New York City Fish Count
Nyack College Assistant Professor of biology Dr. Peter Park invites you to participate in a unique volunteer opportunity on Saturday, May 30th as the World Science Festival hosts the NYC GREAT FISH COUNT.
What kind of critters inhabit New York's waters? This is your chance to find out. The Great Fish Count takes place at various locations throughout New York's boroughs (as well as in New Jersey and Yonkers)in search of underwater life.
Dr. Park will co-lead a seining session, with the New Jersey Palisades Interstate Commission at the following site:
Location: Englewood Beach (Bloomers Beach)
Date: Saturday, May 30, 2015
Start Time: 11:00 am
End Time: 1:00 pm
The session is free and open to the public. Leaders will use seine net(s) to catch and identify fish species. Seine net pictured above.
Participants/volunteers should prepare accordingly (e.g., wear boots, dress for the weather). Fish identification data will be acquired through the use of a standardized key, and data will be recorded and uploaded in real time to synchronize data collection by other researchers at different sites along the Hudson River.
Interested? Contact Dr. Park at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1-845-675-4552 today.
- June 25 Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
- Remembering Robin Luce
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Celebrating Nyack's School of Nursing Graduates
- Class of 2017....You Did It!
- The Nyack College Fishing Club's Big Catch
- Browse Blog Archive>>