Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. would have studied the Nyack Seaport dining room and smiled.
He would have seen that his decades of labor were not in vain. He would have enjoyed this visual of white, black, Jew and Gentile, men, women, and children gathering at the invitation of Nyack College to celebrate social justice.
Loyal friends of the college came—in spite of Sunday’s early morning icy road conditions and the afternoon threat of area flooding—to acknowledge local leaders whose life work mirror’s King’s heart for the “beloved community.”
King also would have applauded the diverse roster of Nyack’s 2015 Social Justice Award recipients. The honor was presented to John Murphy, Rockland County District 16 Legislator; Wilbur Aldridge, regional director of the Mid-Hudson Westchester NAACP; and the Holocaust Museum & Study Center. Special recognition for community service was given to Paulo Feteira and Chef Jose David Martinez, co-owners of UNION Restaurant in Haverstraw.
Pictured with Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary President Dr. Michael Scales and Community Relations Executive Director Earl Miller are (l-r, standing) Miller, Andrea Winograd (Holocaust Museum & Study Center), and Scales; (l-r seated): Paul Galan (Holocaust Museum & Study Center, Board Chair), Alan Moskin (World War II veteran and guest speaker), Mr. Murphy; and Mr. Aldridge.
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann: Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Browse Blog Archive>>