Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
Friday, April 24 at 8:00 p.m. and Sunday, April 26 at 3:00 p.m. enjoy two performances directed by Prof. Shelley Jameson— in Nyack College’s Pardington Hall, 45 South Boulevard on the Rockland County campus. Nyack’s Opera Workshop students have been preparing all year to delight audiences with two-one act operas by Puccini.
School of Music’s Jenn Scott says, "Suor Angelica" (Sister Angelica), the title role played by soprano, Qian Ye, will grab your heartstrings as she longs to be reunited with the son she was forced to give up at infancy. Set in the 1400s at a convent, Suor Angelica is a tale of loss and redemption.”
She describes the second opera as, “the hysterical Gianni Schicchi set in modern times. This is a tale of greed and deceit...a family at war with each other over who will inherit the estate of the deceased Buoso Donati, portrayed flawlessly by Aaron Campbell. The title role is played by Jamal Sarikoki (baritone) and the famous "O Mio Bambino Caro" will be sung by Hannah Miele (soprano).
Admission is free! All are welcome!
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Browse Blog Archive>>