Nyack/ATS Loses a Dear Friend: Dr. Ronald Eastman
Dr. Ronald E. Eastman, Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary's beloved Board of Trustees Chairman Emeritus, passed away on Saturday, August 1 in Fort Myers, Florida. Dr. Eastman devoted three decades of loyal service to Nyack/ATS, as a trustee beginning in 1985, and as the Chairman since 1995. He was named Chairman Emeritus in 2014.
The College and Seminary were the beneficiaries of Dr. Eastman’s distinguished career with the Marriott Corporation, where he began in 1978 as Vice President of Hotel Development. Several promotions followed including his role as Vice President of Real Estate Development, Resort Development, and eventually to Group Vice President.
A transformative gift from Dr. Eastman and his wife, Marilyn, resulted in the birth of Nyack’s Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing, dedicated in 2010, and the launch of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program that fall. More recently, following his heart for the college’s growth and development, Dr. Eastman championed the effort and supported the opportunity to relocate the Nyack/ATS New York City campus to 2 Washington Street in historic Battery Park.
For so selflessly availing the College and Seminary of his time, his talent, and his treasure, Dr. Eastman was inducted into Nyack’s President’s Hall of Distinction in 2008. President Michael G. Scales commented, “It was a proud and humbling moment at Commencement 2008 to present Mr. Eastman with an honorary Doctor of Divinity from Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary, acknowledging his selfless service to us. But the real privilege for me has been that I called him friend and brother.”
Many expressions of love and appreciation for Dr. Eastman are already being received by the College. These will be compiled and shared on the Nyack website in the next few days.
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>