School of Music in Concert at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center
On Friday, April 17 on the stage of Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center, extraordinarily talented Nyack College students and alumni were front and center in a celebratory concert demonstrating the range and depth of the academic program at Nyack’s School of Music.
How do these students add an evening like this concert to their favorite Nyack memories...and to their resumes? The answer: An accomplished music faculty who themselves are accomplished national and international performing and recording artists.
The program of classical, contemporary, and sacred music showcased the following student and alumni soloists: Jhasoa Agosto, Nathalie Alcime, Chris Anthony, Carolynn Clyne, Nichole Cosentino, Willana Mack, Jamal Sarikoki, Matia Washington, Noël Wippler, Kate Wiswell. These young men and women exemplify the caliber of talent that is honed on Nyack’s Manhattan and Rockland campuses.
Joining the student-alumni on stage were distinguished faculty conductors, musicians, and singers—Prof. Jhasoa Agosto, Prof. Mary Vigil Carey, Prof. Joel Jameson, Prof. Shelley Jameson, Prof. Darryl Jordan, Dr. Chungsun Kim, Dr. Tammy Lum, Prof. Willana Mack, Dr. Elizabeth Swanson, Dr. Dana Talley, and Dr. Sue Talley. Professors Chris Hughes and Jon Werking directed the Jazz Ensemble during intermission. Composer-conductor, Dr. Victoria Bond was a guest conductor as the Chorale performed her specially commissioned work for Nyack College, “Dew, Precious Dew.”
- AGSC's Marriage & Family Therapy Ranked #4 Among Top 25 Counseling Programs in the Northeast
- Nyack Basketball Alumni Compete at IBall National Pro Combine
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
- Remembering Robin Luce
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Browse Blog Archive>>