Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
The J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board and the United States Department of State recently announced that Dr. Elizabeth Simon, dean of the Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing at Nyack College was selected for a prestigious Fulbright Scholar grant to lecture at the College of Nursing, Choithram Medical Centre and Christian Medical College and Hospital during the 2015-2016 academic year. According to a U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs press release, Dr. Simon will lecture on “critical care nursing topics to graduate students and adult health nursing courses to undergraduate students.”
Dr. Simon is one of more than 400 U.S. faculty and professionals who will participate in the Fulbright Specialists Program, which complements the traditional Fulbright Scholar Program and gives individuals an opportunity to support curricular and faculty development and institutional planning at post-secondary academic institutions around the world.
With earned degrees from Walden University (Ph.D.), Hunter College (MS in Adult Health), Teachers College, Columbia University (Ed.M.), School of Nursing, Columbia University (MS in Nursing–Critical Care), Punjab University, Ludhiana, India (BSN), and Kerala University, India (Pre-degree in Science), Dr. Simon is an accomplished academic. She is an author whose most recent book is Critical Care Practice Guide: A Roadmap for New Graduates and Students (Jones & Bartlett). Her articles in peer reviewed journals and periodicals such as Journal of Christian Nursing, Nursing Journal of India, Nurse Educator, Journal of Nursing Education, and Nurses Mission Voice are also among her published works. She is a regular presenter at conferences and conventions sponsored by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, the International Council of Nurses, the Research Congress of Sigma Theta Tau, Honor Society of Nursing, and the National Association of Indian Nurses of America.
The tireless efforts of Dean Simon and her nursing faculty and staff resulted in Nyack’s School of Nursing being granted final accreditation by the Board of Commissioners of the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) in October 2013. In addition, because of her established relationship with Columbia Asia Yeshwanthpur Hospital in India, a comprehensive care facility known for its multiple specialties, Dr. Simon has spearheaded trips for Nyack students to take their nursing clinicals.
On receiving the Fulbright grant, Dr. Simon commented, “I absolutely marvel at God's favor. I consider this honor a commendation from God for being here at Nyack College, the place He wanted me to be.”
- Remembering Robin Luce
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- MAY 31: Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Celebrating the School of Nursing's "Surviving Six"
- Class of 2017....You Did It!
- The Nyack College Fishing Club's Big Catch
- Non-Profit Awards Dr. Jackie Washington Fellowship for Ecology Project in Costa Rica
- Seventh Year for Woman...Rite of Passage Ceremony
- Meet the 2017-2018 NYC Campus Student Government Officers
- The Forum....Issue #6
- Nyack's Wakefield Wins CACC Conference Golf Championship
- Jonathan Demme, a Nyack Organizational Leadership Guest Speaker
- Nyack Honor Society Students Celebrated
- Browse Blog Archive>>