Damien Sneed, NYC Music Faculty, in PBS Documentary on Work by Wynton Marsalis
Damien Sneed, Nyack College New York City campus School of Music faculty member, has added yet another outstanding accomplishment to an already astounding list: He appears in a new documentary telling the story of jazz great Wynton Marsalis and the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra’s 2013 performance of "Abyssinian Mass" in Charlotte at Friendship Missionary Baptist Church. Sneed, who has collaborated with Marsalis on other projects, was conductor of the work written in honor of the 200th anniversary of Harlem’s historic Abyssinian Baptist Church.
The film, “Everyone Has a Place,” premiered on Charlotte, NC’s PBS station, WTVI and was produced by the Knight Foundation, a benefactor of innovative journalism and art. The Foundation hopes to bring the film to other PBS stations nationwide.
Click here to view the trailer. Sneed, who has been a Nyack NYC music faculty member since 2014, (wearing plaid jacket and purple tie), was a recipient of the Sphinx Medal of Excellence for emerging black and Latino classical musicians. He teaches Applied Piano, Ear Training, and Sight Singing at Nyack.
March 3: Damien Sneed featuring the Levites will release a new double disc project, "Broken to Minister: The Deluxe Edition." His new single, "Forever," is an uptempo worship song. Sneed's label, LeChateau Earl Records, has a new worldwide distribution deal with Central South of Nashville, TN.
April 16: Damien Sneed makes his Carnegie Hall conducting debut in the Wynton Marsalis' “Abyssinian 200: A Celebration.”
- Nyack Basketball Alumni Compete at IBall National Pro Combine
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
- Remembering Robin Luce
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Celebrating Nyack's School of Nursing Graduates
- Browse Blog Archive>>