Remembering Longtime Nyack Friend, Dr. Susan G. Gordon
The Nyack College Rockland campus learned of the passing of Dr. Susan G. Gordon, who with her husband, Dr. Edmund W. Gordon (pictured above) were honored by Nyack as recipients of the 2012 Social Justice Day Award.
Dr. Gordon’s well-lived life is reflected in an extensive list of accomplishments—both professionally and in her role as a servant leader in the community. The co-founder of the CEJJES Institute with her husband, the Pomona, NY resident was a graduate of Howard University College of Medicine in Washington, D.C. She practiced pediatrics in Rockland County before becoming an associate professor of pediatrics, first at New York Medical College and then at Columbia University’s College of Physicians and Surgeons. She also taught at Metropolitan Hospital, The Children's Hospital of the New York Presbyterian Hospital in the City of New York, and Harlem Hospital.
During her eight years on the East Ramapo Central School District Board of Education she was elected board president. Dr. Gordon was a board member and trustee of the Martin Luther King Multi-Purpose Center and served a four-year term on the Nyack Hospital Board of Trustees. In 2006, she and her husband were inducted into the Rockland County Civil Rights Hall of Fame.
The Gordons were always proud to proclaim publically that their “greatest collaboration is their four children (two sons and two daughters), and by extension their nine grandchildren and great grandson.”
There will be no public funeral or interment. Any plans for a memorial will be announced at a later date.
The campus community is asked to keep the Gordon family in your prayers.
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Isa Agape: A WNYK Interview and Worship & Praise Night Leader
- Telling the Nyack Story
- Browse Blog Archive>>