Fall 2015 Launch for School of Social Work's New MSW Program at Nyack
The Nyack College School of Social Work will launch its Master of Social Work (MSW) degree program with two concentrations—Clinical Social Work Practice and Leadership in Organizations and Communities this coming fall under the leadership of its director, Dr. Mayra Lopez-Humphreys (pictured above). The new program was approved last month by the New York State Education Department.
Says Dr. Lopez-Humphreys, "As the first Christian MSW graduate program in New York City, it is our vision that the work being done within our MSW program--whether in the classroom, through scholarship, or in service to the community--our faculty, staff and students will seek to create a better world through the vocation of social work. In doing so, we respond to and reflect the call to love our neighbors and become an “extraordinary force” that extends compassion and justice in the world."
Nyack's Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) degree program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) and the process is underway for the master’s degree program.
Nyack’s 63-credit program is the first MSW offered by a Christian college in New York City. A one-year advanced standing option is available for students who enter with a Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) from a CSWE-accredited program within seven years of graduation and who meet admissions requirements.
Review the requirements, the curriculum, the student handbook and more information here.
- TONIGHT IN ROCKLAND: Nyack's WNYK 88.7FM Launch Party
- 2016 CCCU Diversity Conference
- Coming to Nyack: A Science & Technology Entry Program (STEP) for Youth
- Every Day A Gift Concert: Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Classic Luncheon Speaker
- 15 Years Later...We Still Remember
- Go Fish...Again!
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary to Be Highlighted on "Pursuing God" Broadcast
- Register for the Nyack Leadership Speaker Series Lecture With Peter Irvine
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Alumni Jazz Musicians RSVP ASAP For This Homecoming Gig
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- Browse Blog Archive>>