Women Warrior Teams Honored for Sportsmanship...the Ninth Straight Year
Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) Commissioner Dan Mara announced the recipients of the 2014-2015 CACC Institutional Sportsmanship Awards. Of the 14 CACC member institutions, Nyack College was honored with this year’s Women’s Institutional Sportsmanship Award—for the ninth consecutive time, since it was first presented during the 2006-2007 campaign.
The head coaches of each conference-sponsored sport vote annually. For the 2014-15 academic year, the Warriors received the CACC Team Sportsmanship Award for volleyball during the fall and women's lacrosse during the spring.
“We are honored to again receive the CACC Sportsmanship Award, and are very proud of our student-athletes for displaying the high character and sportsmanship that makes competing at the Division II level enjoyable,” says Assistant Athletic Director, Mandy Aikens (above).
The award recipients were identified by the total number of sportsmanship votes the institution received over the course of the academic year divided by the total number of sports sponsored. The University of the Sciences captured the Men's Sportsmanship honor.
Aikens adds, “Our student-athletes embody our institution's core values and demonstrate those characteristics on the playing field and in the classroom. We are thankful that they represent Nyack's commitment to a high standard of character and servant leadership.”
- SEPT 28: Nyack's WNYK 88.7FM Launch Party
- Every Day A Gift Concert: Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Classic Luncheon Speaker
- 15 Years Later...We Still Remember
- Go Fish...Again!
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary to Be Highlighted on "Pursuing God" Broadcast
- Register for the Nyack Leadership Speaker Series Lecture With Peter Irvine
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Alumni Jazz Musicians RSVP ASAP For This Homecoming Gig
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Browse Blog Archive>>