RELEASE: Chronicle of Higher Ed Names Nyack a "2015 Great College to Work For"
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 20, 2015
Five Consecutive Years
Nyack College Is Named “A Great College to Work For”
by The Chronicle of Higher Education
Surveyed Employees Give Nyack “Two Thumbs Up”
NYACK, NY—The nation’s leading higher education periodical, The Chronicle of Higher Education, has named Nyack College a “Great College to Work For” for the fifth consecutive year. The College received high marks in the areas of work/life balance, respect and appreciation, compensation and benefits, and diversity.
The Year End Faculty and Staff Luncheon is a signature campus event that best reflects Nyack’s celebration of its employees each May. In addition to service awards for 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 or more years of employment, faculty and staff are celebrated with special recognition such Online Educator of the Year, Student Development Professional of the Year, Athletic Coach of the Year, Enrollment Services Associate of the Year, Faculty Award for Support of Information Literacy and Critical Thinking, and the Commitment to Mission Awards--to one faculty and one staff member.
Doctor of Ministry Dissertation Coordinator and Professor of Bible Dr. Frank Chan received the 2015 faculty Commitment to Mission Award. Employee love and loyalty for Nyack are perfectly summed up in Dr. Chan’s words. “When I got the invitation to teach at Nyack, it was like being asked to play for the Yankees--it was my ‘home team.’ The Commitment to Mission Award is a wonderful affirmation that I belong here.”
The Great Colleges program is one of the largest and most respected workplace recognition initiatives in our nation that showcases colleges for specific best practices and policies. Read more here.
For more information about Nyack College, visit www.nyack.edu.
Nyack College was founded in 1882 by Dr. Albert Benjamin Simpson and currently serves nearly 3,000 students in its undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degree programs. In addition to its suburban campus in Nyack, NY and a city campus in Manhattan’s historic Battery Park, an extension site is located in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Nyack is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and is chartered by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York.
- Nyack College Helps Keep Rockland Beautiful
- APRIL 23: Nyack's "La Traviata" Performance Will Benefit Ottawa, IL Tornado Victims
- Warriors Men’s Soccer Loses 4-3 to United States Military Academy in Spring Finale
- Nyack Music Faculty/Alumnus ('09) Carlos Cuestas at Watchung Arts Center
- Issachah Savage Conducts Masterclass for Nyack Music Students
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2017 Commencement
- Fishing Club Fundraiser
- Bill Roesch of Impact Paterson Begins Coaching Business Venture Competition Winners
- Nyack Bio Students Present at SEA PHAGES Conference
- High Praise in the Lincoln Center "Sanctuary"
- Winners of the Nyack College 2017 Student Research Conference Announced
- Dean Wanda Velez--a Panelist for Women in Leadership Conference
- Dr. James Danaher, INDIES Book of the Year Awards Finalist
- The Art of Photography With Rebecca Przywara
- Dr. Lawrence Resseler Conducts School of Social Work Seminar
- English Department Welcomes Author Steven Florczyk to the Nyack Rockland Campus
- CSGE Colloquium Features Dr. Larry Poston
- The Music of Dr. Tammy Lum Featured on WWFM.org., the Classical Network
- CSGE Releases Digital Brochure for April 4 Student Research Conference
- Nyack College School of Business Hosts Competition for Local Entrepreneurs
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica Named to Alliance for Higher Education in Prison Founding Board
- New Edition of The Forum Published
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Browse Blog Archive>>