Dr. Elizabeth Swanson Voted a National Collegiate Choral Organization Officer
Nyack College NYC campus Chorale conductor, Dr. Elizabeth Swanson, was elected by her peers to serve on the Executive Board of National Collegiate Choral Organization (NCCO) for the 2016-17 term and will serve as Secretary of the national organization. The announcement was made on December 15 by Dr. Mitos Andaya Hart, outgoing President of NCCO and Associate Director of Choral Activities at Temple University.
NCCO was founded in 2005 specifically to serve collegiate choral musicians around the country. The organization recently held its sixth national conference in Portland, OR, after which several hundred members voted to elect their executive officers for the next term.
Joining Swanson starting in January 2016 will be Dr. Randi Von Ellefson, President (Oklahoma City University); Dr. Brett Scott, President-elect (Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music); Dr. Miguel Felipe, Vice President (University of Hawai’i); and Dr. Dominick DiOrio, Treasurer (Indiana University).
Swanson joined the Nyack College NYC faculty as an assistant professor in 2010.She leads the Nyack College Chorale, and teaches courses in Conducting and Sight Singing/ Ear Training. Under her leadership, the Nyack College Chorale tours regularly and brings their ministry to all five boroughs of NYC.
Swanson has served NCCO since 2012 as the New York State Representative and National Board Member. She has served as an associate editor of NCCO’s scholarly publication, The Choral Scholar, since 2013. She loves being an active member of a vibrant professional organization and looks forward to the next national conference, which will be held in Baton Rouge, LA, at LSU in 2017.
- Nyack Basketball Alumni Compete at IBall National Pro Combine
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
- Remembering Robin Luce
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Celebrating Nyack's School of Nursing Graduates
- Browse Blog Archive>>