Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
The J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board and the United States Department of State recently announced that Dr. Elizabeth Simon, dean of the Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing at Nyack College was selected for a prestigious Fulbright Scholar grant to lecture at the College of Nursing, Choithram Medical Centre and Christian Medical College and Hospital during the 2015-2016 academic year. According to a U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs press release, Dr. Simon will lecture on “critical care nursing topics to graduate students and adult health nursing courses to undergraduate students.”
Dr. Simon is one of more than 400 U.S. faculty and professionals who will participate in the Fulbright Specialists Program, which complements the traditional Fulbright Scholar Program and gives individuals an opportunity to support curricular and faculty development and institutional planning at post-secondary academic institutions around the world.
With earned degrees from Walden University (Ph.D.), Hunter College (MS in Adult Health), Teachers College, Columbia University (Ed.M.), School of Nursing, Columbia University (MS in Nursing–Critical Care), Punjab University, Ludhiana, India (BSN), and Kerala University, India (Pre-degree in Science), Dr. Simon is an accomplished academic. She is an author whose most recent book is Critical Care Practice Guide: A Roadmap for New Graduates and Students (Jones & Bartlett). Her articles in peer reviewed journals and periodicals such as Journal of Christian Nursing, Nursing Journal of India, Nurse Educator, Journal of Nursing Education, and Nurses Mission Voice are also among her published works. She is a regular presenter at conferences and conventions sponsored by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, the International Council of Nurses, the Research Congress of Sigma Theta Tau, Honor Society of Nursing, and the National Association of Indian Nurses of America.
The tireless efforts of Dean Simon and her nursing faculty and staff resulted in Nyack’s School of Nursing being granted final accreditation by the Board of Commissioners of the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) in October 2013. In addition, because of her established relationship with Columbia Asia Yeshwanthpur Hospital in India, a comprehensive care facility known for its multiple specialties, Dr. Simon has spearheaded trips for Nyack students to take their nursing clinicals.
On receiving the Fulbright grant, Dr. Simon commented, “I absolutely marvel at God's favor. I consider this honor a commendation from God for being here at Nyack College, the place He wanted me to be.”
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- TODAY: Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>