Official Statement in Response to Media Announced Law Suit
Since 1882, Nyack College has maintained a strong commitment to protecting the well-being of its students and creating a healthy learning environment.
On Friday, October 2, 2015 the New York Post provided Nyack College with a copy of a lawsuit purportedly filed against the College on behalf of one current softball player. The College has not been served with the lawsuit.
It is Nyack College’s policy not to comment on pending litigation particularly with respect to current students who have chosen to continue their academic and athletic careers at Nyack College.
From the time Nyack learned of these allegations and immediately terminated the coach, college personnel have fully cooperated with law enforcement authorities. All faculty and staff hired by the College are subjected to a rigorous background check including a check of sex offender databases.
We continue to keep those impacted in our prayers and ask that the privacy of these student athletes be respected.
Any additional questions can be addressed to:
Walter Sevastian, Esq.
3 Main Street, Suite 1
Nyack, NY 10960
- Jan 30-Feb 1: Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann: Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- Browse Blog Archive>>