New Partnership With An Old Friend: Pastor Lesly Milord
“Nothing could remove me from Nyack College except full-time ministry,” said Lesly Milord (NC ’97). God recently called him to make good on that vow.
Milord, the former Associate Director of Admissions for Alliance Theological Seminary (ATS) has joined the pastoral team at Beraca Baptist Church in Brooklyn, NY. Perhaps not coincidentally, Brooklyn was his primary recruiting territory when he served Nyack as an undergraduate admissions counselor in 1999. Like an “ambassador of goodwill” he formed genuine relationships with a network of pastors in the borough and based on the trust that developed, Lesly Milord averaged some 100 recruits each year. By the time, he ended his 16-year career in admissions at Nyack, 1,638 students found their way to the college because of him.
Counselors are the true foot soldiers in the field of admissions and often the stress of “making the numbers” can seem like all efforts are futile; on the contrary for Lesly. Because of his personal transformation at Nyack as a student, he pursued hearts, not a headcount.
In 2010, when Nyack College established a $1 million Haitian Scholarship Fund for students displaced by the earthquake in Haiti, Lesly Milord was the perfect choice for shepherding this initiative. His testimony captured the hearts of nearly a dozen students who enrolled at Nyack. These young men and women didn’t come for a handout. With GPA’s in the 3.5 to 3.9 range, the hand-up for the students was a fruitful investment and more evidence of Milord’s impactful way of acquainting young people with his beloved alma mater.
It was not a farewell when Pastor Milord said his goodbyes to the Nyack. Now the college and seminary have a partnership with him that is simply a shift in roles. Nyack admissions counselors will have an open door to the youth of his church and the many others that know of Milord’s relationship with Nyack.
Dr. Michael G. Scales and the Nyack/ATS board of trustees proudly paid tribute to the work of this extraordinary man during a board meeting—a well-deserved expression of gratitude covered with well-wishes and prayer. (Pictured l-r: Dr. Rockwell Dillaman, Pastor Lesly Milord, and Dr. Michael G. Scales).
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Nyack Night at the Borderline Music Festival
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- Request for Prayer: Hurricane Maria Approaches Puerto Rico
- EMPOWER: Sixth Annual C&MA Certificate Program for Women Kicks Off
- Nyack College "Woman" Students Celebrated at Initiation Ceremony
- SEPT: 18-20 Stephen Fowler, Deeper Life Series Speaker
- SEPT 18: Interview of Building 429's Jason Roy to Re-air on WNYK 88FM
- Fall 2017 Colloquium Series Hosted by Nyack's Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement
- Nyack College on U.S. News & World Report 2018 #BestColleges List
- SEPT 28: Biblical Archaeology Society and Nyack's Center for The Study of Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins NYC Event
- Free Coney Island Concert Nyack's Damien Sneed with Gospel Great, Shirley Caesar
- Nyack Rockland Dean's Personal 9/11 Reflection
- ATS Dean in Vietnam to Teach First Seminary Graduate Level Course
- UPDATE: ATS/Nyack Campus in Puerto Rico
- Diversity Matters: Race, Ethnicity, & The Future of Christian Higher Education
- Listening Party for ISAIAH VELEZ
- Jesus Week Appreciation Banquet, Sept. 7 @6:30 PM
- Youth Pastors Fellowship at Nyack College NYC
- Dan Bailey Named to the CACC Hall of Fame
- An NCLEX-RN Exam Victory for Class of 2017 Alumnae
- Nyack College - A Borderline Music Festival Sponsor
- Andrew Iwaskow, Nyack Alumnus Named Executive VP at Tailored Brands, Inc.
- Browse Blog Archive>>