New York City Fish Count
Nyack College Assistant Professor of biology Dr. Peter Park invites you to participate in a unique volunteer opportunity on Saturday, May 30th as the World Science Festival hosts the NYC GREAT FISH COUNT.
What kind of critters inhabit New York's waters? This is your chance to find out. The Great Fish Count takes place at various locations throughout New York's boroughs (as well as in New Jersey and Yonkers)in search of underwater life.
Dr. Park will co-lead a seining session, with the New Jersey Palisades Interstate Commission at the following site:
Location: Englewood Beach (Bloomers Beach)
Date: Saturday, May 30, 2015
Start Time: 11:00 am
End Time: 1:00 pm
The session is free and open to the public. Leaders will use seine net(s) to catch and identify fish species. Seine net pictured above.
Participants/volunteers should prepare accordingly (e.g., wear boots, dress for the weather). Fish identification data will be acquired through the use of a standardized key, and data will be recorded and uploaded in real time to synchronize data collection by other researchers at different sites along the Hudson River.
Interested? Contact Dr. Park at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1-845-675-4552 today.
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann: Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Browse Blog Archive>>