Women Warrior Teams Honored for Sportsmanship...the Ninth Straight Year
Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) Commissioner Dan Mara announced the recipients of the 2014-2015 CACC Institutional Sportsmanship Awards. Of the 14 CACC member institutions, Nyack College was honored with this year’s Women’s Institutional Sportsmanship Award—for the ninth consecutive time, since it was first presented during the 2006-2007 campaign.
The head coaches of each conference-sponsored sport vote annually. For the 2014-15 academic year, the Warriors received the CACC Team Sportsmanship Award for volleyball during the fall and women's lacrosse during the spring.
“We are honored to again receive the CACC Sportsmanship Award, and are very proud of our student-athletes for displaying the high character and sportsmanship that makes competing at the Division II level enjoyable,” says Assistant Athletic Director, Mandy Aikens (above).
The award recipients were identified by the total number of sportsmanship votes the institution received over the course of the academic year divided by the total number of sports sponsored. The University of the Sciences captured the Men's Sportsmanship honor.
Aikens adds, “Our student-athletes embody our institution's core values and demonstrate those characteristics on the playing field and in the classroom. We are thankful that they represent Nyack's commitment to a high standard of character and servant leadership.”
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann: Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Browse Blog Archive>>