Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
Nyack College freshman, Storm Glautier, (pictured above) is one of the 110,000 students who compete in National Collegiate Athletic Association sports program nationwide.
Glautier, a Nyack men’s soccer player, was recently selected to represent the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) as one of 27 members of the NCAA Division II Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC)—a first among Nyack Warrior student-athletes. He was selected by the Division II SAAC Nominating Sub-Committee from a pool of candidates submitted by the conference offices. He will represent the student-athletes of all 14 Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference member institutions through the 2018 NCAA Convention.
Glautier, who plays defense, hails from Stellenbosch, South Africa representing one of the nearly 60 countries in Nyack’s international student population.
Says the liberal arts major on this recognition, “I am feeling a mixture of surprise and absolute honor to be selected to represent my institution and conference. Being a part of SAAC on the national level will allow me to help voice the opinion of the student-athletes.”
Committee members participate in the NCAA Convention each January. During the NCAA Convention, Division II SAAC members have an opportunity to speak to proposed legislation in front of the Division II membership.
Modeling the role of leadership for its student-athletes, Nyack president, Dr. Michael G. Scales, is a member of the Presidents Council of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), a 15-member panel of university presidents from Division II schools. On this chief governing body for NCAA Division II athletics, Dr. Scales serves as a Championships Committee Liaison.
“We are very proud of Storm,” says Keith Davie, Nyack College Director of Athletics and Head Men’s Soccer coach.“He is an assertive and intelligent young man who will make Nyack and the CACC proud.”
- In a World of Darkness: Light...and Love
- 2017 Top Online Colleges for Student Economic Mobility
- Rev. G. Palmer Pardington, III (1939-2017) to Be Memorialized
- New Testament City of Bethsaida Unearthed?
- Remembering Dr. Rexford Boda, President Emeritus (1933-2017)
- Dr. Marie White Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- RELEASE: Nyack College Opts In to the NYS Enhanced Tuition Award
- El-Araj Excavation Update and Photo Gallery
- Summertime Prayer
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, "Mutual by Design" Conference Speaker
- Lauren Lebo, Lacrosse Head Coach
- SAVE THE DATES! September 29 & 30: Borderline Music Festival
- From Dr. Steve Notley in Israel: AJCO Dig Discovery!
- AGSC's Marriage & Family Therapy Ranked #4 Among Top 25 Counseling Programs in the Northeast
- Nyack Basketball Alumni Compete at IBall National Pro Combine
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- Celebrating the Life of ATS Alumna Aliceteen Taylor
- Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Browse Blog Archive>>