Chelsea Geyer ('12) Director of DC127, a Colloquium Guest Speaker
Nyack College Honors Program alumna, Chelsea Geyer (NC ’12), is one of seven individuals featured in “Engaging the World,” a Christianity Today (CT) article that also appears in CT’s Christian College Guide. (Read the article here.) The summa cum laude graduate majored in English and minored in political science. While at Nyack, among her many activities, she interned with the College’s Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement and also with the nonprofit organization, Resolve, during a semester of study in the nation’s capital.
Following graduation she relocated to Washington and joined Resolve's staff. Today, Chelsea is the founder of her own non-profit, DC127. Named for its location and the scriptural exhortation to look after orphans and widows in their distress (James 1:27), the group coordinates the efforts of churches and local foster care agencies to support foster children and their families.
Ms. Geyer was welcomed back to the Nyack Rockland campus as the keynote speaker for the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement’s fall Colloquium on the Rockland County campus. She shared about her role at DC127 with an audience of students, faculty, and staff in Presidents Hall and responded to questions about successfully navigating post-graduation challenges—both personally and professionally.
Click here to learn about how Chelsea is making a difference in the lives of DC families.
- March 29: The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica Named to Alliance for Higher Education in Prison Founding Board
- New Edition of The Forum Published
- OPENING MARCH 31: Nyack's Spring Play: The Importance of Being Earnest
- MARCH 31: Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Browse Blog Archive>>