Women Warrior Teams Honored for Sportsmanship...the Ninth Straight Year
Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) Commissioner Dan Mara announced the recipients of the 2014-2015 CACC Institutional Sportsmanship Awards. Of the 14 CACC member institutions, Nyack College was honored with this year’s Women’s Institutional Sportsmanship Award—for the ninth consecutive time, since it was first presented during the 2006-2007 campaign.
The head coaches of each conference-sponsored sport vote annually. For the 2014-15 academic year, the Warriors received the CACC Team Sportsmanship Award for volleyball during the fall and women's lacrosse during the spring.
“We are honored to again receive the CACC Sportsmanship Award, and are very proud of our student-athletes for displaying the high character and sportsmanship that makes competing at the Division II level enjoyable,” says Assistant Athletic Director, Mandy Aikens (above).
The award recipients were identified by the total number of sportsmanship votes the institution received over the course of the academic year divided by the total number of sports sponsored. The University of the Sciences captured the Men's Sportsmanship honor.
Aikens adds, “Our student-athletes embody our institution's core values and demonstrate those characteristics on the playing field and in the classroom. We are thankful that they represent Nyack's commitment to a high standard of character and servant leadership.”
- New Edition of The Forum Published
- March 29: The Amasi Trio in Concert
- OPENING MARCH 31: Nyack's Spring Play: The Importance of Being Earnest
- MARCH 31: Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- Browse Blog Archive>>