Fall 2015 Launch for School of Social Work's New MSW Program at Nyack
The Nyack College School of Social Work will launch its Master of Social Work (MSW) degree program with two concentrations—Clinical Social Work Practice and Leadership in Organizations and Communities this coming fall under the leadership of its director, Dr. Mayra Lopez-Humphreys (pictured above). The new program was approved last month by the New York State Education Department.
Says Dr. Lopez-Humphreys, "As the first Christian MSW graduate program in New York City, it is our vision that the work being done within our MSW program--whether in the classroom, through scholarship, or in service to the community--our faculty, staff and students will seek to create a better world through the vocation of social work. In doing so, we respond to and reflect the call to love our neighbors and become an “extraordinary force” that extends compassion and justice in the world."
Nyack's Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) degree program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) and the process is underway for the master’s degree program.
Nyack’s 63-credit program is the first MSW offered by a Christian college in New York City. A one-year advanced standing option is available for students who enter with a Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) from a CSWE-accredited program within seven years of graduation and who meet admissions requirements.
Review the requirements, the curriculum, the student handbook and more information here.
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>