Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
A major research paper, “Whole genome comparison of a large collection of mycobacteriophages reveals a continuum of phage genetic diversity,” based on work done in the SEA-PHAGES program was published in eLife, one of the premier science journals. More than 3000 authors (students and faculty) who contributed to various aspects of the project included 25 from Nyack.
As an associate member of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute Science Education Alliance (HHMI-SEA) Nyack College students have participated in the HHMI SEA-PHAGES course for college students, who make real discoveries by doing research on viruses that infect bacteria, known as phage. This involvement offers students ownership of a project, the opportunity to publish, and contribute to the scientific community and the ability to measure progress.
Nyack College contributors to the project included the following faculty and students:
Dr. Jacqueline M. Washington, Dr. Peter J. Park and Nyack students, Lanese Henry, Patrick Abbazia Michelle Ahn, Emily Barner, Lydia Carlin, Darren Chew, Renee Curry, Thressa DaSilva, Bethany DeVault Zachary DeLong, Jake Hackel, Donyelle Harrigan, Matthew Kern, Deborah Kim, Christine Kline, Sarah Mam, Yolanda Morgan, Eddy Santos, Vincent Scuttaro, Jacqueline Simeon, Michael Teti, Vanessa V, Jessica Bryant, and Mitchell Woodford were contributing authors.
To read the article in its entirety, see file attachment.
- New Edition of The Forum Published
- March 29: The Amasi Trio in Concert
- OPENING MARCH 31: Nyack's Spring Play: The Importance of Being Earnest
- MARCH 31: Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- Browse Blog Archive>>