Women Warrior Teams Honored for Sportsmanship...the Ninth Straight Year
Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) Commissioner Dan Mara announced the recipients of the 2014-2015 CACC Institutional Sportsmanship Awards. Of the 14 CACC member institutions, Nyack College was honored with this year’s Women’s Institutional Sportsmanship Award—for the ninth consecutive time, since it was first presented during the 2006-2007 campaign.
The head coaches of each conference-sponsored sport vote annually. For the 2014-15 academic year, the Warriors received the CACC Team Sportsmanship Award for volleyball during the fall and women's lacrosse during the spring.
“We are honored to again receive the CACC Sportsmanship Award, and are very proud of our student-athletes for displaying the high character and sportsmanship that makes competing at the Division II level enjoyable,” says Assistant Athletic Director, Mandy Aikens (above).
The award recipients were identified by the total number of sportsmanship votes the institution received over the course of the academic year divided by the total number of sports sponsored. The University of the Sciences captured the Men's Sportsmanship honor.
Aikens adds, “Our student-athletes embody our institution's core values and demonstrate those characteristics on the playing field and in the classroom. We are thankful that they represent Nyack's commitment to a high standard of character and servant leadership.”
- TODAY: Fall Colloquium at Nyack Rockland on Civic Engagement
- OCT 24-26: PRAYER SUMMIT with Dave Powers Hosted by Office of Spiritual Formation
- NOV 2-3: Eighth Annual Nyack Scholars Symposium
- Education Conference at Alliance Theological Seminary with Dr. Eric Mazur
- Barb Shiffer: Well Done, Good and Faithful Servant!
- Get Tickets for Nyack's Production of West Side Story!
- Cast Your Vote for Josh and Jaclyn Blanchard!
- Remembering Tryphena Ramcharitar
- Every Day A Gift Concert, Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Service of Remembrance for Social Work Major Utopia Campbell
- ATS Alumna Karen Goff is VP at Agnes Scott College
- Alumna Rynae Rasley Joins U.S. Air Force Academy Coaching Staff
- Qian Ye, Nyack Alumna Featured in Global Mural Conference
- Celebrating the Service of a Pioneer: Drusila Nieves
- Listen Up! Nyack's WNYK 88.7FM
- 2016 CCCU Diversity Conference
- Coming to Nyack: A Science & Technology Entry Program (STEP) for Youth
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Browse Blog Archive>>