Nyack/ATS Loses a Dear Friend: Dr. Ronald Eastman
Dr. Ronald E. Eastman, Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary's beloved Board of Trustees Chairman Emeritus, passed away on Saturday, August 1 in Fort Myers, Florida. Dr. Eastman devoted three decades of loyal service to Nyack/ATS, as a trustee beginning in 1985, and as the Chairman since 1995. He was named Chairman Emeritus in 2014.
The College and Seminary were the beneficiaries of Dr. Eastman’s distinguished career with the Marriott Corporation, where he began in 1978 as Vice President of Hotel Development. Several promotions followed including his role as Vice President of Real Estate Development, Resort Development, and eventually to Group Vice President.
A transformative gift from Dr. Eastman and his wife, Marilyn, resulted in the birth of Nyack’s Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing, dedicated in 2010, and the launch of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program that fall. More recently, following his heart for the college’s growth and development, Dr. Eastman championed the effort and supported the opportunity to relocate the Nyack/ATS New York City campus to 2 Washington Street in historic Battery Park.
For so selflessly availing the College and Seminary of his time, his talent, and his treasure, Dr. Eastman was inducted into Nyack’s President’s Hall of Distinction in 2008. President Michael G. Scales commented, “It was a proud and humbling moment at Commencement 2008 to present Mr. Eastman with an honorary Doctor of Divinity from Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary, acknowledging his selfless service to us. But the real privilege for me has been that I called him friend and brother.”
Many expressions of love and appreciation for Dr. Eastman are already being received by the College. These will be compiled and shared on the Nyack website in the next few days.
- OCT 23-25: Dave Powers Returns for Spiritual Formation's Prayer Summit 2017
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary Alumni at Metro District Conference "Expectation"
- Movement Day New York City
- Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- NOV 8-9: Nyack Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- NOV 4: Dr. Anna Flores-Locke to Present at American Counseling Association Event
- WNYK's October Alumni Spotlight: Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight
- First 2017-2018 Issue of The Forum is Released
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- Browse Blog Archive>>