Conference on the Role of Faith in the Practice of Medicine
The recent two-day conference, “Grace Prescriptions,” held at the Nyack NYC Battery Park campus featured authors Dr. Walt Larimore and Dr. Bill Peel and drew an enthusiastic audience of more than 120 healthcare professionals. The conference addressed faith in the practice of medicine. Nyack’s partnership with Beacon Christian Community Health Center in Staten Island is a wonderful example of the College’s intentional involvement with outreach to communities in the Tri-State New York area.
Pictured (l-r) are Nyack College President, Dr. Michael G. Scales; CEO and Executive Director of Beacon Christian Community Health Center, Dr. David Kim; and Nyack Alliance Graduate School of Counseling (AGSC) professor and soon to be chair of the Christian Medical and Dental Association, Dr. Elaine Eng.
Dr. Eng was generous with praise for the event being made possible because of the support of Nyack’s Executive Vice President and Treasurer Dr. David Jennings and the Auxiliary Services team—Mrs. Michele Blanck, Ms. Julie Rivera, and Mr. Jamal Damon. She also is grateful for the AGSC student volunteers, Johanna Dillenbeck and her husband, Kenny; Nlandu Roman, and Katherine Kirby; AGSC alumna, Carmen Chow Wong; and Dr. Sathya Theodore, and Joyce Ma.
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- MAY 31: Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Celebrating the School of Nursing's "Surviving Six"
- Class of 2017....You Did It!
- The Nyack College Fishing Club's Big Catch
- Non-Profit Awards Dr. Jackie Washington Fellowship for Ecology Project in Costa Rica
- Seventh Year for Woman...Rite of Passage Ceremony
- Meet the 2017-2018 NYC Campus Student Government Officers
- The Forum....Issue #6
- Nyack's Wakefield Wins CACC Conference Golf Championship
- Jonathan Demme, a Nyack Organizational Leadership Guest Speaker
- Nyack Honor Society Students Celebrated
- Summer 2017 Research Grants for Nyack Faculty Announced
- Issachah Savage Conducts Masterclass for Nyack Music Students
- Browse Blog Archive>>