New Partnership With An Old Friend: Pastor Lesly Milord
“Nothing could remove me from Nyack College except full-time ministry,” said Lesly Milord (NC ’97). God recently called him to make good on that vow.
Milord, the former Associate Director of Admissions for Alliance Theological Seminary (ATS) has joined the pastoral team at Beraca Baptist Church in Brooklyn, NY. Perhaps not coincidentally, Brooklyn was his primary recruiting territory when he served Nyack as an undergraduate admissions counselor in 1999. Like an “ambassador of goodwill” he formed genuine relationships with a network of pastors in the borough and based on the trust that developed, Lesly Milord averaged some 100 recruits each year. By the time, he ended his 16-year career in admissions at Nyack, 1,638 students found their way to the college because of him.
Counselors are the true foot soldiers in the field of admissions and often the stress of “making the numbers” can seem like all efforts are futile; on the contrary for Lesly. Because of his personal transformation at Nyack as a student, he pursued hearts, not a headcount.
In 2010, when Nyack College established a $1 million Haitian Scholarship Fund for students displaced by the earthquake in Haiti, Lesly Milord was the perfect choice for shepherding this initiative. His testimony captured the hearts of nearly a dozen students who enrolled at Nyack. These young men and women didn’t come for a handout. With GPA’s in the 3.5 to 3.9 range, the hand-up for the students was a fruitful investment and more evidence of Milord’s impactful way of acquainting young people with his beloved alma mater.
It was not a farewell when Pastor Milord said his goodbyes to the Nyack. Now the college and seminary have a partnership with him that is simply a shift in roles. Nyack admissions counselors will have an open door to the youth of his church and the many others that know of Milord’s relationship with Nyack.
Dr. Michael G. Scales and the Nyack/ATS board of trustees proudly paid tribute to the work of this extraordinary man during a board meeting—a well-deserved expression of gratitude covered with well-wishes and prayer. (Pictured l-r: Dr. Rockwell Dillaman, Pastor Lesly Milord, and Dr. Michael G. Scales).
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Save the DAte for Nyack's School of Music Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Browse Blog Archive>>