Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
Nyack College freshman, Storm Glautier, (pictured above) is one of the 110,000 students who compete in National Collegiate Athletic Association sports program nationwide.
Glautier, a Nyack men’s soccer player, was recently selected to represent the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) as one of 27 members of the NCAA Division II Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC)—a first among Nyack Warrior student-athletes. He was selected by the Division II SAAC Nominating Sub-Committee from a pool of candidates submitted by the conference offices. He will represent the student-athletes of all 14 Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference member institutions through the 2018 NCAA Convention.
Glautier, who plays defense, hails from Stellenbosch, South Africa representing one of the nearly 60 countries in Nyack’s international student population.
Says the liberal arts major on this recognition, “I am feeling a mixture of surprise and absolute honor to be selected to represent my institution and conference. Being a part of SAAC on the national level will allow me to help voice the opinion of the student-athletes.”
Committee members participate in the NCAA Convention each January. During the NCAA Convention, Division II SAAC members have an opportunity to speak to proposed legislation in front of the Division II membership.
Modeling the role of leadership for its student-athletes, Nyack president, Dr. Michael G. Scales, is a member of the Presidents Council of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), a 15-member panel of university presidents from Division II schools. On this chief governing body for NCAA Division II athletics, Dr. Scales serves as a Championships Committee Liaison.
“We are very proud of Storm,” says Keith Davie, Nyack College Director of Athletics and Head Men’s Soccer coach.“He is an assertive and intelligent young man who will make Nyack and the CACC proud.”
- OCT 24-26: Office of Spiritual Formation Hosts Prayer Summit with Dave Powers
- OCT 26: Fall Colloquium at Nyack Rockland on Civic Engagement
- NOV 2-3: Eighth Annual Nyack Scholars Symposium
- Education Conference at Alliance Theological Seminary with Dr. Eric Mazur
- Barb Shiffer: Well Done, Good and Faithful Servant!
- Get Tickets for Nyack's Production of West Side Story!
- Cast Your Vote for Josh and Jaclyn Blanchard!
- Remembering Tryphena Ramcharitar
- Every Day A Gift Concert, Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Service of Remembrance for Social Work Major Utopia Campbell
- ATS Alumna Karen Goff is VP at Agnes Scott College
- Alumna Rynae Rasley Joins U.S. Air Force Academy Coaching Staff
- Qian Ye, Nyack Alumna Featured in Global Mural Conference
- Celebrating the Service of a Pioneer: Drusila Nieves
- Listen Up! Nyack's WNYK 88.7FM
- 2016 CCCU Diversity Conference
- Coming to Nyack: A Science & Technology Entry Program (STEP) for Youth
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Browse Blog Archive>>