Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
Nyack College freshman, Storm Glautier, (pictured above) is one of the 110,000 students who compete in National Collegiate Athletic Association sports program nationwide.
Glautier, a Nyack men’s soccer player, was recently selected to represent the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) as one of 27 members of the NCAA Division II Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC)—a first among Nyack Warrior student-athletes. He was selected by the Division II SAAC Nominating Sub-Committee from a pool of candidates submitted by the conference offices. He will represent the student-athletes of all 14 Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference member institutions through the 2018 NCAA Convention.
Glautier, who plays defense, hails from Stellenbosch, South Africa representing one of the nearly 60 countries in Nyack’s international student population.
Says the liberal arts major on this recognition, “I am feeling a mixture of surprise and absolute honor to be selected to represent my institution and conference. Being a part of SAAC on the national level will allow me to help voice the opinion of the student-athletes.”
Committee members participate in the NCAA Convention each January. During the NCAA Convention, Division II SAAC members have an opportunity to speak to proposed legislation in front of the Division II membership.
Modeling the role of leadership for its student-athletes, Nyack president, Dr. Michael G. Scales, is a member of the Presidents Council of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), a 15-member panel of university presidents from Division II schools. On this chief governing body for NCAA Division II athletics, Dr. Scales serves as a Championships Committee Liaison.
“We are very proud of Storm,” says Keith Davie, Nyack College Director of Athletics and Head Men’s Soccer coach.“He is an assertive and intelligent young man who will make Nyack and the CACC proud.”
- Nyack College Helps Keep Rockland Beautiful
- APRIL 23: Nyack's "La Traviata" Performance Will Benefit Ottawa, IL Tornado Victims
- Warriors Men’s Soccer Loses 4-3 to United States Military Academy in Spring Finale
- Nyack Music Faculty/Alumnus ('09) Carlos Cuestas at Watchung Arts Center
- Issachah Savage Conducts Masterclass for Nyack Music Students
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2017 Commencement
- Fishing Club Fundraiser
- Bill Roesch of Impact Paterson Begins Coaching Business Venture Competition Winners
- Nyack Bio Students Present at SEA PHAGES Conference
- High Praise in the Lincoln Center "Sanctuary"
- Winners of the Nyack College 2017 Student Research Conference Announced
- Dean Wanda Velez--a Panelist for Women in Leadership Conference
- Dr. James Danaher, INDIES Book of the Year Awards Finalist
- The Art of Photography With Rebecca Przywara
- Dr. Lawrence Resseler Conducts School of Social Work Seminar
- English Department Welcomes Author Steven Florczyk to the Nyack Rockland Campus
- CSGE Colloquium Features Dr. Larry Poston
- The Music of Dr. Tammy Lum Featured on WWFM.org., the Classical Network
- CSGE Releases Digital Brochure for April 4 Student Research Conference
- Nyack College School of Business Hosts Competition for Local Entrepreneurs
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica Named to Alliance for Higher Education in Prison Founding Board
- New Edition of The Forum Published
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Browse Blog Archive>>