MA in Mental Health Counseling Online Approved by NYS Education Department
Nyack College’s Alliance Graduate School of Counseling (AGSC) has been notified that the Master of Arts program in Mental Health Counseling is approved by the State Education Department to be offered fully online! This new three-year, 63-credit online licensure degree will launch in January 2016.
“This is groundbreaking in the state of New York!” declared Dr. Lisa Steiner, Nyack’s director of online graduate education (pictured above). "Of the hundreds of private and public institutions of higher education in New York that offer psychology programs, according to OnlinePyschologyDegrees.com, Nyack College is one of the first New York colleges to offer the master’s degree in Mental Health Counseling licensure degree in a distance education format."
Dr. Steiner further explained, “Through pursuing this degree, students will acquire a strong academic course of study which integrates the science of modern mental health with biblical truths, equipping them to engage both their faith and psychological principles in the healing process of self and others. This online degree will allow students to fit graduate level courses into their busy lifestyle from the comfort of their own homes or even while traveling, empowering them to earn a fee for professional service and pursue state licensure to increase their earning potential.”
AGSC is committed to prepare students for the role of mental health counselors who are emotionally mature, intellectually sound, and professionally competent. Being taught from a Christian worldview, this new degree opens up new opportunities for men and women in ministry around the world.
A special website for the online degree is under construction. To learn more about Alliance Graduate School of Counseling programs, click here.
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Alumna Alyssa Cruz Presents on Technology-Infused and Data-Driven Lesson Planning
- #GivingTuesday for Nyack's Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico
- Three Nyack Warriors on 2017 Men's Soccer All-Academic Team
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>