School of Music in Concert at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center
On Friday, April 17 on the stage of Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center, extraordinarily talented Nyack College students and alumni were front and center in a celebratory concert demonstrating the range and depth of the academic program at Nyack’s School of Music.
How do these students add an evening like this concert to their favorite Nyack memories...and to their resumes? The answer: An accomplished music faculty who themselves are accomplished national and international performing and recording artists.
The program of classical, contemporary, and sacred music showcased the following student and alumni soloists: Jhasoa Agosto, Nathalie Alcime, Chris Anthony, Carolynn Clyne, Nichole Cosentino, Willana Mack, Jamal Sarikoki, Matia Washington, Noël Wippler, Kate Wiswell. These young men and women exemplify the caliber of talent that is honed on Nyack’s Manhattan and Rockland campuses.
Joining the student-alumni on stage were distinguished faculty conductors, musicians, and singers—Prof. Jhasoa Agosto, Prof. Mary Vigil Carey, Prof. Joel Jameson, Prof. Shelley Jameson, Prof. Darryl Jordan, Dr. Chungsun Kim, Dr. Tammy Lum, Prof. Willana Mack, Dr. Elizabeth Swanson, Dr. Dana Talley, and Dr. Sue Talley. Professors Chris Hughes and Jon Werking directed the Jazz Ensemble during intermission. Composer-conductor, Dr. Victoria Bond was a guest conductor as the Chorale performed her specially commissioned work for Nyack College, “Dew, Precious Dew.”
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- SEPT 29: ATS Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Update on Nyack's Seminary Branch in Puerto Rico
- September Alumni Spotlight on WNYK: Pastor Greg Haueter
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Nyack Night at the Borderline Music Festival
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- Browse Blog Archive>>