Damien Sneed, NYC Music Faculty, in PBS Documentary on Work by Wynton Marsalis
Damien Sneed, Nyack College New York City campus School of Music faculty member, has added yet another outstanding accomplishment to an already astounding list: He appears in a new documentary telling the story of jazz great Wynton Marsalis and the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra’s 2013 performance of "Abyssinian Mass" in Charlotte at Friendship Missionary Baptist Church. Sneed, who has collaborated with Marsalis on other projects, was conductor of the work written in honor of the 200th anniversary of Harlem’s historic Abyssinian Baptist Church.
The film, “Everyone Has a Place,” premiered on Charlotte, NC’s PBS station, WTVI and was produced by the Knight Foundation, a benefactor of innovative journalism and art. The Foundation hopes to bring the film to other PBS stations nationwide.
Click here to view the trailer. Sneed, who has been a Nyack NYC music faculty member since 2014, (wearing plaid jacket and purple tie), was a recipient of the Sphinx Medal of Excellence for emerging black and Latino classical musicians. He teaches Applied Piano, Ear Training, and Sight Singing at Nyack.
March 3: Damien Sneed featuring the Levites will release a new double disc project, "Broken to Minister: The Deluxe Edition." His new single, "Forever," is an uptempo worship song. Sneed's label, LeChateau Earl Records, has a new worldwide distribution deal with Central South of Nashville, TN.
April 16: Damien Sneed makes his Carnegie Hall conducting debut in the Wynton Marsalis' “Abyssinian 200: A Celebration.”
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Nyack Night at the Borderline Music Festival
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- Request for Prayer: Hurricane Maria Approaches Puerto Rico
- EMPOWER: Sixth Annual C&MA Certificate Program for Women Kicks Off
- Nyack College "Woman" Students Celebrated at Initiation Ceremony
- SEPT: 18-20 Stephen Fowler, Deeper Life Series Speaker
- SEPT 18: Interview of Building 429's Jason Roy to Re-air on WNYK 88FM
- Fall 2017 Colloquium Series Hosted by Nyack's Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement
- Nyack College on U.S. News & World Report 2018 #BestColleges List
- SEPT 28: Biblical Archaeology Society and Nyack's Center for The Study of Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins NYC Event
- Free Coney Island Concert Nyack's Damien Sneed with Gospel Great, Shirley Caesar
- Nyack Rockland Dean's Personal 9/11 Reflection
- ATS Dean in Vietnam to Teach First Seminary Graduate Level Course
- UPDATE: ATS/Nyack Campus in Puerto Rico
- Diversity Matters: Race, Ethnicity, & The Future of Christian Higher Education
- Listening Party for ISAIAH VELEZ
- Jesus Week Appreciation Banquet, Sept. 7 @6:30 PM
- Youth Pastors Fellowship at Nyack College NYC
- Dan Bailey Named to the CACC Hall of Fame
- An NCLEX-RN Exam Victory for Class of 2017 Alumnae
- Nyack College - A Borderline Music Festival Sponsor
- Andrew Iwaskow, Nyack Alumnus Named Executive VP at Tailored Brands, Inc.
- Browse Blog Archive>>