RELEASE: iSucceed at Nyack College
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nyack College Launches “iSucceed”
A New School of Music Initiative for Fall 2015
iPads Will Enhance Creativity, Collaboration, and Innovation
for Music Students and Faculty
NYACK, NY— The Nyack College School of Music will kick off the fall 2015 semester trading textbooks for iPads with the new initiative called iSucceed. All faculty and students in music courses, lessons, and ensembles will use an iPad Air2, 64GB. Music course materials will be loaded with apps specifically designed for education and music. Students will be charged a modest fee per semester for specific apps. Ensemble rehearsals will no longer require distribution of sheet music, which will also be on the iPads.
The new devices with touch ID, which uses the owner's fingerprint as a passcode, is available through the college. At no additional cost, an Apple Care service contract that will cover broken or defective hardware. Not only is this innovative course delivery educating students in the use of technology as a method of teaching and learning, the electronic version of textbooks will represent a cost savings with the bonus of being extremely interactive.
Applications that will be loaded on the iPads are ForScore, for reading and marking up music; Notability, for taking notes; English Phonetic Keyboard (w/ IPA Symbols App), for vocalists; Tenuto, for theory and ear training; Sibelius Essentials 1, for music technology; Note Trainer, for ear training; Symphony Pro, for composing; The Great Composers, for music history; and (How to) Pronounce, for singer’s diction. Students who purchased their iPads through the College will receive an additional year of AppleCare+ coverage, three years of service.
Dean of the Nyack School of Music, Dr. Glenn Koponen says “I believe students will find the electronic version of textbooks fits a broader set of learning styles and enhances and deepens the learning experience. Our goal is to improve the quality of learning at Nyack.”
Dr. Koponen (pictured above) adds, “Success in the future will be largely dependent on one’s ability to use these devices and develop new ways to put them to use. As we prepare students to enter the workforce, it is our desire that School of Music graduates be the best possible candidates in their vocations, prepared in the use of current and future influences and developments in technology.”
The Nyack College Rockland School of Music is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM). Learn more about Nyack’s School of Music.
- OCT 24-26: Office of Spiritual Formation Hosts Prayer Summit with Dave Powers
- OCT 26: Fall Colloquium at Nyack Rockland on Civic Engagement
- NOV 2-3: Eighth Annual Nyack Scholars Symposium
- Education Conference at Alliance Theological Seminary with Dr. Eric Mazur
- Barb Shiffer: Well Done, Good and Faithful Servant!
- Get Tickets for Nyack's Production of West Side Story!
- Cast Your Vote for Josh and Jaclyn Blanchard!
- Remembering Tryphena Ramcharitar
- Every Day A Gift Concert, Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Service of Remembrance for Social Work Major Utopia Campbell
- ATS Alumna Karen Goff is VP at Agnes Scott College
- Alumna Rynae Rasley Joins U.S. Air Force Academy Coaching Staff
- Qian Ye, Nyack Alumna Featured in Global Mural Conference
- Celebrating the Service of a Pioneer: Drusila Nieves
- Listen Up! Nyack's WNYK 88.7FM
- 2016 CCCU Diversity Conference
- Coming to Nyack: A Science & Technology Entry Program (STEP) for Youth
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Browse Blog Archive>>