PO Serg Tchertkoff Visits With Nyack College Criminal Justice Majors
Nyack Assistant Professor of Sociology/Criminal Justice Miguel Sanchez arranged for a representative of the South Nyack—Grand View Police Headquarters to visit with the Criminal Justice Department and the Criminal Justice Club students recently.
The conversation was candid and upbeat as Officer Serg Tchertkoff spent time with the gathering of more than two dozen students about his role in law enforcement--both the positive and challenging areas of his job. He urged them to begin exploring the prospect of this career even while they continue their studies.
The criminal justice degree program at Nyack launched in 2009. The emphasis is on providing students with academic preparation for graduate school in criminal justice or law and is structured to comply with the certification standards of the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences.
For more information, click here.
- Remembering Robin Luce
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- MAY 31: Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Celebrating the School of Nursing's "Surviving Six"
- Class of 2017....You Did It!
- The Nyack College Fishing Club's Big Catch
- Non-Profit Awards Dr. Jackie Washington Fellowship for Ecology Project in Costa Rica
- Seventh Year for Woman...Rite of Passage Ceremony
- Meet the 2017-2018 NYC Campus Student Government Officers
- The Forum....Issue #6
- Nyack's Wakefield Wins CACC Conference Golf Championship
- Jonathan Demme, a Nyack Organizational Leadership Guest Speaker
- Nyack Honor Society Students Celebrated
- Browse Blog Archive>>