Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
Nyack College freshman, Storm Glautier, (pictured above) is one of the 110,000 students who compete in National Collegiate Athletic Association sports program nationwide.
Glautier, a Nyack men’s soccer player, was recently selected to represent the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) as one of 27 members of the NCAA Division II Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC)—a first among Nyack Warrior student-athletes. He was selected by the Division II SAAC Nominating Sub-Committee from a pool of candidates submitted by the conference offices. He will represent the student-athletes of all 14 Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference member institutions through the 2018 NCAA Convention.
Glautier, who plays defense, hails from Stellenbosch, South Africa representing one of the nearly 60 countries in Nyack’s international student population.
Says the liberal arts major on this recognition, “I am feeling a mixture of surprise and absolute honor to be selected to represent my institution and conference. Being a part of SAAC on the national level will allow me to help voice the opinion of the student-athletes.”
Committee members participate in the NCAA Convention each January. During the NCAA Convention, Division II SAAC members have an opportunity to speak to proposed legislation in front of the Division II membership.
Modeling the role of leadership for its student-athletes, Nyack president, Dr. Michael G. Scales, is a member of the Presidents Council of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), a 15-member panel of university presidents from Division II schools. On this chief governing body for NCAA Division II athletics, Dr. Scales serves as a Championships Committee Liaison.
“We are very proud of Storm,” says Keith Davie, Nyack College Director of Athletics and Head Men’s Soccer coach.“He is an assertive and intelligent young man who will make Nyack and the CACC proud.”
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann: Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Browse Blog Archive>>