Remembering Longtime Nyack Friend, Dr. Susan G. Gordon
The Nyack College Rockland campus learned of the passing of Dr. Susan G. Gordon, who with her husband, Dr. Edmund W. Gordon (pictured above) were honored by Nyack as recipients of the 2012 Social Justice Day Award.
Dr. Gordon’s well-lived life is reflected in an extensive list of accomplishments—both professionally and in her role as a servant leader in the community. The co-founder of the CEJJES Institute with her husband, the Pomona, NY resident was a graduate of Howard University College of Medicine in Washington, D.C. She practiced pediatrics in Rockland County before becoming an associate professor of pediatrics, first at New York Medical College and then at Columbia University’s College of Physicians and Surgeons. She also taught at Metropolitan Hospital, The Children's Hospital of the New York Presbyterian Hospital in the City of New York, and Harlem Hospital.
During her eight years on the East Ramapo Central School District Board of Education she was elected board president. Dr. Gordon was a board member and trustee of the Martin Luther King Multi-Purpose Center and served a four-year term on the Nyack Hospital Board of Trustees. In 2006, she and her husband were inducted into the Rockland County Civil Rights Hall of Fame.
The Gordons were always proud to proclaim publically that their “greatest collaboration is their four children (two sons and two daughters), and by extension their nine grandchildren and great grandson.”
There will be no public funeral or interment. Any plans for a memorial will be announced at a later date.
The campus community is asked to keep the Gordon family in your prayers.
- The Forum....Issue #6
- Nyack's Wakefield Wins CACC Conference Golf Championship
- Jonathan Demme, a Nyack Organizational Leadership Guest Speaker
- Nyack Honor Society Students Celebrated
- Summer 2017 Research Grants for Nyack Faculty Announced
- Issachah Savage Conducts Masterclass for Nyack Music Students
- Nyack College Helps Keep Rockland Beautiful
- APRIL 23: Nyack's "La Traviata" Performance Will Benefit Ottawa, IL Tornado Victims
- Warriors Men’s Soccer Loses 4-3 to United States Military Academy in Spring Finale
- Nyack Music Faculty/Alumnus ('09) Carlos Cuestas at Watchung Arts Center
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2017 Commencement
- Fishing Club Fundraiser
- Bill Roesch of Impact Paterson Begins Coaching Business Venture Competition Winners
- Nyack Bio Students Present at SEA PHAGES Conference
- High Praise in the Lincoln Center "Sanctuary"
- Winners of the Nyack College 2017 Student Research Conference Announced
- Dean Wanda Velez--a Panelist for Women in Leadership Conference
- Dr. James Danaher, INDIES Book of the Year Awards Finalist
- The Art of Photography With Rebecca Przywara
- Dr. Lawrence Resseler Conducts School of Social Work Seminar
- English Department Welcomes Author Steven Florczyk to the Nyack Rockland Campus
- CSGE Colloquium Features Dr. Larry Poston
- The Music of Dr. Tammy Lum Featured on WWFM.org., the Classical Network
- CSGE Releases Digital Brochure for April 4 Student Research Conference
- Nyack College School of Business Hosts Competition for Local Entrepreneurs
- Browse Blog Archive>>