Chelsea Geyer ('12) Director of DC127, a Colloquium Guest Speaker
Nyack College Honors Program alumna, Chelsea Geyer (NC ’12), is one of seven individuals featured in “Engaging the World,” a Christianity Today (CT) article that also appears in CT’s Christian College Guide. (Read the article here.) The summa cum laude graduate majored in English and minored in political science. While at Nyack, among her many activities, she interned with the College’s Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement and also with the nonprofit organization, Resolve, during a semester of study in the nation’s capital.
Following graduation she relocated to Washington and joined Resolve's staff. Today, Chelsea is the founder of her own non-profit, DC127. Named for its location and the scriptural exhortation to look after orphans and widows in their distress (James 1:27), the group coordinates the efforts of churches and local foster care agencies to support foster children and their families.
Ms. Geyer was welcomed back to the Nyack Rockland campus as the keynote speaker for the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement’s fall Colloquium on the Rockland County campus. She shared about her role at DC127 with an audience of students, faculty, and staff in Presidents Hall and responded to questions about successfully navigating post-graduation challenges—both personally and professionally.
Click here to learn about how Chelsea is making a difference in the lives of DC families.
- Tune In For a Special WNKY Segment With The Center for Human Development and Family Services
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- Browse Blog Archive>>