Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
Nyack College freshman, Storm Glautier, (pictured above) is one of the 110,000 students who compete in National Collegiate Athletic Association sports program nationwide.
Glautier, a Nyack men’s soccer player, was recently selected to represent the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) as one of 27 members of the NCAA Division II Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC)—a first among Nyack Warrior student-athletes. He was selected by the Division II SAAC Nominating Sub-Committee from a pool of candidates submitted by the conference offices. He will represent the student-athletes of all 14 Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference member institutions through the 2018 NCAA Convention.
Glautier, who plays defense, hails from Stellenbosch, South Africa representing one of the nearly 60 countries in Nyack’s international student population.
Says the liberal arts major on this recognition, “I am feeling a mixture of surprise and absolute honor to be selected to represent my institution and conference. Being a part of SAAC on the national level will allow me to help voice the opinion of the student-athletes.”
Committee members participate in the NCAA Convention each January. During the NCAA Convention, Division II SAAC members have an opportunity to speak to proposed legislation in front of the Division II membership.
Modeling the role of leadership for its student-athletes, Nyack president, Dr. Michael G. Scales, is a member of the Presidents Council of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), a 15-member panel of university presidents from Division II schools. On this chief governing body for NCAA Division II athletics, Dr. Scales serves as a Championships Committee Liaison.
“We are very proud of Storm,” says Keith Davie, Nyack College Director of Athletics and Head Men’s Soccer coach.“He is an assertive and intelligent young man who will make Nyack and the CACC proud.”
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Alumna Alyssa Cruz Presents on Technology-Infused and Data-Driven Lesson Planning
- #GivingTuesday for Nyack's Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico
- Three Nyack Warriors on 2017 Men's Soccer All-Academic Team
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>