Denise Lewis Patrick, Award-Winning Author and Nyack Adjunct, Presents Connected Souls
Nyack’s Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement, the Office of Student Development, and the College of Arts and Sciences cordially invite you to attend a special Colloquium session celebrating Black History Month on Thursday, February 19, 2015 at Nyack’s Manhattan campus located at 2 Washington Street in Room 2241 at 4:00 p.m. Ms. Denise Lewis Patrick, awarding-winning author and Nyack College adjunct professor (pictured above), will present “Connected Souls: How (our) Life Stories Resonate Across Time, Races and Places.”
Ms. Patrick is also the co-author of young adult historical fiction for the tremendously successful American Girl book series about a character, Cecile Amelie Rey, a free girl of color in 1850's New Orleans. Her book, A Matter of Souls, was named one of the Best Teen Books of 2014 by Kirkus Review, a national leading book review journal.
Prof. Patrick teaches Fundamentals of Writing and Critical Thinking for Nyack’s Division of Student Success.
Admission to this campus event is free.
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- SEPT 29: ATS Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Update on Nyack's Seminary Branch in Puerto Rico
- September Alumni Spotlight on WNYK: Pastor Greg Haueter
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Nyack Night at the Borderline Music Festival
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- Browse Blog Archive>>