New York City Fish Count
Nyack College Assistant Professor of biology Dr. Peter Park invites you to participate in a unique volunteer opportunity on Saturday, May 30th as the World Science Festival hosts the NYC GREAT FISH COUNT.
What kind of critters inhabit New York's waters? This is your chance to find out. The Great Fish Count takes place at various locations throughout New York's boroughs (as well as in New Jersey and Yonkers)in search of underwater life.
Dr. Park will co-lead a seining session, with the New Jersey Palisades Interstate Commission at the following site:
Location: Englewood Beach (Bloomers Beach)
Date: Saturday, May 30, 2015
Start Time: 11:00 am
End Time: 1:00 pm
The session is free and open to the public. Leaders will use seine net(s) to catch and identify fish species. Seine net pictured above.
Participants/volunteers should prepare accordingly (e.g., wear boots, dress for the weather). Fish identification data will be acquired through the use of a standardized key, and data will be recorded and uploaded in real time to synchronize data collection by other researchers at different sites along the Hudson River.
Interested? Contact Dr. Park at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1-845-675-4552 today.
- SEPT 23-25: Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Every Day A Gift Concert: Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Classic Luncheon Speaker
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- 15 Years Later...We Still Remember
- Go Fish...Again!
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary to Be Highlighted on "Pursuing God" Broadcast
- Register for the Nyack Leadership Speaker Series Lecture With Peter Irvine
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Alumni Jazz Musicians RSVP ASAP For This Homecoming Gig
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Browse Blog Archive>>