Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
The Nyack College Rockland County School of Music Spring Concert will be presented on Friday, April 10 at 7:30 p.m. in Pardington Hall, 1 South Boulevard in Nyack, featuring a 30-piece orchestra and the 50-member Chorale.
This free concert will showcase inspiring works such as Samuel Barber’s “Knoxville, Summer of 1915, Beethoven’s “Christ on the Mount of Olives,” and his “Choral Fantasy” and conclude with Isaac Watts’s moving “When I Survey the Wondrous Cross.”
Soloists in this powerful production include Nyack’s Artist in Residence, Prof. Shelley Jameson, soprano; sophomore voice major, Hannah Jang, soprano; Patrick Denniston, tenor; Prof. Joel Jameson, bass; Nyack alumni, Nellie Margarita Santiago, soprano, and Katherine Wiswell, mezzo-soprano. Nyack’s Trio in Residence member, Dr. Tammy Lum, pianist will accompany selections.
Joining Prof. Joel Jameson as conductor is Nyack senior, Jamal Sarikoki.
Sarikoki, a conducting major, has also studied with Dr. Elizabeth Swanson from Nyack’s NYC School of Music and is a perfect example of how mentoring music faculty come alongside students to nurture their talent. Jamal, who will also be a soloist at the School's April 17 concert at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center says, "Although I am going into the secular world of music as a conductor, I will be grounded in my faith and in the strong education I have received. The professors here at Nyack have all shown me what it's like to be at the top of their field but walk ever close to Jesus."
Currently Jamal serves at Calvary Baptist Church in Manhattan as a conductor and an organist. He was awarded one of two scholarships to study conducting at Bard Conservatory in the fall. Click here to view Sarikoki at work.
Come and enjoy an evening of spectacular performances in the beautiful Hudson Valley campus of Nyack College.
Admission is free. You won’t want to miss it!
- Jan 30-Feb 1: Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann: Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- Browse Blog Archive>>