Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
The J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board and the United States Department of State recently announced that Dr. Elizabeth Simon, dean of the Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing at Nyack College was selected for a prestigious Fulbright Scholar grant to lecture at the College of Nursing, Choithram Medical Centre and Christian Medical College and Hospital during the 2015-2016 academic year. According to a U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs press release, Dr. Simon will lecture on “critical care nursing topics to graduate students and adult health nursing courses to undergraduate students.”
Dr. Simon is one of more than 400 U.S. faculty and professionals who will participate in the Fulbright Specialists Program, which complements the traditional Fulbright Scholar Program and gives individuals an opportunity to support curricular and faculty development and institutional planning at post-secondary academic institutions around the world.
With earned degrees from Walden University (Ph.D.), Hunter College (MS in Adult Health), Teachers College, Columbia University (Ed.M.), School of Nursing, Columbia University (MS in Nursing–Critical Care), Punjab University, Ludhiana, India (BSN), and Kerala University, India (Pre-degree in Science), Dr. Simon is an accomplished academic. She is an author whose most recent book is Critical Care Practice Guide: A Roadmap for New Graduates and Students (Jones & Bartlett). Her articles in peer reviewed journals and periodicals such as Journal of Christian Nursing, Nursing Journal of India, Nurse Educator, Journal of Nursing Education, and Nurses Mission Voice are also among her published works. She is a regular presenter at conferences and conventions sponsored by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, the International Council of Nurses, the Research Congress of Sigma Theta Tau, Honor Society of Nursing, and the National Association of Indian Nurses of America.
The tireless efforts of Dean Simon and her nursing faculty and staff resulted in Nyack’s School of Nursing being granted final accreditation by the Board of Commissioners of the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) in October 2013. In addition, because of her established relationship with Columbia Asia Yeshwanthpur Hospital in India, a comprehensive care facility known for its multiple specialties, Dr. Simon has spearheaded trips for Nyack students to take their nursing clinicals.
On receiving the Fulbright grant, Dr. Simon commented, “I absolutely marvel at God's favor. I consider this honor a commendation from God for being here at Nyack College, the place He wanted me to be.”
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Save the DAte for Nyack's School of Music Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Browse Blog Archive>>