Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary celebrated its 2015 commencement by conferring doctoral, master’s, bachelor’s and associate’s degrees upon the College’s 132nd graduating class on Saturday, May 9 at Westchester County Center.
Four hundred and thirty-three undergraduate degrees were conferred by President Michael G. Scales, who presided over the ceremony along with Dr. David Turk, the school’s provost. Joining the undergraduates were 266 recipients of master’s degrees from the College’s graduate programs and seminary as well as 10 recipients of the Doctor of Ministry degree of Alliance Theological Seminary. Another 16 students at our extension site in Puerto Rico received master’s degrees on May 15.
“Every commencement ceremony is a confirmation,” explained President Scales. “For graduates of Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary, what is confirmed is a calling to serve people wherever the need is found. This is the legacy of our founder, Dr. A.B. Simpson.”
Along with degrees granted to Nyack and ATS students, the College conferred three honorary Doctor of Letters degrees. Receiving this honor were Dr. Frances E. Pratt, a champion for civil rights and a former registered nurse at Nyack Hospital and president of the Nyack branch of the NAACP; Datuk Dr. Edward Ong, accomplished builder and property developer, whose projects benefit and employ thousands throughout Southeast Asia; and Dr. Juan Hernandez, author, scholar, political advisor and pioneer in the development of Mexico-U.S. relations. These honorees join 24 other men and women who have been inducted into the Nyack College President’s Hall of Distinction since 2008.
Visit our gallery of Commencement Week photos from our hoodings, baccalaureates, pinning, President's brunch, and graduation ceremony here.
* Homepage photo credit: Maggie Andresen for The Journal News
** Blog post photo credit: Andres Valenzuela
- AGSC's Marriage & Family Therapy Ranked #4 Among Top 25 Counseling Programs in the Northeast
- Nyack Basketball Alumni Compete at IBall National Pro Combine
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
- Remembering Robin Luce
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Browse Blog Archive>>