Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
Alfonso Wieland and Rolando Perez of the Paz y Esperanza Institute in Lima, Peru recently visited the Nyack College Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) Rockland office.
Paz y Esperanza is a Christian human rights organization committed to defending and promoting justice for underserved people in Latin America. Founded in 1996 by a coalition of pastors, professionals and evangelical churches, the non-profit has offices in Lima, Bolivia, Ecuador, the United States and the United Kingdom.
Wieland and Perez shared with CSGE interns about the important work that the organization is doing to address the rights of women and children who are overwhelmingly victims of domestic violence, child abuse, and human trafficking. The organization is intentional about advocating the importance of a Christian’s relationship with God and social involvement on a grassroots level. “Spiritually has to embrace all of life,” explains Perez.
Paz y Esperanza is run by teams of lawyers, psychologists, social workers, educators, and pastors. It also provides training for leaders on how to work with people who are in oppressive circumstances.
Learn more about Nyack's relationship with Paz y Esperanza here.
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- SEPT 29: ATS Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Update on Nyack's Seminary Branch in Puerto Rico
- September Alumni Spotlight on WNYK: Pastor Greg Haueter
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Nyack Night at the Borderline Music Festival
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- Browse Blog Archive>>