Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary celebrated its 2015 commencement by conferring doctoral, master’s, bachelor’s and associate’s degrees upon the College’s 132nd graduating class on Saturday, May 9 at Westchester County Center.
Four hundred and thirty-three undergraduate degrees were conferred by President Michael G. Scales, who presided over the ceremony along with Dr. David Turk, the school’s provost. Joining the undergraduates were 266 recipients of master’s degrees from the College’s graduate programs and seminary as well as 10 recipients of the Doctor of Ministry degree of Alliance Theological Seminary. Another 16 students at our extension site in Puerto Rico received master’s degrees on May 15.
“Every commencement ceremony is a confirmation,” explained President Scales. “For graduates of Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary, what is confirmed is a calling to serve people wherever the need is found. This is the legacy of our founder, Dr. A.B. Simpson.”
Along with degrees granted to Nyack and ATS students, the College conferred three honorary Doctor of Letters degrees. Receiving this honor were Dr. Frances E. Pratt, a champion for civil rights and a former registered nurse at Nyack Hospital and president of the Nyack branch of the NAACP; Datuk Dr. Edward Ong, accomplished builder and property developer, whose projects benefit and employ thousands throughout Southeast Asia; and Dr. Juan Hernandez, author, scholar, political advisor and pioneer in the development of Mexico-U.S. relations. These honorees join 24 other men and women who have been inducted into the Nyack College President’s Hall of Distinction since 2008.
Visit our gallery of Commencement Week photos from our hoodings, baccalaureates, pinning, President's brunch, and graduation ceremony here.
* Homepage photo credit: Maggie Andresen for The Journal News
** Blog post photo credit: Andres Valenzuela
- Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary Alumni at Metro District Conference "Expectation"
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23-25: Dave Powers Returns for Spiritual Formation's Prayer Summit 2017
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- NOV 8-9: Nyack Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- NOV 4: Dr. Anna Flores-Locke to Present at American Counseling Association Event
- WNYK's October Alumni Spotlight: Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight
- First 2017-2018 Issue of The Forum is Released
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- Browse Blog Archive>>