School of Music in Concert at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center
On Friday, April 17 on the stage of Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center, extraordinarily talented Nyack College students and alumni were front and center in a celebratory concert demonstrating the range and depth of the academic program at Nyack’s School of Music.
How do these students add an evening like this concert to their favorite Nyack memories...and to their resumes? The answer: An accomplished music faculty who themselves are accomplished national and international performing and recording artists.
The program of classical, contemporary, and sacred music showcased the following student and alumni soloists: Jhasoa Agosto, Nathalie Alcime, Chris Anthony, Carolynn Clyne, Nichole Cosentino, Willana Mack, Jamal Sarikoki, Matia Washington, Noël Wippler, Kate Wiswell. These young men and women exemplify the caliber of talent that is honed on Nyack’s Manhattan and Rockland campuses.
Joining the student-alumni on stage were distinguished faculty conductors, musicians, and singers—Prof. Jhasoa Agosto, Prof. Mary Vigil Carey, Prof. Joel Jameson, Prof. Shelley Jameson, Prof. Darryl Jordan, Dr. Chungsun Kim, Dr. Tammy Lum, Prof. Willana Mack, Dr. Elizabeth Swanson, Dr. Dana Talley, and Dr. Sue Talley. Professors Chris Hughes and Jon Werking directed the Jazz Ensemble during intermission. Composer-conductor, Dr. Victoria Bond was a guest conductor as the Chorale performed her specially commissioned work for Nyack College, “Dew, Precious Dew.”
- Every Day A Gift Concert: Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Classic Luncheon Speaker
- 15 Years Later...We Still Remember
- Go Fish...Again!
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary to Be Highlighted on "Pursuing God" Broadcast
- Register for the Nyack Leadership Speaker Series Lecture With Peter Irvine
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Alumni Jazz Musicians RSVP ASAP For This Homecoming Gig
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Browse Blog Archive>>