Official Statement in Response to Media Announced Law Suit
Since 1882, Nyack College has maintained a strong commitment to protecting the well-being of its students and creating a healthy learning environment.
On Friday, October 2, 2015 the New York Post provided Nyack College with a copy of a lawsuit purportedly filed against the College on behalf of one current softball player. The College has not been served with the lawsuit.
It is Nyack College’s policy not to comment on pending litigation particularly with respect to current students who have chosen to continue their academic and athletic careers at Nyack College.
From the time Nyack learned of these allegations and immediately terminated the coach, college personnel have fully cooperated with law enforcement authorities. All faculty and staff hired by the College are subjected to a rigorous background check including a check of sex offender databases.
We continue to keep those impacted in our prayers and ask that the privacy of these student athletes be respected.
Any additional questions can be addressed to:
Walter Sevastian, Esq.
3 Main Street, Suite 1
Nyack, NY 10960
- New Edition of The Forum Published
- March 29: The Amasi Trio in Concert
- OPENING MARCH 31: Nyack's Spring Play: The Importance of Being Earnest
- MARCH 31: Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- Browse Blog Archive>>