Kathy Schwarz, First 2015 Nyack Critical Reads Presenter
Katherine Schwarz, MS, MPH, will be the first 2015 featured presenter for the Nyack College Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) Critical Reads Colloquium Series on Wednesday, February 4, from 4:00 to 5:15 p.m. in Shuman Hall/President’s Hall on the Rockland County campus. The text Ms. Schwarz will discuss is Lester Brown’s book, World on the Edge: How to Prevent Environmental and Economic Collapse.
An environmental educator, Kathy Schwarz, (pictured above center) offers an international perspective after spending two years in sub-Saharan Africa where she focused on food security and HIV/AIDS. She is a faculty member at Lehman College and New York Medical College where she teaches nutrition education and food security.
For more information about upcoming CSGE events, phone (845) 675-4582 or email Center_Scholarship@nyack.edu.
ABOUT THE COLLOQUIUM SERIES
The objective of the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) Colloquium Series is to nurture an atmosphere where undergraduate and graduate students as well as faculty can join in meaningful discussions about relevant global, national, and local issues. Through this series, members of our broader community can learn about the current research efforts of our faculty. This spring semester, the "Critical Reads on Environemental Sustainability," will feature monthly lectures on select readings presented by professors and practitioners in the field of global sustainability.
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- SEPT 29: ATS Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Update on Nyack's Seminary Branch in Puerto Rico
- September Alumni Spotlight on WNYK: Pastor Greg Haueter
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Nyack Night at the Borderline Music Festival
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- Browse Blog Archive>>