Fulbright Ambassador Brian Polkinghorn Visits Nyack College
Fulbright Ambassador Dr. Brian Polkinghorn will visit the Nyack College Rockland campus on Monday, November 2 at 12:30 p.m. in Shuman Hall, second floor conference room. There is no charge for admission to his presentation for Fulbright campus representatives and Nyack faculty interested in the Fulbright Scholar program.
The Fulbright Scholar Program provides some 800 grants in more than 125 countries to support teaching and research in a wide variety of disciplines. Fulbright Scholars have established new global programs and engaged in collaborative work with colleagues around the world, including at the international community college level.
Ambassadors have been selected from a broad range of American academic disciplines, higher education institutions, and geographic regions.
Dr. Polkinghorn is a Distinguished Professor and Program director in the Department of Conflict Analysis and Dispute Resolution (CADR) and the Executive Director of the Bosserman Center for Conflict Resolution (BCCR) at Salisbury University. He will share about his 2010 Fulbright Scholar experience in Israel, followed by a Q&A session.
To reserve a seat, contact Jill Johnson at [email protected]
- FEB 25: Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- FEB 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- FEB 28 Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Browse Blog Archive>>