MA in Mental Health Counseling Online Approved by NYS Education Department
Nyack College’s Alliance Graduate School of Counseling (AGSC) has been notified that the Master of Arts program in Mental Health Counseling is approved by the State Education Department to be offered fully online! This new three-year, 63-credit online licensure degree will launch in January 2016.
“This is groundbreaking in the state of New York!” declared Dr. Lisa Steiner, Nyack’s director of online graduate education (pictured above). "Of the hundreds of private and public institutions of higher education in New York that offer psychology programs, according to OnlinePyschologyDegrees.com, Nyack College is one of the first New York colleges to offer the master’s degree in Mental Health Counseling licensure degree in a distance education format."
Dr. Steiner further explained, “Through pursuing this degree, students will acquire a strong academic course of study which integrates the science of modern mental health with biblical truths, equipping them to engage both their faith and psychological principles in the healing process of self and others. This online degree will allow students to fit graduate level courses into their busy lifestyle from the comfort of their own homes or even while traveling, empowering them to earn a fee for professional service and pursue state licensure to increase their earning potential.”
AGSC is committed to prepare students for the role of mental health counselors who are emotionally mature, intellectually sound, and professionally competent. Being taught from a Christian worldview, this new degree opens up new opportunities for men and women in ministry around the world.
A special website for the online degree is under construction. To learn more about Alliance Graduate School of Counseling programs, click here.
- EMPOWER: Sixth Annual C&MA Certificate Program for Women Kicks Off
- Nyack College "Woman" Students Celebrated at Initiation Ceremony
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- SEPT: 18-20 Stephen Fowler, Deeper Life Series Speaker
- SEPT 18: Interview of Building 429's Jason Roy to Re-air on WNYK 88FM
- Fall 2017 Colloquium Series Hosted by Nyack's Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement
- Nyack College on U.S. News & World Report 2018 #BestColleges List
- SEPT 28: Biblical Archaeology Society and Nyack's Center for The Study of Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins NYC Event
- Free Coney Island Concert Nyack's Damien Sneed with Gospel Great, Shirley Caesar
- Nyack Rockland Dean's Personal 9/11 Reflection
- ATS Dean in Vietnam to Teach First Seminary Graduate Level Course
- UPDATE: ATS/Nyack Campus in Puerto Rico
- Diversity Matters: Race, Ethnicity, & The Future of Christian Higher Education
- Listening Party for ISAIAH VELEZ
- Jesus Week Appreciation Banquet, Sept. 7 @6:30 PM
- Youth Pastors Fellowship at Nyack College NYC
- Dan Bailey Named to the CACC Hall of Fame
- An NCLEX-RN Exam Victory for Class of 2017 Alumnae
- Nyack College - A Borderline Music Festival Sponsor
- Andrew Iwaskow, Nyack Alumnus Named Executive VP at Tailored Brands, Inc.
- In a World of Darkness: Light...and Love
- 2017 Top Online Colleges for Student Economic Mobility
- Rev. G. Palmer Pardington, III (1939-2017) to Be Memorialized
- New Testament City of Bethsaida Unearthed?
- Remembering Dr. Rexford Boda, President Emeritus (1933-2017)
- Browse Blog Archive>>