Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
The J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board and the United States Department of State recently announced that Dr. Elizabeth Simon, dean of the Cheryl Phenicie School of Nursing at Nyack College was selected for a prestigious Fulbright Scholar grant to lecture at the College of Nursing, Choithram Medical Centre and Christian Medical College and Hospital during the 2015-2016 academic year. According to a U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs press release, Dr. Simon will lecture on “critical care nursing topics to graduate students and adult health nursing courses to undergraduate students.”
Dr. Simon is one of more than 400 U.S. faculty and professionals who will participate in the Fulbright Specialists Program, which complements the traditional Fulbright Scholar Program and gives individuals an opportunity to support curricular and faculty development and institutional planning at post-secondary academic institutions around the world.
With earned degrees from Walden University (Ph.D.), Hunter College (MS in Adult Health), Teachers College, Columbia University (Ed.M.), School of Nursing, Columbia University (MS in Nursing–Critical Care), Punjab University, Ludhiana, India (BSN), and Kerala University, India (Pre-degree in Science), Dr. Simon is an accomplished academic. She is an author whose most recent book is Critical Care Practice Guide: A Roadmap for New Graduates and Students (Jones & Bartlett). Her articles in peer reviewed journals and periodicals such as Journal of Christian Nursing, Nursing Journal of India, Nurse Educator, Journal of Nursing Education, and Nurses Mission Voice are also among her published works. She is a regular presenter at conferences and conventions sponsored by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, the International Council of Nurses, the Research Congress of Sigma Theta Tau, Honor Society of Nursing, and the National Association of Indian Nurses of America.
The tireless efforts of Dean Simon and her nursing faculty and staff resulted in Nyack’s School of Nursing being granted final accreditation by the Board of Commissioners of the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) in October 2013. In addition, because of her established relationship with Columbia Asia Yeshwanthpur Hospital in India, a comprehensive care facility known for its multiple specialties, Dr. Simon has spearheaded trips for Nyack students to take their nursing clinicals.
On receiving the Fulbright grant, Dr. Simon commented, “I absolutely marvel at God's favor. I consider this honor a commendation from God for being here at Nyack College, the place He wanted me to be.”
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Alumna Alyssa Cruz Presents on Technology-Infused and Data-Driven Lesson Planning
- #GivingTuesday for Nyack's Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico
- Three Nyack Warriors on 2017 Men's Soccer All-Academic Team
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>