Nyack Women's Soccer Team Assists With YMCA Clinics
Members of the Nyack College Women’s soccer team are serving in the community by assisting Rockland YMCA Fitness Director Hector Ocasio with soccer clinics for youth aged 6-10 years old on Fridays from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at the Y on 35 South Broadway in downtown Nyack. Youth learn the fundamentals of the sport such as passing, shooting, dribbling, and controlling the ball.
The fee for the eight-week sessions is $25 for YMCA members and $105 for non-members. The current session runs through February 5, 2016. A spring session will run from Feb 26 to April 15.
Says Mr. Ocasio, “The instruction provided by the volunteers from the Nyack College Women’s soccer team has been a tremendous boost to the quality of youth sports instruction we provide at the YMCA.”
Head Coach for the Nyack Women’s soccer team, Jodel Wright, commented, “It is an extremely proud moment for the Lady Warriors to have been given the privilege to educate kids in the sport we love. This is a great opportunity for the team to give back to the community that we are a part of and be positive role models for these kids. Our goal through the soccer clinics is simply to be a supporter of youth in the Nyack community, who have a passion for the game.”
For more information, phone (845)358-6608.
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- SEPT 29: ATS Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Update on Nyack's Seminary Branch in Puerto Rico
- September Alumni Spotlight on WNYK: Pastor Greg Haueter
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Nyack Night at the Borderline Music Festival
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- Browse Blog Archive>>