Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
Nyack-Valley Cottage Little League (NVCLL) is comprised of a group of amazing families who love baseball.
NVCLL Vice-President and Majors Manager Keith Davie is also the Athletic Director and Men’s Soccer Coach at Nyack College. In August he took his soccer team to Mexico to run sports clinics and hand out soccer equipment to the kids in the Cancun area. While there, it was very obvious that soccer was the little brother to baseball and the people wanted to have baseball clinics similar to the Nyack soccer clinics.
January 13-20, 2015 Coach Davie will take the Nyack College Baseball team to Mexico where they will run clinics for over 750 kids in a little less than seven days! What was obvious during the last visit was that most of the kids did not have equipment suitable for the game that they love.
Here’s how you can help.
Many of children have had baseball gloves that they no longer use and despite their slightly worn condition. Those gloves are better than the bare hands that the kids in Mexico use. Please take some time to go through the baseball gear you might have in your home and donate those old gloves that the Nyack College Baseball team can give to the kids during the clinics. The impact is nearly immeasurable because these kids usually have very few things they could call their own.
If you would like to donate baseball gloves, there is a donation box inside the Nyack College Gymnasium (1 South Boulevard, Nyack, NY) where you can drop them. There will also be a box outside of the Liberty Field concession stand (Liberty Elementary School, Valley Cottage, NY). If you would rather deliver them to Coach Davie personally, please phone him at 845-304-9120.
The goal is to take several hundred gloves to Mexico when the Nyack team leaves in January. Won’t you help the Nyack College effort to reach that goal?
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- Browse Blog Archive>>