Lauren Lebo, NCAA Division II Lacrosse Champ
Nyack College women's lacrosse midfielder Lauren Lebo has been named the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division II statistical champion in women's lacrosse for most draw controls per game in the final statistics for the 2015 season. (The draw control stat is used to measure the ability of a team to control the start or restart of play.) Lebo averaged 7.24 draw controls per game with an overall tally of 123 in 17 games.
Lauren is Nyack's first statistical champion in lacrosse since the sport’s inaugural season launched in 2013. During Lebo's exceptional junior year, she was credited with a game high of 24 draw controls against Chowan University while also notching a season best nine goals to lead the Warriors to their first victory on the 2015 campaign (23-14).
As a team, Nyack holds a fifth place ranking in the nation with 15.53 draw controls per game. Lebo led the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) Top 10 in categories of goals, assists, points, and shots; and is ranked in the nation 43rd for goals (50.0) and 48th for goals per game (2.94).
A two-time second team All-CACC selection, Lebo scored 50 goals and led Nyack with 14 assists this past season. She was a three-year starter and has finished her career to date with 147 goals, 19 assists, 103 ground balls, 316 draw controls and 42 caused turnovers.
Lebo is pursuing a bachelor’s degree in nursing as she enters her final season at Nyack.
- Jan 30-Feb 1: Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann: Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- Browse Blog Archive>>