Dr. Elizabeth Swanson Voted a National Collegiate Choral Organization Officer
Nyack College NYC campus Chorale conductor, Dr. Elizabeth Swanson, was elected by her peers to serve on the Executive Board of National Collegiate Choral Organization (NCCO) for the 2016-17 term and will serve as Secretary of the national organization. The announcement was made on December 15 by Dr. Mitos Andaya Hart, outgoing President of NCCO and Associate Director of Choral Activities at Temple University.
NCCO was founded in 2005 specifically to serve collegiate choral musicians around the country. The organization recently held its sixth national conference in Portland, OR, after which several hundred members voted to elect their executive officers for the next term.
Joining Swanson starting in January 2016 will be Dr. Randi Von Ellefson, President (Oklahoma City University); Dr. Brett Scott, President-elect (Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music); Dr. Miguel Felipe, Vice President (University of Hawai’i); and Dr. Dominick DiOrio, Treasurer (Indiana University).
Swanson joined the Nyack College NYC faculty as an assistant professor in 2010.She leads the Nyack College Chorale, and teaches courses in Conducting and Sight Singing/ Ear Training. Under her leadership, the Nyack College Chorale tours regularly and brings their ministry to all five boroughs of NYC.
Swanson has served NCCO since 2012 as the New York State Representative and National Board Member. She has served as an associate editor of NCCO’s scholarly publication, The Choral Scholar, since 2013. She loves being an active member of a vibrant professional organization and looks forward to the next national conference, which will be held in Baton Rouge, LA, at LSU in 2017.
- Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary Alumni at Metro District Conference "Expectation"
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23-25: Dave Powers Returns for Spiritual Formation's Prayer Summit 2017
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- NOV 8-9: Nyack Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- NOV 4: Dr. Anna Flores-Locke to Present at American Counseling Association Event
- WNYK's October Alumni Spotlight: Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight
- First 2017-2018 Issue of The Forum is Released
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- Browse Blog Archive>>