Damien Sneed, NYC Music Faculty, in PBS Documentary on Work by Wynton Marsalis
Damien Sneed, Nyack College New York City campus School of Music faculty member, has added yet another outstanding accomplishment to an already astounding list: He appears in a new documentary telling the story of jazz great Wynton Marsalis and the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra’s 2013 performance of "Abyssinian Mass" in Charlotte at Friendship Missionary Baptist Church. Sneed, who has collaborated with Marsalis on other projects, was conductor of the work written in honor of the 200th anniversary of Harlem’s historic Abyssinian Baptist Church.
The film, “Everyone Has a Place,” premiered on Charlotte, NC’s PBS station, WTVI and was produced by the Knight Foundation, a benefactor of innovative journalism and art. The Foundation hopes to bring the film to other PBS stations nationwide.
Click here to view the trailer. Sneed, who has been a Nyack NYC music faculty member since 2014, (wearing plaid jacket and purple tie), was a recipient of the Sphinx Medal of Excellence for emerging black and Latino classical musicians. He teaches Applied Piano, Ear Training, and Sight Singing at Nyack.
March 3: Damien Sneed featuring the Levites will release a new double disc project, "Broken to Minister: The Deluxe Edition." His new single, "Forever," is an uptempo worship song. Sneed's label, LeChateau Earl Records, has a new worldwide distribution deal with Central South of Nashville, TN.
April 16: Damien Sneed makes his Carnegie Hall conducting debut in the Wynton Marsalis' “Abyssinian 200: A Celebration.”
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Telling the Nyack Story
- Graduation for Fishkill Cohort 905
- Dr. Elaine Chao, Nyack Honorary Degree Recipient, Named to President-elect Trump's Cabinet
- Isa Agape at Nyack College Rockland
- Good Reads in Forum Issue #2
- WNYK Airs Interviews With West Side Story Cast and Crew
- Accreditation for MA in Marriage and Family Therapy at Alliance Graduate School of Counseling
- Thinking of You With a Grateful Heart...
- Preparing for Christmas and Giving Thanks
- Wall Street Journal College Rankings List Puts Nyack Among Top 20 in the U.S. for Campus Environment
- A West Side Story Who's Who
- Nyack Alumna and Author Linda Graf Shares Message on Bitterness
- Final Colloquium in Fall Series Features Film "Inside Man"
- Dr. David Ireland, Nyack Rockland Chapel Speaker
- Nyack Student Stephanie Fisher, a Guest Conductor at Kathleen Battle Event
- School of Music Students Share Joy at Market Street Mission
- Sean Pica of Hudson Link Visits Nyack Students on Rockland Campus
- Career Talk With New York State Trooper at Nyack Rockland
- Nyack Students Among Top Three Presenters at Biology Conference
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Hosts Nyack Scholars Symposium
- Thank You for Voting for Josh and Jackie Blanchard!
- The New Forum--The Voice of Nyack College Students
- Faculty Recital: Dr. Tammy Lum, pianist
- HYMNFEST - An Evening of Timeless Praise
- Browse Blog Archive>>