Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
Friday, April 24 at 8:00 p.m. and Sunday, April 26 at 3:00 p.m. enjoy two performances directed by Prof. Shelley Jameson— in Nyack College’s Pardington Hall, 45 South Boulevard on the Rockland County campus. Nyack’s Opera Workshop students have been preparing all year to delight audiences with two-one act operas by Puccini.
School of Music’s Jenn Scott says, "Suor Angelica" (Sister Angelica), the title role played by soprano, Qian Ye, will grab your heartstrings as she longs to be reunited with the son she was forced to give up at infancy. Set in the 1400s at a convent, Suor Angelica is a tale of loss and redemption.”
She describes the second opera as, “the hysterical Gianni Schicchi set in modern times. This is a tale of greed and deceit...a family at war with each other over who will inherit the estate of the deceased Buoso Donati, portrayed flawlessly by Aaron Campbell. The title role is played by Jamal Sarikoki (baritone) and the famous "O Mio Bambino Caro" will be sung by Hannah Miele (soprano).
Admission is free! All are welcome!
- Nyack College Helps Keep Rockland Beautiful
- APRIL 23: Nyack's "La Traviata" Performance Will Benefit Ottawa, IL Tornado Victims
- Warriors Men’s Soccer Loses 4-3 to United States Military Academy in Spring Finale
- Nyack Music Faculty/Alumnus ('09) Carlos Cuestas at Watchung Arts Center
- Issachah Savage Conducts Masterclass for Nyack Music Students
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2017 Commencement
- Fishing Club Fundraiser
- Bill Roesch of Impact Paterson Begins Coaching Business Venture Competition Winners
- Nyack Bio Students Present at SEA PHAGES Conference
- High Praise in the Lincoln Center "Sanctuary"
- Winners of the Nyack College 2017 Student Research Conference Announced
- Dean Wanda Velez--a Panelist for Women in Leadership Conference
- Dr. James Danaher, INDIES Book of the Year Awards Finalist
- The Art of Photography With Rebecca Przywara
- Dr. Lawrence Resseler Conducts School of Social Work Seminar
- English Department Welcomes Author Steven Florczyk to the Nyack Rockland Campus
- CSGE Colloquium Features Dr. Larry Poston
- The Music of Dr. Tammy Lum Featured on WWFM.org., the Classical Network
- CSGE Releases Digital Brochure for April 4 Student Research Conference
- Nyack College School of Business Hosts Competition for Local Entrepreneurs
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica Named to Alliance for Higher Education in Prison Founding Board
- New Edition of The Forum Published
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Browse Blog Archive>>