Kathy Schwarz, First 2015 Nyack Critical Reads Presenter
Katherine Schwarz, MS, MPH, will be the first 2015 featured presenter for the Nyack College Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) Critical Reads Colloquium Series on Wednesday, February 4, from 4:00 to 5:15 p.m. in Shuman Hall/President’s Hall on the Rockland County campus. The text Ms. Schwarz will discuss is Lester Brown’s book, World on the Edge: How to Prevent Environmental and Economic Collapse.
An environmental educator, Kathy Schwarz, (pictured above center) offers an international perspective after spending two years in sub-Saharan Africa where she focused on food security and HIV/AIDS. She is a faculty member at Lehman College and New York Medical College where she teaches nutrition education and food security.
For more information about upcoming CSGE events, phone (845) 675-4582 or email Center_Scholarship@nyack.edu.
ABOUT THE COLLOQUIUM SERIES
The objective of the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) Colloquium Series is to nurture an atmosphere where undergraduate and graduate students as well as faculty can join in meaningful discussions about relevant global, national, and local issues. Through this series, members of our broader community can learn about the current research efforts of our faculty. This spring semester, the "Critical Reads on Environemental Sustainability," will feature monthly lectures on select readings presented by professors and practitioners in the field of global sustainability.
- Every Day A Gift Concert: Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Classic Luncheon Speaker
- 15 Years Later...We Still Remember
- Go Fish...Again!
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary to Be Highlighted on "Pursuing God" Broadcast
- Register for the Nyack Leadership Speaker Series Lecture With Peter Irvine
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Alumni Jazz Musicians RSVP ASAP For This Homecoming Gig
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Browse Blog Archive>>