Dr. Elizabeth Swanson Voted a National Collegiate Choral Organization Officer
Nyack College NYC campus Chorale conductor, Dr. Elizabeth Swanson, was elected by her peers to serve on the Executive Board of National Collegiate Choral Organization (NCCO) for the 2016-17 term and will serve as Secretary of the national organization. The announcement was made on December 15 by Dr. Mitos Andaya Hart, outgoing President of NCCO and Associate Director of Choral Activities at Temple University.
NCCO was founded in 2005 specifically to serve collegiate choral musicians around the country. The organization recently held its sixth national conference in Portland, OR, after which several hundred members voted to elect their executive officers for the next term.
Joining Swanson starting in January 2016 will be Dr. Randi Von Ellefson, President (Oklahoma City University); Dr. Brett Scott, President-elect (Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music); Dr. Miguel Felipe, Vice President (University of Hawai’i); and Dr. Dominick DiOrio, Treasurer (Indiana University).
Swanson joined the Nyack College NYC faculty as an assistant professor in 2010.She leads the Nyack College Chorale, and teaches courses in Conducting and Sight Singing/ Ear Training. Under her leadership, the Nyack College Chorale tours regularly and brings their ministry to all five boroughs of NYC.
Swanson has served NCCO since 2012 as the New York State Representative and National Board Member. She has served as an associate editor of NCCO’s scholarly publication, The Choral Scholar, since 2013. She loves being an active member of a vibrant professional organization and looks forward to the next national conference, which will be held in Baton Rouge, LA, at LSU in 2017.
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Browse Blog Archive>>