Chelsea Geyer ('12) Director of DC127, a Colloquium Guest Speaker
Nyack College Honors Program alumna, Chelsea Geyer (NC ’12), is one of seven individuals featured in “Engaging the World,” a Christianity Today (CT) article that also appears in CT’s Christian College Guide. (Read the article here.) The summa cum laude graduate majored in English and minored in political science. While at Nyack, among her many activities, she interned with the College’s Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement and also with the nonprofit organization, Resolve, during a semester of study in the nation’s capital.
Following graduation she relocated to Washington and joined Resolve's staff. Today, Chelsea is the founder of her own non-profit, DC127. Named for its location and the scriptural exhortation to look after orphans and widows in their distress (James 1:27), the group coordinates the efforts of churches and local foster care agencies to support foster children and their families.
Ms. Geyer was welcomed back to the Nyack Rockland campus as the keynote speaker for the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement’s fall Colloquium on the Rockland County campus. She shared about her role at DC127 with an audience of students, faculty, and staff in Presidents Hall and responded to questions about successfully navigating post-graduation challenges—both personally and professionally.
Click here to learn about how Chelsea is making a difference in the lives of DC families.
- Nyack College Helps Keep Rockland Beautiful
- APRIL 23: Nyack's "La Traviata" Performance Will Benefit Ottawa, IL Tornado Victims
- Warriors Men’s Soccer Loses 4-3 to United States Military Academy in Spring Finale
- Nyack Music Faculty/Alumnus ('09) Carlos Cuestas at Watchung Arts Center
- Issachah Savage Conducts Masterclass for Nyack Music Students
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2017 Commencement
- Fishing Club Fundraiser
- Bill Roesch of Impact Paterson Begins Coaching Business Venture Competition Winners
- Nyack Bio Students Present at SEA PHAGES Conference
- High Praise in the Lincoln Center "Sanctuary"
- Winners of the Nyack College 2017 Student Research Conference Announced
- Dean Wanda Velez--a Panelist for Women in Leadership Conference
- Dr. James Danaher, INDIES Book of the Year Awards Finalist
- The Art of Photography With Rebecca Przywara
- Dr. Lawrence Resseler Conducts School of Social Work Seminar
- English Department Welcomes Author Steven Florczyk to the Nyack Rockland Campus
- CSGE Colloquium Features Dr. Larry Poston
- The Music of Dr. Tammy Lum Featured on WWFM.org., the Classical Network
- CSGE Releases Digital Brochure for April 4 Student Research Conference
- Nyack College School of Business Hosts Competition for Local Entrepreneurs
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica Named to Alliance for Higher Education in Prison Founding Board
- New Edition of The Forum Published
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Browse Blog Archive>>