Nyack/ATS Loses a Dear Friend: Dr. Ronald Eastman
Dr. Ronald E. Eastman, Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary's beloved Board of Trustees Chairman Emeritus, passed away on Saturday, August 1 in Fort Myers, Florida. Dr. Eastman devoted three decades of loyal service to Nyack/ATS, as a trustee beginning in 1985, and as the Chairman since 1995. He was named Chairman Emeritus in 2014.
The College and Seminary were the beneficiaries of Dr. Eastman’s distinguished career with the Marriott Corporation, where he began in 1978 as Vice President of Hotel Development. Several promotions followed including his role as Vice President of Real Estate Development, Resort Development, and eventually to Group Vice President.
A transformative gift from Dr. Eastman and his wife, Marilyn, resulted in the birth of Nyack’s Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing, dedicated in 2010, and the launch of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program that fall. More recently, following his heart for the college’s growth and development, Dr. Eastman championed the effort and supported the opportunity to relocate the Nyack/ATS New York City campus to 2 Washington Street in historic Battery Park.
For so selflessly availing the College and Seminary of his time, his talent, and his treasure, Dr. Eastman was inducted into Nyack’s President’s Hall of Distinction in 2008. President Michael G. Scales commented, “It was a proud and humbling moment at Commencement 2008 to present Mr. Eastman with an honorary Doctor of Divinity from Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary, acknowledging his selfless service to us. But the real privilege for me has been that I called him friend and brother.”
Many expressions of love and appreciation for Dr. Eastman are already being received by the College. These will be compiled and shared on the Nyack website in the next few days.
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann: Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Browse Blog Archive>>