ATS Rockland "Alumnus of the Year," Rich Villodas
Rich Villodas (ATS, M.Div., '09) was the guest speaker at a special Alumni Chapel at ATS Rockland County on December 2, where he was also named “2015 Alumnus of the Year.” Pictured above (Hector Ramirez, president of ATS Alumni Association president; Jeff Quinn, vice president for college relations; Rich Villodas; and Ron Walborn, dean of ATS and College of Bible & Christian Ministry.)
Rich Villodas became the lead pastor at New Life Fellowship Church in Elmhurst, Queens on October 6, 2013, receiving the baton from Pete Scazzero, who planted New Life in Queens nearly three decades ago. This thriving ministry is a multi-racial, international church with more than 75 countries represented.
Born in the East New York section of Brooklyn, just 20 minutes from New Life, Pastor Villados was raised in an environment that would give him intimate knowledge of the urban context for ministry. A power encounter with God took place when as a teenager he and 15 of his family members came to faith in Jesus Christ on the same night in the same storefront church service.
His obedient response to the call to ministry led Rich to complete his bachelor’s degree at Nyack College in 2003 as a pastoral ministry and bible major and a Master of Divinity in theological studies from Alliance Theological Seminary in 2009. He has served in a number of outreach efforts to young adults and to the elderly; on community service projects for small groups; and with the Bowery Mission and All Angels, a food distribution ministry.
Nyack/ATS faculty, staff, and alumni applaud Rich for this latest well-earned recognition!
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann: Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Browse Blog Archive>>