School of Music in Concert at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center
On Friday, April 17 on the stage of Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center, extraordinarily talented Nyack College students and alumni were front and center in a celebratory concert demonstrating the range and depth of the academic program at Nyack’s School of Music.
How do these students add an evening like this concert to their favorite Nyack memories...and to their resumes? The answer: An accomplished music faculty who themselves are accomplished national and international performing and recording artists.
The program of classical, contemporary, and sacred music showcased the following student and alumni soloists: Jhasoa Agosto, Nathalie Alcime, Chris Anthony, Carolynn Clyne, Nichole Cosentino, Willana Mack, Jamal Sarikoki, Matia Washington, Noël Wippler, Kate Wiswell. These young men and women exemplify the caliber of talent that is honed on Nyack’s Manhattan and Rockland campuses.
Joining the student-alumni on stage were distinguished faculty conductors, musicians, and singers—Prof. Jhasoa Agosto, Prof. Mary Vigil Carey, Prof. Joel Jameson, Prof. Shelley Jameson, Prof. Darryl Jordan, Dr. Chungsun Kim, Dr. Tammy Lum, Prof. Willana Mack, Dr. Elizabeth Swanson, Dr. Dana Talley, and Dr. Sue Talley. Professors Chris Hughes and Jon Werking directed the Jazz Ensemble during intermission. Composer-conductor, Dr. Victoria Bond was a guest conductor as the Chorale performed her specially commissioned work for Nyack College, “Dew, Precious Dew.”
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- TODAY: Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>