Dr. Elizabeth Swanson Voted a National Collegiate Choral Organization Officer
Nyack College NYC campus Chorale conductor, Dr. Elizabeth Swanson, was elected by her peers to serve on the Executive Board of National Collegiate Choral Organization (NCCO) for the 2016-17 term and will serve as Secretary of the national organization. The announcement was made on December 15 by Dr. Mitos Andaya Hart, outgoing President of NCCO and Associate Director of Choral Activities at Temple University.
NCCO was founded in 2005 specifically to serve collegiate choral musicians around the country. The organization recently held its sixth national conference in Portland, OR, after which several hundred members voted to elect their executive officers for the next term.
Joining Swanson starting in January 2016 will be Dr. Randi Von Ellefson, President (Oklahoma City University); Dr. Brett Scott, President-elect (Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music); Dr. Miguel Felipe, Vice President (University of Hawai’i); and Dr. Dominick DiOrio, Treasurer (Indiana University).
Swanson joined the Nyack College NYC faculty as an assistant professor in 2010.She leads the Nyack College Chorale, and teaches courses in Conducting and Sight Singing/ Ear Training. Under her leadership, the Nyack College Chorale tours regularly and brings their ministry to all five boroughs of NYC.
Swanson has served NCCO since 2012 as the New York State Representative and National Board Member. She has served as an associate editor of NCCO’s scholarly publication, The Choral Scholar, since 2013. She loves being an active member of a vibrant professional organization and looks forward to the next national conference, which will be held in Baton Rouge, LA, at LSU in 2017.
- Nyack College School of Music December Concerts
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Alumna Alyssa Cruz Presents on Technology-Infused and Data-Driven Lesson Planning
- #GivingTuesday for Nyack's Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico
- Three Nyack Warriors on 2017 Men's Soccer All-Academic Team
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico...Firm and Persevering!
- Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Browse Blog Archive>>