Kathy Schwarz, First 2015 Nyack Critical Reads Presenter
Katherine Schwarz, MS, MPH, will be the first 2015 featured presenter for the Nyack College Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) Critical Reads Colloquium Series on Wednesday, February 4, from 4:00 to 5:15 p.m. in Shuman Hall/President’s Hall on the Rockland County campus. The text Ms. Schwarz will discuss is Lester Brown’s book, World on the Edge: How to Prevent Environmental and Economic Collapse.
An environmental educator, Kathy Schwarz, (pictured above center) offers an international perspective after spending two years in sub-Saharan Africa where she focused on food security and HIV/AIDS. She is a faculty member at Lehman College and New York Medical College where she teaches nutrition education and food security.
For more information about upcoming CSGE events, phone (845) 675-4582 or email Center_Scholarship@nyack.edu.
ABOUT THE COLLOQUIUM SERIES
The objective of the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) Colloquium Series is to nurture an atmosphere where undergraduate and graduate students as well as faculty can join in meaningful discussions about relevant global, national, and local issues. Through this series, members of our broader community can learn about the current research efforts of our faculty. This spring semester, the "Critical Reads on Environemental Sustainability," will feature monthly lectures on select readings presented by professors and practitioners in the field of global sustainability.
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann: Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Browse Blog Archive>>