Official Statement in Response to Media Announced Law Suit
Since 1882, Nyack College has maintained a strong commitment to protecting the well-being of its students and creating a healthy learning environment.
On Friday, October 2, 2015 the New York Post provided Nyack College with a copy of a lawsuit purportedly filed against the College on behalf of one current softball player. The College has not been served with the lawsuit.
It is Nyack College’s policy not to comment on pending litigation particularly with respect to current students who have chosen to continue their academic and athletic careers at Nyack College.
From the time Nyack learned of these allegations and immediately terminated the coach, college personnel have fully cooperated with law enforcement authorities. All faculty and staff hired by the College are subjected to a rigorous background check including a check of sex offender databases.
We continue to keep those impacted in our prayers and ask that the privacy of these student athletes be respected.
Any additional questions can be addressed to:
Walter Sevastian, Esq.
3 Main Street, Suite 1
Nyack, NY 10960
- OCT 24-26: PRAYER SUMMIT with Dave Powers Hosted by Office of Spiritual Formation
- OCT 26: Fall Colloquium at Nyack Rockland on Civic Engagement
- NOV 2-3: Eighth Annual Nyack Scholars Symposium
- Education Conference at Alliance Theological Seminary with Dr. Eric Mazur
- Barb Shiffer: Well Done, Good and Faithful Servant!
- Get Tickets for Nyack's Production of West Side Story!
- Cast Your Vote for Josh and Jaclyn Blanchard!
- Remembering Tryphena Ramcharitar
- Every Day A Gift Concert, Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Service of Remembrance for Social Work Major Utopia Campbell
- ATS Alumna Karen Goff is VP at Agnes Scott College
- Alumna Rynae Rasley Joins U.S. Air Force Academy Coaching Staff
- Qian Ye, Nyack Alumna Featured in Global Mural Conference
- Celebrating the Service of a Pioneer: Drusila Nieves
- Listen Up! Nyack's WNYK 88.7FM
- 2016 CCCU Diversity Conference
- Coming to Nyack: A Science & Technology Entry Program (STEP) for Youth
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Browse Blog Archive>>