Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
The Nyack College Rockland County School of Music Spring Concert will be presented on Friday, April 10 at 7:30 p.m. in Pardington Hall, 1 South Boulevard in Nyack, featuring a 30-piece orchestra and the 50-member Chorale.
This free concert will showcase inspiring works such as Samuel Barber’s “Knoxville, Summer of 1915, Beethoven’s “Christ on the Mount of Olives,” and his “Choral Fantasy” and conclude with Isaac Watts’s moving “When I Survey the Wondrous Cross.”
Soloists in this powerful production include Nyack’s Artist in Residence, Prof. Shelley Jameson, soprano; sophomore voice major, Hannah Jang, soprano; Patrick Denniston, tenor; Prof. Joel Jameson, bass; Nyack alumni, Nellie Margarita Santiago, soprano, and Katherine Wiswell, mezzo-soprano. Nyack’s Trio in Residence member, Dr. Tammy Lum, pianist will accompany selections.
Joining Prof. Joel Jameson as conductor is Nyack senior, Jamal Sarikoki.
Sarikoki, a conducting major, has also studied with Dr. Elizabeth Swanson from Nyack’s NYC School of Music and is a perfect example of how mentoring music faculty come alongside students to nurture their talent. Jamal, who will also be a soloist at the School's April 17 concert at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center says, "Although I am going into the secular world of music as a conductor, I will be grounded in my faith and in the strong education I have received. The professors here at Nyack have all shown me what it's like to be at the top of their field but walk ever close to Jesus."
Currently Jamal serves at Calvary Baptist Church in Manhattan as a conductor and an organist. He was awarded one of two scholarships to study conducting at Bard Conservatory in the fall. Click here to view Sarikoki at work.
Come and enjoy an evening of spectacular performances in the beautiful Hudson Valley campus of Nyack College.
Admission is free. You won’t want to miss it!
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Nyack Night at the Borderline Music Festival
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- Request for Prayer: Hurricane Maria Approaches Puerto Rico
- EMPOWER: Sixth Annual C&MA Certificate Program for Women Kicks Off
- Nyack College "Woman" Students Celebrated at Initiation Ceremony
- SEPT: 18-20 Stephen Fowler, Deeper Life Series Speaker
- SEPT 18: Interview of Building 429's Jason Roy to Re-air on WNYK 88FM
- Fall 2017 Colloquium Series Hosted by Nyack's Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement
- Nyack College on U.S. News & World Report 2018 #BestColleges List
- SEPT 28: Biblical Archaeology Society and Nyack's Center for The Study of Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins NYC Event
- Free Coney Island Concert Nyack's Damien Sneed with Gospel Great, Shirley Caesar
- Nyack Rockland Dean's Personal 9/11 Reflection
- ATS Dean in Vietnam to Teach First Seminary Graduate Level Course
- UPDATE: ATS/Nyack Campus in Puerto Rico
- Diversity Matters: Race, Ethnicity, & The Future of Christian Higher Education
- Listening Party for ISAIAH VELEZ
- Jesus Week Appreciation Banquet, Sept. 7 @6:30 PM
- Youth Pastors Fellowship at Nyack College NYC
- Dan Bailey Named to the CACC Hall of Fame
- An NCLEX-RN Exam Victory for Class of 2017 Alumnae
- Nyack College - A Borderline Music Festival Sponsor
- Andrew Iwaskow, Nyack Alumnus Named Executive VP at Tailored Brands, Inc.
- Browse Blog Archive>>