Nyack/ATS Loses a Dear Friend: Dr. Ronald Eastman
Dr. Ronald E. Eastman, Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary's beloved Board of Trustees Chairman Emeritus, passed away on Saturday, August 1 in Fort Myers, Florida. Dr. Eastman devoted three decades of loyal service to Nyack/ATS, as a trustee beginning in 1985, and as the Chairman since 1995. He was named Chairman Emeritus in 2014.
The College and Seminary were the beneficiaries of Dr. Eastman’s distinguished career with the Marriott Corporation, where he began in 1978 as Vice President of Hotel Development. Several promotions followed including his role as Vice President of Real Estate Development, Resort Development, and eventually to Group Vice President.
A transformative gift from Dr. Eastman and his wife, Marilyn, resulted in the birth of Nyack’s Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing, dedicated in 2010, and the launch of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program that fall. More recently, following his heart for the college’s growth and development, Dr. Eastman championed the effort and supported the opportunity to relocate the Nyack/ATS New York City campus to 2 Washington Street in historic Battery Park.
For so selflessly availing the College and Seminary of his time, his talent, and his treasure, Dr. Eastman was inducted into Nyack’s President’s Hall of Distinction in 2008. President Michael G. Scales commented, “It was a proud and humbling moment at Commencement 2008 to present Mr. Eastman with an honorary Doctor of Divinity from Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary, acknowledging his selfless service to us. But the real privilege for me has been that I called him friend and brother.”
Many expressions of love and appreciation for Dr. Eastman are already being received by the College. These will be compiled and shared on the Nyack website in the next few days.
- Summer 2017 Research Grants for Nyack Faculty Announced
- Issachah Savage Conducts Masterclass for Nyack Music Students
- Nyack College Helps Keep Rockland Beautiful
- APRIL 23: Nyack's "La Traviata" Performance Will Benefit Ottawa, IL Tornado Victims
- Warriors Men’s Soccer Loses 4-3 to United States Military Academy in Spring Finale
- Nyack Music Faculty/Alumnus ('09) Carlos Cuestas at Watchung Arts Center
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2017 Commencement
- Fishing Club Fundraiser
- Bill Roesch of Impact Paterson Begins Coaching Business Venture Competition Winners
- Nyack Bio Students Present at SEA PHAGES Conference
- High Praise in the Lincoln Center "Sanctuary"
- Winners of the Nyack College 2017 Student Research Conference Announced
- Dean Wanda Velez--a Panelist for Women in Leadership Conference
- Dr. James Danaher, INDIES Book of the Year Awards Finalist
- The Art of Photography With Rebecca Przywara
- Dr. Lawrence Resseler Conducts School of Social Work Seminar
- English Department Welcomes Author Steven Florczyk to the Nyack Rockland Campus
- CSGE Colloquium Features Dr. Larry Poston
- The Music of Dr. Tammy Lum Featured on WWFM.org., the Classical Network
- CSGE Releases Digital Brochure for April 4 Student Research Conference
- Nyack College School of Business Hosts Competition for Local Entrepreneurs
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica Named to Alliance for Higher Education in Prison Founding Board
- New Edition of The Forum Published
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Browse Blog Archive>>