Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. would have studied the Nyack Seaport dining room and smiled.
He would have seen that his decades of labor were not in vain. He would have enjoyed this visual of white, black, Jew and Gentile, men, women, and children gathering at the invitation of Nyack College to celebrate social justice.
Loyal friends of the college came—in spite of Sunday’s early morning icy road conditions and the afternoon threat of area flooding—to acknowledge local leaders whose life work mirror’s King’s heart for the “beloved community.”
King also would have applauded the diverse roster of Nyack’s 2015 Social Justice Award recipients. The honor was presented to John Murphy, Rockland County District 16 Legislator; Wilbur Aldridge, regional director of the Mid-Hudson Westchester NAACP; and the Holocaust Museum & Study Center. Special recognition for community service was given to Paulo Feteira and Chef Jose David Martinez, co-owners of UNION Restaurant in Haverstraw.
Pictured with Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary President Dr. Michael Scales and Community Relations Executive Director Earl Miller are (l-r, standing) Miller, Andrea Winograd (Holocaust Museum & Study Center), and Scales; (l-r seated): Paul Galan (Holocaust Museum & Study Center, Board Chair), Alan Moskin (World War II veteran and guest speaker), Mr. Murphy; and Mr. Aldridge.
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>