Nyack on U.S. News & World Report 2016 Best Colleges Diversity List
NYACK, NY--According to the U.S. News & World Report “2016 Best Colleges” ranking of ethnic diversity at regional universities in the north, Nyack College tied with CUNY-City College for second place with a 0.73, 1.0%.being the highest. (Read more here.)
Nearly 3,000 undergraduate and graduate students are taught in classrooms or online. The undergraduate enrollment is more than 1,700 with 37.9% male students and 62.1% female students. The graduate student population is 1,227, with nearly 800 studying at Alliance Theological Seminary (ATS). More than forty states, fifty-three countries, and over 70 denominations are represented in the student population.
In addition to its diverse student population, Nyack’s instructional faculty members are 57% male and 43% female with 19% African American;, 16% Latino; and 10% Asian. Of the administrative faculty, 60% are female; 40% are male; 9% are African American; and 4% are Asian.
Nyack College/ATS also offers diverse environments: a suburban 125-acre residential campus in New York’s Hudson Valley and a city campus in 166,385 square feet on eight floors of a 22-floor modern building in Lower Manhattan’s Battery Park area. The seminary’s extension site holds classes in two floors of a four-story building in scenic San Juan, Puerto Rico, where undergraduate and graduate degree program classes are taught in Spanish.
- OCT 23-25: Dave Powers Returns for Spiritual Formation's Prayer Summit 2017
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary Alumni at Metro District Conference "Expectation"
- Movement Day New York City
- Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- NOV 8-9: Nyack Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- NOV 4: Dr. Anna Flores-Locke to Present at American Counseling Association Event
- WNYK's October Alumni Spotlight: Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight
- First 2017-2018 Issue of The Forum is Released
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- Browse Blog Archive>>