Remembering Longtime Nyack Friend, Dr. Susan G. Gordon
The Nyack College Rockland campus learned of the passing of Dr. Susan G. Gordon, who with her husband, Dr. Edmund W. Gordon (pictured above) were honored by Nyack as recipients of the 2012 Social Justice Day Award.
Dr. Gordon’s well-lived life is reflected in an extensive list of accomplishments—both professionally and in her role as a servant leader in the community. The co-founder of the CEJJES Institute with her husband, the Pomona, NY resident was a graduate of Howard University College of Medicine in Washington, D.C. She practiced pediatrics in Rockland County before becoming an associate professor of pediatrics, first at New York Medical College and then at Columbia University’s College of Physicians and Surgeons. She also taught at Metropolitan Hospital, The Children's Hospital of the New York Presbyterian Hospital in the City of New York, and Harlem Hospital.
During her eight years on the East Ramapo Central School District Board of Education she was elected board president. Dr. Gordon was a board member and trustee of the Martin Luther King Multi-Purpose Center and served a four-year term on the Nyack Hospital Board of Trustees. In 2006, she and her husband were inducted into the Rockland County Civil Rights Hall of Fame.
The Gordons were always proud to proclaim publically that their “greatest collaboration is their four children (two sons and two daughters), and by extension their nine grandchildren and great grandson.”
There will be no public funeral or interment. Any plans for a memorial will be announced at a later date.
The campus community is asked to keep the Gordon family in your prayers.
- Remembering Robin Luce
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- MAY 31: Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Celebrating the School of Nursing's "Surviving Six"
- Class of 2017....You Did It!
- The Nyack College Fishing Club's Big Catch
- Non-Profit Awards Dr. Jackie Washington Fellowship for Ecology Project in Costa Rica
- Seventh Year for Woman...Rite of Passage Ceremony
- Meet the 2017-2018 NYC Campus Student Government Officers
- The Forum....Issue #6
- Nyack's Wakefield Wins CACC Conference Golf Championship
- Jonathan Demme, a Nyack Organizational Leadership Guest Speaker
- Nyack Honor Society Students Celebrated
- Browse Blog Archive>>