Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
Nyack-Valley Cottage Little League (NVCLL) is comprised of a group of amazing families who love baseball.
NVCLL Vice-President and Majors Manager Keith Davie is also the Athletic Director and Men’s Soccer Coach at Nyack College. In August he took his soccer team to Mexico to run sports clinics and hand out soccer equipment to the kids in the Cancun area. While there, it was very obvious that soccer was the little brother to baseball and the people wanted to have baseball clinics similar to the Nyack soccer clinics.
January 13-20, 2015 Coach Davie will take the Nyack College Baseball team to Mexico where they will run clinics for over 750 kids in a little less than seven days! What was obvious during the last visit was that most of the kids did not have equipment suitable for the game that they love.
Here’s how you can help.
Many of children have had baseball gloves that they no longer use and despite their slightly worn condition. Those gloves are better than the bare hands that the kids in Mexico use. Please take some time to go through the baseball gear you might have in your home and donate those old gloves that the Nyack College Baseball team can give to the kids during the clinics. The impact is nearly immeasurable because these kids usually have very few things they could call their own.
If you would like to donate baseball gloves, there is a donation box inside the Nyack College Gymnasium (1 South Boulevard, Nyack, NY) where you can drop them. There will also be a box outside of the Liberty Field concession stand (Liberty Elementary School, Valley Cottage, NY). If you would rather deliver them to Coach Davie personally, please phone him at 845-304-9120.
The goal is to take several hundred gloves to Mexico when the Nyack team leaves in January. Won’t you help the Nyack College effort to reach that goal?
- Nyack College School of Music December Concerts
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Alumna Alyssa Cruz Presents on Technology-Infused and Data-Driven Lesson Planning
- #GivingTuesday for Nyack's Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico
- Three Nyack Warriors on 2017 Men's Soccer All-Academic Team
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico...Firm and Persevering!
- Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Browse Blog Archive>>