Rockland County Colleges Partner on a Black History Month MLK Oratory Contest
The sixth annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Oratory Contest will be held on Saturday, February 6 at the Nyack Center, 58 Depew Ave., in downtown Nyack at 7:00 p.m. as a part of the Center’s 2016 Black History Month Celebration for Rockland County youth ages 13-20.
For more information and registration, contact contest coordinator Earl Miller (pictured above) at 845.675.4791 or at Earl.Miller@nyack.edu.
Four Rockland County Colleges—St. Thomas Aquinas, Dominican, Rockland Community College and Nyack College partner in the event—coordinated by Mr. Miller who is Nyack’s Executive Director of Community Relations.
Contestants will deliver a 3-5 minute segment of a speech by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. The orators will be judged on content, comprehension of the material, interpretation, ability to stay within the allotted time frame and overall presentation. Awards to first, second, and third place winners will be scholarships of $1,000, $500, and $250 at Dominican, St. Thomas Aquinas, Rockland Community College, and Nyack College. Additional scholarships of $500, $300, and $200 will be awarded by other colleges and universities.
Orange & Rockland Utilities is the corporate sponsor.
- The Forum....Issue #6
- Nyack's Wakefield Wins CACC Conference Golf Championship
- Jonathan Demme, a Nyack Organizational Leadership Guest Speaker
- Nyack Honor Society Students Celebrated
- Summer 2017 Research Grants for Nyack Faculty Announced
- Issachah Savage Conducts Masterclass for Nyack Music Students
- Nyack College Helps Keep Rockland Beautiful
- APRIL 23: Nyack's "La Traviata" Performance Will Benefit Ottawa, IL Tornado Victims
- Warriors Men’s Soccer Loses 4-3 to United States Military Academy in Spring Finale
- Nyack Music Faculty/Alumnus ('09) Carlos Cuestas at Watchung Arts Center
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2017 Commencement
- Fishing Club Fundraiser
- Bill Roesch of Impact Paterson Begins Coaching Business Venture Competition Winners
- Nyack Bio Students Present at SEA PHAGES Conference
- High Praise in the Lincoln Center "Sanctuary"
- Winners of the Nyack College 2017 Student Research Conference Announced
- Dean Wanda Velez--a Panelist for Women in Leadership Conference
- Dr. James Danaher, INDIES Book of the Year Awards Finalist
- The Art of Photography With Rebecca Przywara
- Dr. Lawrence Resseler Conducts School of Social Work Seminar
- English Department Welcomes Author Steven Florczyk to the Nyack Rockland Campus
- CSGE Colloquium Features Dr. Larry Poston
- The Music of Dr. Tammy Lum Featured on WWFM.org., the Classical Network
- CSGE Releases Digital Brochure for April 4 Student Research Conference
- Nyack College School of Business Hosts Competition for Local Entrepreneurs
- Browse Blog Archive>>