RELEASE: Chronicle of Higher Ed Names Nyack a "2015 Great College to Work For"
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 20, 2015
Five Consecutive Years
Nyack College Is Named “A Great College to Work For”
by The Chronicle of Higher Education
Surveyed Employees Give Nyack “Two Thumbs Up”
NYACK, NY—The nation’s leading higher education periodical, The Chronicle of Higher Education, has named Nyack College a “Great College to Work For” for the fifth consecutive year. The College received high marks in the areas of work/life balance, respect and appreciation, compensation and benefits, and diversity.
The Year End Faculty and Staff Luncheon is a signature campus event that best reflects Nyack’s celebration of its employees each May. In addition to service awards for 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 or more years of employment, faculty and staff are celebrated with special recognition such Online Educator of the Year, Student Development Professional of the Year, Athletic Coach of the Year, Enrollment Services Associate of the Year, Faculty Award for Support of Information Literacy and Critical Thinking, and the Commitment to Mission Awards--to one faculty and one staff member.
Doctor of Ministry Dissertation Coordinator and Professor of Bible Dr. Frank Chan received the 2015 faculty Commitment to Mission Award. Employee love and loyalty for Nyack are perfectly summed up in Dr. Chan’s words. “When I got the invitation to teach at Nyack, it was like being asked to play for the Yankees--it was my ‘home team.’ The Commitment to Mission Award is a wonderful affirmation that I belong here.”
The Great Colleges program is one of the largest and most respected workplace recognition initiatives in our nation that showcases colleges for specific best practices and policies. Read more here.
For more information about Nyack College, visit www.nyack.edu.
Nyack College was founded in 1882 by Dr. Albert Benjamin Simpson and currently serves nearly 3,000 students in its undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degree programs. In addition to its suburban campus in Nyack, NY and a city campus in Manhattan’s historic Battery Park, an extension site is located in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Nyack is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and is chartered by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York.
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Browse Blog Archive>>