Lauren Lebo, NCAA Division II Lacrosse Champ
Nyack College women's lacrosse midfielder Lauren Lebo has been named the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division II statistical champion in women's lacrosse for most draw controls per game in the final statistics for the 2015 season. (The draw control stat is used to measure the ability of a team to control the start or restart of play.) Lebo averaged 7.24 draw controls per game with an overall tally of 123 in 17 games.
Lauren is Nyack's first statistical champion in lacrosse since the sport’s inaugural season launched in 2013. During Lebo's exceptional junior year, she was credited with a game high of 24 draw controls against Chowan University while also notching a season best nine goals to lead the Warriors to their first victory on the 2015 campaign (23-14).
As a team, Nyack holds a fifth place ranking in the nation with 15.53 draw controls per game. Lebo led the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) Top 10 in categories of goals, assists, points, and shots; and is ranked in the nation 43rd for goals (50.0) and 48th for goals per game (2.94).
A two-time second team All-CACC selection, Lebo scored 50 goals and led Nyack with 14 assists this past season. She was a three-year starter and has finished her career to date with 147 goals, 19 assists, 103 ground balls, 316 draw controls and 42 caused turnovers.
Lebo is pursuing a bachelor’s degree in nursing as she enters her final season at Nyack.
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- Browse Blog Archive>>