RELEASE: iSucceed at Nyack College
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nyack College Launches “iSucceed”
A New School of Music Initiative for Fall 2015
iPads Will Enhance Creativity, Collaboration, and Innovation
for Music Students and Faculty
NYACK, NY— The Nyack College School of Music will kick off the fall 2015 semester trading textbooks for iPads with the new initiative called iSucceed. All faculty and students in music courses, lessons, and ensembles will use an iPad Air2, 64GB. Music course materials will be loaded with apps specifically designed for education and music. Students will be charged a modest fee per semester for specific apps. Ensemble rehearsals will no longer require distribution of sheet music, which will also be on the iPads.
The new devices with touch ID, which uses the owner's fingerprint as a passcode, is available through the college. At no additional cost, an Apple Care service contract that will cover broken or defective hardware. Not only is this innovative course delivery educating students in the use of technology as a method of teaching and learning, the electronic version of textbooks will represent a cost savings with the bonus of being extremely interactive.
Applications that will be loaded on the iPads are ForScore, for reading and marking up music; Notability, for taking notes; English Phonetic Keyboard (w/ IPA Symbols App), for vocalists; Tenuto, for theory and ear training; Sibelius Essentials 1, for music technology; Note Trainer, for ear training; Symphony Pro, for composing; The Great Composers, for music history; and (How to) Pronounce, for singer’s diction. Students who purchased their iPads through the College will receive an additional year of AppleCare+ coverage, three years of service.
Dean of the Nyack School of Music, Dr. Glenn Koponen says “I believe students will find the electronic version of textbooks fits a broader set of learning styles and enhances and deepens the learning experience. Our goal is to improve the quality of learning at Nyack.”
Dr. Koponen (pictured above) adds, “Success in the future will be largely dependent on one’s ability to use these devices and develop new ways to put them to use. As we prepare students to enter the workforce, it is our desire that School of Music graduates be the best possible candidates in their vocations, prepared in the use of current and future influences and developments in technology.”
The Nyack College Rockland School of Music is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM). Learn more about Nyack’s School of Music.
- Nyack College School of Music December Concerts
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Alumna Alyssa Cruz Presents on Technology-Infused and Data-Driven Lesson Planning
- #GivingTuesday for Nyack's Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico
- Three Nyack Warriors on 2017 Men's Soccer All-Academic Team
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico...Firm and Persevering!
- Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Browse Blog Archive>>