Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
Though Prof. Ralph Gordon Ellenberger passed away this past spring, this legendary man is still being celebrated. The Nyack College School of Music will present three concerts honoring his well-lived life.
An alumnus of Nyack College, Prof. Ellenberger earned a BA at Wheaton College and an MA at the University of Chicago. He joined the Nyack College faculty in September 1973, where he served as department chair of anthropology and sociology. He retired in 1999 to Omaha, NE where he was active in the Dundee Presbyterian Church, sang in the choir, taught adult education, was a part of several Bible studies, served on the Session, shared teaching responsibilities with the pastors, was active in the Mariners group, and served on the Crescendo Concert Series Board.
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2014 @ 7 PM
NYACK COLLEGE - PARDINGTON HALL
1 South Blvd.
Nyack, NY 10960
Nyack’s critically acclaimed artist, Dr. Tammy Lum, will be featured in a solo piano recital on Thursday, November 20 at 7:00 p.m. on the Rockland County campus in Pardington Hall. Her program will include the music of Rachmaninoff, Beethoven, Liszt, Albright, Gershwin and her own hymn improvisations.
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 23, 2014 @ 7 PM
CRESCENDO CONCERT SERIES
Dundee Presbyterian Church
5312 Underwood Ave.
Omaha, NE 68132
The concert features Dr. Tammy Lum, pianist. Click here for more information on the Dundee Presbyterian Church Crescendo concerts.
MONDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2014 @ 5 PM
Miovski & Mansfield Music Hall (22nd Floor)
2 Washington St.
New York, NY 10004
This recital will feature Dr. Lum with Nyack NYC School of Music faculty, Dr. Sue Lane Talley & Prof. Margrit Julia Zimmerman.
ABOUT THE ARTISTS
Dr. Tammy Lum is a tenured Nyack College School of Music faculty member. As a professor and piano pedagogue, she has conducted master classes for the last two decades to young children, college music students, professionals and adult amateurs in colleges and universities in the U.S., Hong Kong, and China. She is a National Certified Teacher of Music with the Music Teachers National Association and a member of the Rockland County Music Teachers Guild. Dr. Lum, the founder and artistic director of Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College, earned her Doctor of Musical Arts at the Manhattan School of Music and received bachelor’s and master’s degrees from the Eastman School of Music.
Dr. Sue Talley is assistant dean of the Nyack College New York City School of Music and has been teaching at Nyack and directing the Nyack Chorale since 2001. Dr. Talley is a graduate of Whitworth University (B.A.), Western Washington University (M.A.), the University of Dublin (Ph.D.), and the Institute for Worship Studies. She made her concerto debut with the Santa Barbara Symphony at the age of sixteen. Sue received a National Opera Institute grant and coaching apprenticeship at The Metropolitan Opera. In addition to working with Joan Dornemann at the Met, she has studied opera coaching and accompaniment with Martin Katz, Alberta Masiello, and Marcello and Mario Del Monaco.
Margrit Julia Zimmermann is an artist with uncommon poetic talent. Her special contact with the piano—her fine, gentle touch represents the best tradition of European and Russian piano schools. She possesses an unusual musical creative ability and virtuosity that flourishes in her interpretations of Schubert, Schumann, Brahms and Rachmaninoff. Ms. Zimmermann, Artist-in-Residence in the School of Music the Nyack College Manhattan campus, completed her studies at the world-renowned Tchaikovsky Conservatoire in Moscow with Dmitri Bashkirov, where she studied with Lev Naumov, Vera Gornostaeva and Vadim Sukhanov. Her concerts have frequently been televised throughout Russia, Lithuania and Germany.
Admission to each event is free. For more information contact the Nyack School of Music at 845.675.4687 or email email@example.com.
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, "Mutual by Design" Conference Speaker
- Lauren Lebo, Lacrosse Head Coach
- SAVE THE DATES! September 29 & 30: Borderline Music Festival
- El-Araj Excavation Update and Photo Gallery
- RELEASE: Nyack College Opts In to the NYS Enhanced Tuition Award
- From Dr. Steve Notley in Israel: AJCO Dig Discovery!
- AGSC's Marriage & Family Therapy Ranked #4 Among Top 25 Counseling Programs in the Northeast
- Nyack Basketball Alumni Compete at IBall National Pro Combine
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- Celebrating the Life of ATS Alumna Aliceteen Taylor
- Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
- Remembering Robin Luce
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- Browse Blog Archive>>