Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
Nyack-Valley Cottage Little League (NVCLL) is comprised of a group of amazing families who love baseball.
NVCLL Vice-President and Majors Manager Keith Davie is also the Athletic Director and Men’s Soccer Coach at Nyack College. In August he took his soccer team to Mexico to run sports clinics and hand out soccer equipment to the kids in the Cancun area. While there, it was very obvious that soccer was the little brother to baseball and the people wanted to have baseball clinics similar to the Nyack soccer clinics.
January 13-20, 2015 Coach Davie will take the Nyack College Baseball team to Mexico where they will run clinics for over 750 kids in a little less than seven days! What was obvious during the last visit was that most of the kids did not have equipment suitable for the game that they love.
Here’s how you can help.
Many of children have had baseball gloves that they no longer use and despite their slightly worn condition. Those gloves are better than the bare hands that the kids in Mexico use. Please take some time to go through the baseball gear you might have in your home and donate those old gloves that the Nyack College Baseball team can give to the kids during the clinics. The impact is nearly immeasurable because these kids usually have very few things they could call their own.
If you would like to donate baseball gloves, there is a donation box inside the Nyack College Gymnasium (1 South Boulevard, Nyack, NY) where you can drop them. There will also be a box outside of the Liberty Field concession stand (Liberty Elementary School, Valley Cottage, NY). If you would rather deliver them to Coach Davie personally, please phone him at 845-304-9120.
The goal is to take several hundred gloves to Mexico when the Nyack team leaves in January. Won’t you help the Nyack College effort to reach that goal?
- FEB 25: Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- FEB 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- FEB 28 Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Browse Blog Archive>>