RELEASE: iSucceed at Nyack College
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nyack College Launches “iSucceed”
A New School of Music Initiative for Fall 2015
iPads Will Enhance Creativity, Collaboration, and Innovation
for Music Students and Faculty
NYACK, NY— The Nyack College School of Music will kick off the fall 2015 semester trading textbooks for iPads with the new initiative called iSucceed. All faculty and students in music courses, lessons, and ensembles will use an iPad Air2, 64GB. Music course materials will be loaded with apps specifically designed for education and music. Students will be charged a modest fee per semester for specific apps. Ensemble rehearsals will no longer require distribution of sheet music, which will also be on the iPads.
The new devices with touch ID, which uses the owner's fingerprint as a passcode, is available through the college. At no additional cost, an Apple Care service contract that will cover broken or defective hardware. Not only is this innovative course delivery educating students in the use of technology as a method of teaching and learning, the electronic version of textbooks will represent a cost savings with the bonus of being extremely interactive.
Applications that will be loaded on the iPads are ForScore, for reading and marking up music; Notability, for taking notes; English Phonetic Keyboard (w/ IPA Symbols App), for vocalists; Tenuto, for theory and ear training; Sibelius Essentials 1, for music technology; Note Trainer, for ear training; Symphony Pro, for composing; The Great Composers, for music history; and (How to) Pronounce, for singer’s diction. Students who purchased their iPads through the College will receive an additional year of AppleCare+ coverage, three years of service.
Dean of the Nyack School of Music, Dr. Glenn Koponen says “I believe students will find the electronic version of textbooks fits a broader set of learning styles and enhances and deepens the learning experience. Our goal is to improve the quality of learning at Nyack.”
Dr. Koponen (pictured above) adds, “Success in the future will be largely dependent on one’s ability to use these devices and develop new ways to put them to use. As we prepare students to enter the workforce, it is our desire that School of Music graduates be the best possible candidates in their vocations, prepared in the use of current and future influences and developments in technology.”
The Nyack College Rockland School of Music is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM). Learn more about Nyack’s School of Music.
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Isa Agape: A WNYK Interview and Worship & Praise Night Leader
- Telling the Nyack Story
- Graduation for Fishkill Cohort 905
- Dr. Elaine Chao, Nyack Honorary Degree Recipient, Named to President-elect Trump's Cabinet
- Good Reads in Forum Issue #2
- WNYK Airs Interviews With West Side Story Cast and Crew
- Accreditation for MA in Marriage and Family Therapy at Alliance Graduate School of Counseling
- Thinking of You With a Grateful Heart...
- Preparing for Christmas and Giving Thanks
- Wall Street Journal College Rankings List Puts Nyack Among Top 20 in the U.S. for Campus Environment
- A West Side Story Who's Who
- Nyack Alumna and Author Linda Graf Shares Message on Bitterness
- Final Colloquium in Fall Series Features Film "Inside Man"
- Dr. David Ireland, Nyack Rockland Chapel Speaker
- Nyack Student Stephanie Fisher, a Guest Conductor at Kathleen Battle Event
- School of Music Students Share Joy at Market Street Mission
- Sean Pica of Hudson Link Visits Nyack Students on Rockland Campus
- Career Talk With New York State Trooper at Nyack Rockland
- Nyack Students Among Top Three Presenters at Biology Conference
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Hosts Nyack Scholars Symposium
- Thank You for Voting for Josh and Jackie Blanchard!
- The New Forum--The Voice of Nyack College Students
- Faculty Recital: Dr. Tammy Lum, pianist
- HYMNFEST - An Evening of Timeless Praise
- Browse Blog Archive>>