Nyack on U.S. News & World Report 2016 Best Colleges Diversity List
NYACK, NY--According to the U.S. News & World Report “2016 Best Colleges” ranking of ethnic diversity at regional universities in the north, Nyack College tied with CUNY-City College for second place with a 0.73, 1.0%.being the highest. (Read more here.)
Nearly 3,000 undergraduate and graduate students are taught in classrooms or online. The undergraduate enrollment is more than 1,700 with 37.9% male students and 62.1% female students. The graduate student population is 1,227, with nearly 800 studying at Alliance Theological Seminary (ATS). More than forty states, fifty-three countries, and over 70 denominations are represented in the student population.
In addition to its diverse student population, Nyack’s instructional faculty members are 57% male and 43% female with 19% African American;, 16% Latino; and 10% Asian. Of the administrative faculty, 60% are female; 40% are male; 9% are African American; and 4% are Asian.
Nyack College/ATS also offers diverse environments: a suburban 125-acre residential campus in New York’s Hudson Valley and a city campus in 166,385 square feet on eight floors of a 22-floor modern building in Lower Manhattan’s Battery Park area. The seminary’s extension site holds classes in two floors of a four-story building in scenic San Juan, Puerto Rico, where undergraduate and graduate degree program classes are taught in Spanish.
- March 31: Finalists Compete in the Entrepreneurial Business Venture for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- OPENING MARCH 31: Nyack's Spring Play: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Dr. Fayne Frey, Keynote Speaker at Nyack's Student Research Conference
- CSGE Colloquium Features Dr. Larry Poston
- The Art of Photography With Rebecca Przywara
- Nyack College School of Business Hosts Competition for Local Entrepreneurs
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica Named to Alliance for Higher Education in Prison Founding Board
- New Edition of The Forum Published
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Browse Blog Archive>>