Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
Friday, April 24 at 8:00 p.m. and Sunday, April 26 at 3:00 p.m. enjoy two performances directed by Prof. Shelley Jameson— in Nyack College’s Pardington Hall, 45 South Boulevard on the Rockland County campus. Nyack’s Opera Workshop students have been preparing all year to delight audiences with two-one act operas by Puccini.
School of Music’s Jenn Scott says, "Suor Angelica" (Sister Angelica), the title role played by soprano, Qian Ye, will grab your heartstrings as she longs to be reunited with the son she was forced to give up at infancy. Set in the 1400s at a convent, Suor Angelica is a tale of loss and redemption.”
She describes the second opera as, “the hysterical Gianni Schicchi set in modern times. This is a tale of greed and deceit...a family at war with each other over who will inherit the estate of the deceased Buoso Donati, portrayed flawlessly by Aaron Campbell. The title role is played by Jamal Sarikoki (baritone) and the famous "O Mio Bambino Caro" will be sung by Hannah Miele (soprano).
Admission is free! All are welcome!
- SEPT 23-25: Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Every Day A Gift Concert: Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Classic Luncheon Speaker
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- 15 Years Later...We Still Remember
- Go Fish...Again!
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary to Be Highlighted on "Pursuing God" Broadcast
- Register for the Nyack Leadership Speaker Series Lecture With Peter Irvine
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Alumni Jazz Musicians RSVP ASAP For This Homecoming Gig
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Browse Blog Archive>>