MA in Mental Health Counseling Online Approved by NYS Education Department
Nyack College’s Alliance Graduate School of Counseling (AGSC) has been notified that the Master of Arts program in Mental Health Counseling is approved by the State Education Department to be offered fully online! This new three-year, 63-credit online licensure degree will launch in January 2016.
“This is groundbreaking in the state of New York!” declared Dr. Lisa Steiner, Nyack’s director of online graduate education (pictured above). "Of the hundreds of private and public institutions of higher education in New York that offer psychology programs, according to OnlinePyschologyDegrees.com, Nyack College is one of the first New York colleges to offer the master’s degree in Mental Health Counseling licensure degree in a distance education format."
Dr. Steiner further explained, “Through pursuing this degree, students will acquire a strong academic course of study which integrates the science of modern mental health with biblical truths, equipping them to engage both their faith and psychological principles in the healing process of self and others. This online degree will allow students to fit graduate level courses into their busy lifestyle from the comfort of their own homes or even while traveling, empowering them to earn a fee for professional service and pursue state licensure to increase their earning potential.”
AGSC is committed to prepare students for the role of mental health counselors who are emotionally mature, intellectually sound, and professionally competent. Being taught from a Christian worldview, this new degree opens up new opportunities for men and women in ministry around the world.
A special website for the online degree is under construction. To learn more about Alliance Graduate School of Counseling programs, click here.
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Save the DAte for Nyack's School of Music Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Browse Blog Archive>>