ATS Rockland "Alumnus of the Year," Rich Villodas
Rich Villodas (ATS, M.Div., '09) was the guest speaker at a special Alumni Chapel at ATS Rockland County on December 2, where he was also named “2015 Alumnus of the Year.” Pictured above (Hector Ramirez, president of ATS Alumni Association president; Jeff Quinn, vice president for college relations; Rich Villodas; and Ron Walborn, dean of ATS and College of Bible & Christian Ministry.)
Rich Villodas became the lead pastor at New Life Fellowship Church in Elmhurst, Queens on October 6, 2013, receiving the baton from Pete Scazzero, who planted New Life in Queens nearly three decades ago. This thriving ministry is a multi-racial, international church with more than 75 countries represented.
Born in the East New York section of Brooklyn, just 20 minutes from New Life, Pastor Villados was raised in an environment that would give him intimate knowledge of the urban context for ministry. A power encounter with God took place when as a teenager he and 15 of his family members came to faith in Jesus Christ on the same night in the same storefront church service.
His obedient response to the call to ministry led Rich to complete his bachelor’s degree at Nyack College in 2003 as a pastoral ministry and bible major and a Master of Divinity in theological studies from Alliance Theological Seminary in 2009. He has served in a number of outreach efforts to young adults and to the elderly; on community service projects for small groups; and with the Bowery Mission and All Angels, a food distribution ministry.
Nyack/ATS faculty, staff, and alumni applaud Rich for this latest well-earned recognition!
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- Browse Blog Archive>>