RELEASE: iSucceed at Nyack College
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nyack College Launches “iSucceed”
A New School of Music Initiative for Fall 2015
iPads Will Enhance Creativity, Collaboration, and Innovation
for Music Students and Faculty
NYACK, NY— The Nyack College School of Music will kick off the fall 2015 semester trading textbooks for iPads with the new initiative called iSucceed. All faculty and students in music courses, lessons, and ensembles will use an iPad Air2, 64GB. Music course materials will be loaded with apps specifically designed for education and music. Students will be charged a modest fee per semester for specific apps. Ensemble rehearsals will no longer require distribution of sheet music, which will also be on the iPads.
The new devices with touch ID, which uses the owner's fingerprint as a passcode, is available through the college. At no additional cost, an Apple Care service contract that will cover broken or defective hardware. Not only is this innovative course delivery educating students in the use of technology as a method of teaching and learning, the electronic version of textbooks will represent a cost savings with the bonus of being extremely interactive.
Applications that will be loaded on the iPads are ForScore, for reading and marking up music; Notability, for taking notes; English Phonetic Keyboard (w/ IPA Symbols App), for vocalists; Tenuto, for theory and ear training; Sibelius Essentials 1, for music technology; Note Trainer, for ear training; Symphony Pro, for composing; The Great Composers, for music history; and (How to) Pronounce, for singer’s diction. Students who purchased their iPads through the College will receive an additional year of AppleCare+ coverage, three years of service.
Dean of the Nyack School of Music, Dr. Glenn Koponen says “I believe students will find the electronic version of textbooks fits a broader set of learning styles and enhances and deepens the learning experience. Our goal is to improve the quality of learning at Nyack.”
Dr. Koponen (pictured above) adds, “Success in the future will be largely dependent on one’s ability to use these devices and develop new ways to put them to use. As we prepare students to enter the workforce, it is our desire that School of Music graduates be the best possible candidates in their vocations, prepared in the use of current and future influences and developments in technology.”
The Nyack College Rockland School of Music is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM). Learn more about Nyack’s School of Music.
- Nyack College Helps Keep Rockland Beautiful
- APRIL 23: Nyack's "La Traviata" Performance Will Benefit Ottawa, IL Tornado Victims
- Warriors Men’s Soccer Loses 4-3 to United States Military Academy in Spring Finale
- Nyack Music Faculty/Alumnus ('09) Carlos Cuestas at Watchung Arts Center
- Issachah Savage Conducts Masterclass for Nyack Music Students
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2017 Commencement
- Fishing Club Fundraiser
- Bill Roesch of Impact Paterson Begins Coaching Business Venture Competition Winners
- Nyack Bio Students Present at SEA PHAGES Conference
- High Praise in the Lincoln Center "Sanctuary"
- Winners of the Nyack College 2017 Student Research Conference Announced
- Dean Wanda Velez--a Panelist for Women in Leadership Conference
- Dr. James Danaher, INDIES Book of the Year Awards Finalist
- The Art of Photography With Rebecca Przywara
- Dr. Lawrence Resseler Conducts School of Social Work Seminar
- English Department Welcomes Author Steven Florczyk to the Nyack Rockland Campus
- CSGE Colloquium Features Dr. Larry Poston
- The Music of Dr. Tammy Lum Featured on WWFM.org., the Classical Network
- CSGE Releases Digital Brochure for April 4 Student Research Conference
- Nyack College School of Business Hosts Competition for Local Entrepreneurs
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica Named to Alliance for Higher Education in Prison Founding Board
- New Edition of The Forum Published
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Browse Blog Archive>>