Fall 2015 Launch for School of Social Work's New MSW Program at Nyack
The Nyack College School of Social Work will launch its Master of Social Work (MSW) degree program with two concentrations—Clinical Social Work Practice and Leadership in Organizations and Communities this coming fall under the leadership of its director, Dr. Mayra Lopez-Humphreys (pictured above). The new program was approved last month by the New York State Education Department.
Says Dr. Lopez-Humphreys, "As the first Christian MSW graduate program in New York City, it is our vision that the work being done within our MSW program--whether in the classroom, through scholarship, or in service to the community--our faculty, staff and students will seek to create a better world through the vocation of social work. In doing so, we respond to and reflect the call to love our neighbors and become an “extraordinary force” that extends compassion and justice in the world."
Nyack's Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) degree program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) and the process is underway for the master’s degree program.
Nyack’s 63-credit program is the first MSW offered by a Christian college in New York City. A one-year advanced standing option is available for students who enter with a Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) from a CSWE-accredited program within seven years of graduation and who meet admissions requirements.
Review the requirements, the curriculum, the student handbook and more information here.
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- Browse Blog Archive>>