Nyack/ATS Loses a Dear Friend: Dr. Ronald Eastman
Dr. Ronald E. Eastman, Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary's beloved Board of Trustees Chairman Emeritus, passed away on Saturday, August 1 in Fort Myers, Florida. Dr. Eastman devoted three decades of loyal service to Nyack/ATS, as a trustee beginning in 1985, and as the Chairman since 1995. He was named Chairman Emeritus in 2014.
The College and Seminary were the beneficiaries of Dr. Eastman’s distinguished career with the Marriott Corporation, where he began in 1978 as Vice President of Hotel Development. Several promotions followed including his role as Vice President of Real Estate Development, Resort Development, and eventually to Group Vice President.
A transformative gift from Dr. Eastman and his wife, Marilyn, resulted in the birth of Nyack’s Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing, dedicated in 2010, and the launch of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program that fall. More recently, following his heart for the college’s growth and development, Dr. Eastman championed the effort and supported the opportunity to relocate the Nyack/ATS New York City campus to 2 Washington Street in historic Battery Park.
For so selflessly availing the College and Seminary of his time, his talent, and his treasure, Dr. Eastman was inducted into Nyack’s President’s Hall of Distinction in 2008. President Michael G. Scales commented, “It was a proud and humbling moment at Commencement 2008 to present Mr. Eastman with an honorary Doctor of Divinity from Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary, acknowledging his selfless service to us. But the real privilege for me has been that I called him friend and brother.”
Many expressions of love and appreciation for Dr. Eastman are already being received by the College. These will be compiled and shared on the Nyack website in the next few days.
- Nyack College School of Music December Concerts
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Alumna Alyssa Cruz Presents on Technology-Infused and Data-Driven Lesson Planning
- #GivingTuesday for Nyack's Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico
- Three Nyack Warriors on 2017 Men's Soccer All-Academic Team
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico...Firm and Persevering!
- Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Browse Blog Archive>>