Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
The Nyack College Rockland County School of Music Spring Concert will be presented on Friday, April 10 at 7:30 p.m. in Pardington Hall, 1 South Boulevard in Nyack, featuring a 30-piece orchestra and the 50-member Chorale.
This free concert will showcase inspiring works such as Samuel Barber’s “Knoxville, Summer of 1915, Beethoven’s “Christ on the Mount of Olives,” and his “Choral Fantasy” and conclude with Isaac Watts’s moving “When I Survey the Wondrous Cross.”
Soloists in this powerful production include Nyack’s Artist in Residence, Prof. Shelley Jameson, soprano; sophomore voice major, Hannah Jang, soprano; Patrick Denniston, tenor; Prof. Joel Jameson, bass; Nyack alumni, Nellie Margarita Santiago, soprano, and Katherine Wiswell, mezzo-soprano. Nyack’s Trio in Residence member, Dr. Tammy Lum, pianist will accompany selections.
Joining Prof. Joel Jameson as conductor is Nyack senior, Jamal Sarikoki.
Sarikoki, a conducting major, has also studied with Dr. Elizabeth Swanson from Nyack’s NYC School of Music and is a perfect example of how mentoring music faculty come alongside students to nurture their talent. Jamal, who will also be a soloist at the School's April 17 concert at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center says, "Although I am going into the secular world of music as a conductor, I will be grounded in my faith and in the strong education I have received. The professors here at Nyack have all shown me what it's like to be at the top of their field but walk ever close to Jesus."
Currently Jamal serves at Calvary Baptist Church in Manhattan as a conductor and an organist. He was awarded one of two scholarships to study conducting at Bard Conservatory in the fall. Click here to view Sarikoki at work.
Come and enjoy an evening of spectacular performances in the beautiful Hudson Valley campus of Nyack College.
Admission is free. You won’t want to miss it!
- New Edition of The Forum Published
- March 29: The Amasi Trio in Concert
- OPENING MARCH 31: Nyack's Spring Play: The Importance of Being Earnest
- MARCH 31: Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- Browse Blog Archive>>