Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
Nyack-Valley Cottage Little League (NVCLL) is comprised of a group of amazing families who love baseball.
NVCLL Vice-President and Majors Manager Keith Davie is also the Athletic Director and Men’s Soccer Coach at Nyack College. In August he took his soccer team to Mexico to run sports clinics and hand out soccer equipment to the kids in the Cancun area. While there, it was very obvious that soccer was the little brother to baseball and the people wanted to have baseball clinics similar to the Nyack soccer clinics.
January 13-20, 2015 Coach Davie will take the Nyack College Baseball team to Mexico where they will run clinics for over 750 kids in a little less than seven days! What was obvious during the last visit was that most of the kids did not have equipment suitable for the game that they love.
Here’s how you can help.
Many of children have had baseball gloves that they no longer use and despite their slightly worn condition. Those gloves are better than the bare hands that the kids in Mexico use. Please take some time to go through the baseball gear you might have in your home and donate those old gloves that the Nyack College Baseball team can give to the kids during the clinics. The impact is nearly immeasurable because these kids usually have very few things they could call their own.
If you would like to donate baseball gloves, there is a donation box inside the Nyack College Gymnasium (1 South Boulevard, Nyack, NY) where you can drop them. There will also be a box outside of the Liberty Field concession stand (Liberty Elementary School, Valley Cottage, NY). If you would rather deliver them to Coach Davie personally, please phone him at 845-304-9120.
The goal is to take several hundred gloves to Mexico when the Nyack team leaves in January. Won’t you help the Nyack College effort to reach that goal?
- TONIGHT IN ROCKLAND: Nyack's WNYK 88.7FM Launch Party
- Coming to Nyack: A Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) Program for Youth
- Every Day A Gift Concert: Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Classic Luncheon Speaker
- 15 Years Later...We Still Remember
- Go Fish...Again!
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary to Be Highlighted on "Pursuing God" Broadcast
- Register for the Nyack Leadership Speaker Series Lecture With Peter Irvine
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Alumni Jazz Musicians RSVP ASAP For This Homecoming Gig
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Browse Blog Archive>>