Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
The J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board and the United States Department of State recently announced that Dr. Elizabeth Simon, dean of the Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing at Nyack College was selected for a prestigious Fulbright Scholar grant to lecture at the College of Nursing, Choithram Medical Centre and Christian Medical College and Hospital during the 2015-2016 academic year. According to a U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs press release, Dr. Simon will lecture on “critical care nursing topics to graduate students and adult health nursing courses to undergraduate students.”
Dr. Simon is one of more than 400 U.S. faculty and professionals who will participate in the Fulbright Specialists Program, which complements the traditional Fulbright Scholar Program and gives individuals an opportunity to support curricular and faculty development and institutional planning at post-secondary academic institutions around the world.
With earned degrees from Walden University (Ph.D.), Hunter College (MS in Adult Health), Teachers College, Columbia University (Ed.M.), School of Nursing, Columbia University (MS in Nursing–Critical Care), Punjab University, Ludhiana, India (BSN), and Kerala University, India (Pre-degree in Science), Dr. Simon is an accomplished academic. She is an author whose most recent book is Critical Care Practice Guide: A Roadmap for New Graduates and Students (Jones & Bartlett). Her articles in peer reviewed journals and periodicals such as Journal of Christian Nursing, Nursing Journal of India, Nurse Educator, Journal of Nursing Education, and Nurses Mission Voice are also among her published works. She is a regular presenter at conferences and conventions sponsored by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, the International Council of Nurses, the Research Congress of Sigma Theta Tau, Honor Society of Nursing, and the National Association of Indian Nurses of America.
The tireless efforts of Dean Simon and her nursing faculty and staff resulted in Nyack’s School of Nursing being granted final accreditation by the Board of Commissioners of the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) in October 2013. In addition, because of her established relationship with Columbia Asia Yeshwanthpur Hospital in India, a comprehensive care facility known for its multiple specialties, Dr. Simon has spearheaded trips for Nyack students to take their nursing clinicals.
On receiving the Fulbright grant, Dr. Simon commented, “I absolutely marvel at God's favor. I consider this honor a commendation from God for being here at Nyack College, the place He wanted me to be.”
- SEPT 23-25: Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Every Day A Gift Concert: Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Classic Luncheon Speaker
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- 15 Years Later...We Still Remember
- Go Fish...Again!
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary to Be Highlighted on "Pursuing God" Broadcast
- Register for the Nyack Leadership Speaker Series Lecture With Peter Irvine
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Alumni Jazz Musicians RSVP ASAP For This Homecoming Gig
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Browse Blog Archive>>