Forum on Restorative Justice Features Nyack Professor
Nyack College Director of the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement, Dr. Vilma, “Nina” Balmaceda, will be a guest speaker at a special community forum at The Nyack Center, 58 Depew Ave., in downtown Nyack on Sunday, September 20 at 7:00 p.m.
“A Conversation About Restorative Justice: How Individuals and Communities Can Deal With Violent Crime,” will also include Katie Kitchen, a participant in the Victim Services Program following her father's murder in 1991 and Alan Levin, a Nyack psychotherapist and the discussion facilitator. Emcee for the evening is Eve Ensler, Tony Award winning playwright.
A suggested donation of $10 will benefit Family Connections, Nyack Center’s program for incarcerated families. This support program serves Rockland County families who are separated because of the incarceration of a parent.
Entertainment by the Mayra Casales Trio will follow the discussion.
For more information, contact Jennifer Mancuso at email@example.com or phone The Nyack Center at 845.358.2600.
Click here to learn more about the criminal justice program in the College of Arts & Sciences at Nyack College.
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Alumna Alyssa Cruz Presents on Technology-Infused and Data-Driven Lesson Planning
- #GivingTuesday for Nyack's Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico
- Three Nyack Warriors on 2017 Men's Soccer All-Academic Team
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>