Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary celebrated its 2015 commencement by conferring doctoral, master’s, bachelor’s and associate’s degrees upon the College’s 132nd graduating class on Saturday, May 9 at Westchester County Center.
Four hundred and thirty-three undergraduate degrees were conferred by President Michael G. Scales, who presided over the ceremony along with Dr. David Turk, the school’s provost. Joining the undergraduates were 266 recipients of master’s degrees from the College’s graduate programs and seminary as well as 10 recipients of the Doctor of Ministry degree of Alliance Theological Seminary. Another 16 students at our extension site in Puerto Rico received master’s degrees on May 15.
“Every commencement ceremony is a confirmation,” explained President Scales. “For graduates of Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary, what is confirmed is a calling to serve people wherever the need is found. This is the legacy of our founder, Dr. A.B. Simpson.”
Along with degrees granted to Nyack and ATS students, the College conferred three honorary Doctor of Letters degrees. Receiving this honor were Dr. Frances E. Pratt, a champion for civil rights and a former registered nurse at Nyack Hospital and president of the Nyack branch of the NAACP; Datuk Dr. Edward Ong, accomplished builder and property developer, whose projects benefit and employ thousands throughout Southeast Asia; and Dr. Juan Hernandez, author, scholar, political advisor and pioneer in the development of Mexico-U.S. relations. These honorees join 24 other men and women who have been inducted into the Nyack College President’s Hall of Distinction since 2008.
Visit our gallery of Commencement Week photos from our hoodings, baccalaureates, pinning, President's brunch, and graduation ceremony here.
* Homepage photo credit: Maggie Andresen for The Journal News
** Blog post photo credit: Andres Valenzuela
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- TODAY: Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>