Nyack Reps at NY Student Aid Alliance Advocacy Day in Albany
Nyack College students and staff participated in this year’s New York Student Aid Alliance Advocacy Day on February 10 in Albany. The annual event convenes New York State students, faculty, financial aid and opportunity program administrators, legislators, and higher education policymakers to dialogue and show support for student aid funding and higher education.
New York’s Tuition Assistance Program (TAP), Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP), Science and Technology Entry Program (STEP) / Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program (C-STEP), and Liberty Partnerships Program help more than 370,000 New Yorkers pay for college expenses.
During their visit, Nyack students met with Senator David Carlucci (D-Rockland/Westchester) who represents the 38th District in the New York State Senate including the towns of Ramapo, Clarkstown and Orangetown in Rockland County along with the Town of Ossining in Westchester County.
Pictured above are Nyack College Advocacy Day participants: (l-r) front row: Marisol Blasini, Senator David Carlucci, Wilson Weng, Belleza Sahir, and Joshua Spence. Back row: Earl Miller (staff), Aileen Mehboob, Rohan Martin, Nathaniel Perez (staff), Michelle Clarke, and Elizabeth Redekop.
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann: Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Browse Blog Archive>>