ATS Rockland "Alumnus of the Year," Rich Villodas
Rich Villodas (ATS, M.Div., '09) was the guest speaker at a special Alumni Chapel at ATS Rockland County on December 2, where he was also named “2015 Alumnus of the Year.” Pictured above (Hector Ramirez, president of ATS Alumni Association president; Jeff Quinn, vice president for college relations; Rich Villodas; and Ron Walborn, dean of ATS and College of Bible & Christian Ministry.)
Rich Villodas became the lead pastor at New Life Fellowship Church in Elmhurst, Queens on October 6, 2013, receiving the baton from Pete Scazzero, who planted New Life in Queens nearly three decades ago. This thriving ministry is a multi-racial, international church with more than 75 countries represented.
Born in the East New York section of Brooklyn, just 20 minutes from New Life, Pastor Villados was raised in an environment that would give him intimate knowledge of the urban context for ministry. A power encounter with God took place when as a teenager he and 15 of his family members came to faith in Jesus Christ on the same night in the same storefront church service.
His obedient response to the call to ministry led Rich to complete his bachelor’s degree at Nyack College in 2003 as a pastoral ministry and bible major and a Master of Divinity in theological studies from Alliance Theological Seminary in 2009. He has served in a number of outreach efforts to young adults and to the elderly; on community service projects for small groups; and with the Bowery Mission and All Angels, a food distribution ministry.
Nyack/ATS faculty, staff, and alumni applaud Rich for this latest well-earned recognition!
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>