Nursing School Students Volunteer at Walter Hoving Home
Summer break doesn’t pre-empt serving for Nyack College students. In fact, you’ll find a growing number of our nursing students volunteering monthly at the Walter Hoving Home in Garrison, New York as a part of their community health experience.
After volunteering at the Home herself, Nursing School Dean Elizabeth Simon, recognized this opportunity as a great learning experience for her students and soon worked on an affiliation agreement. Dr. Simon recently took students (pictured above) Natasha Hines and Melissa Moore with her to provide general examinations for the residents of the Home.
For nearly 50 years the Walter Hoving Home, funded by private tax-deductible donations, has provided shelter, food, a work program, and a course of study that offers life skills in a faith-based environment. Three all-female facilities located in New York, California, and Nevada, help restore lives that were nearly destroyed by substance abuse, prostitution, and other oppressive circumstances. It is named after the major benefactor who helped establish the Home, the former CEO of Tiffany & Company.
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- June 25 Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
- Remembering Robin Luce
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Celebrating Nyack's School of Nursing Graduates
- Class of 2017....You Did It!
- Browse Blog Archive>>