Nursing School Students Volunteer at Walter Hoving Home
Summer break doesn’t pre-empt serving for Nyack College students. In fact, you’ll find a growing number of our nursing students volunteering monthly at the Walter Hoving Home in Garrison, New York as a part of their community health experience.
After volunteering at the Home herself, Nursing School Dean Elizabeth Simon, recognized this opportunity as a great learning experience for her students and soon worked on an affiliation agreement. Dr. Simon recently took students (pictured above) Natasha Hines and Melissa Moore with her to provide general examinations for the residents of the Home.
For nearly 50 years the Walter Hoving Home, funded by private tax-deductible donations, has provided shelter, food, a work program, and a course of study that offers life skills in a faith-based environment. Three all-female facilities located in New York, California, and Nevada, help restore lives that were nearly destroyed by substance abuse, prostitution, and other oppressive circumstances. It is named after the major benefactor who helped establish the Home, the former CEO of Tiffany & Company.
- In a World of Darkness: Light...and Love
- 2017 Top Online Colleges for Student Economic Mobility
- Rev. G. Palmer Pardington, III (1939-2017) to Be Memorialized
- New Testament City of Bethsaida Unearthed?
- Remembering Dr. Rexford Boda, President Emeritus (1933-2017)
- Dr. Marie White Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- RELEASE: Nyack College Opts In to the NYS Enhanced Tuition Award
- El-Araj Excavation Update and Photo Gallery
- Summertime Prayer
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, "Mutual by Design" Conference Speaker
- Lauren Lebo, Lacrosse Head Coach
- SAVE THE DATES! September 29 & 30: Borderline Music Festival
- From Dr. Steve Notley in Israel: AJCO Dig Discovery!
- AGSC's Marriage & Family Therapy Ranked #4 Among Top 25 Counseling Programs in the Northeast
- Nyack Basketball Alumni Compete at IBall National Pro Combine
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- Celebrating the Life of ATS Alumna Aliceteen Taylor
- Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Browse Blog Archive>>