Dr. Elizabeth Swanson Voted a National Collegiate Choral Organization Officer
Nyack College NYC campus Chorale conductor, Dr. Elizabeth Swanson, was elected by her peers to serve on the Executive Board of National Collegiate Choral Organization (NCCO) for the 2016-17 term and will serve as Secretary of the national organization. The announcement was made on December 15 by Dr. Mitos Andaya Hart, outgoing President of NCCO and Associate Director of Choral Activities at Temple University.
NCCO was founded in 2005 specifically to serve collegiate choral musicians around the country. The organization recently held its sixth national conference in Portland, OR, after which several hundred members voted to elect their executive officers for the next term.
Joining Swanson starting in January 2016 will be Dr. Randi Von Ellefson, President (Oklahoma City University); Dr. Brett Scott, President-elect (Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music); Dr. Miguel Felipe, Vice President (University of Hawai’i); and Dr. Dominick DiOrio, Treasurer (Indiana University).
Swanson joined the Nyack College NYC faculty as an assistant professor in 2010.She leads the Nyack College Chorale, and teaches courses in Conducting and Sight Singing/ Ear Training. Under her leadership, the Nyack College Chorale tours regularly and brings their ministry to all five boroughs of NYC.
Swanson has served NCCO since 2012 as the New York State Representative and National Board Member. She has served as an associate editor of NCCO’s scholarly publication, The Choral Scholar, since 2013. She loves being an active member of a vibrant professional organization and looks forward to the next national conference, which will be held in Baton Rouge, LA, at LSU in 2017.
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Browse Blog Archive>>