Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
Though Prof. Ralph Gordon Ellenberger passed away this past spring, this legendary man is still being celebrated. The Nyack College School of Music will present three concerts honoring his well-lived life.
An alumnus of Nyack College, Prof. Ellenberger earned a BA at Wheaton College and an MA at the University of Chicago. He joined the Nyack College faculty in September 1973, where he served as department chair of anthropology and sociology. He retired in 1999 to Omaha, NE where he was active in the Dundee Presbyterian Church, sang in the choir, taught adult education, was a part of several Bible studies, served on the Session, shared teaching responsibilities with the pastors, was active in the Mariners group, and served on the Crescendo Concert Series Board.
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2014 @ 7 PM
NYACK COLLEGE - PARDINGTON HALL
1 South Blvd.
Nyack, NY 10960
Nyack’s critically acclaimed artist, Dr. Tammy Lum, will be featured in a solo piano recital on Thursday, November 20 at 7:00 p.m. on the Rockland County campus in Pardington Hall. Her program will include the music of Rachmaninoff, Beethoven, Liszt, Albright, Gershwin and her own hymn improvisations.
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 23, 2014 @ 7 PM
CRESCENDO CONCERT SERIES
Dundee Presbyterian Church
5312 Underwood Ave.
Omaha, NE 68132
The concert features Dr. Tammy Lum, pianist. Click here for more information on the Dundee Presbyterian Church Crescendo concerts.
MONDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2014 @ 5 PM
Miovski & Mansfield Music Hall (22nd Floor)
2 Washington St.
New York, NY 10004
This recital will feature Dr. Lum with Nyack NYC School of Music faculty, Dr. Sue Lane Talley & Prof. Margrit Julia Zimmerman.
ABOUT THE ARTISTS
Dr. Tammy Lum is a tenured Nyack College School of Music faculty member. As a professor and piano pedagogue, she has conducted master classes for the last two decades to young children, college music students, professionals and adult amateurs in colleges and universities in the U.S., Hong Kong, and China. She is a National Certified Teacher of Music with the Music Teachers National Association and a member of the Rockland County Music Teachers Guild. Dr. Lum, the founder and artistic director of Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College, earned her Doctor of Musical Arts at the Manhattan School of Music and received bachelor’s and master’s degrees from the Eastman School of Music.
Dr. Sue Talley is assistant dean of the Nyack College New York City School of Music and has been teaching at Nyack and directing the Nyack Chorale since 2001. Dr. Talley is a graduate of Whitworth University (B.A.), Western Washington University (M.A.), the University of Dublin (Ph.D.), and the Institute for Worship Studies. She made her concerto debut with the Santa Barbara Symphony at the age of sixteen. Sue received a National Opera Institute grant and coaching apprenticeship at The Metropolitan Opera. In addition to working with Joan Dornemann at the Met, she has studied opera coaching and accompaniment with Martin Katz, Alberta Masiello, and Marcello and Mario Del Monaco.
Margrit Julia Zimmermann is an artist with uncommon poetic talent. Her special contact with the piano—her fine, gentle touch represents the best tradition of European and Russian piano schools. She possesses an unusual musical creative ability and virtuosity that flourishes in her interpretations of Schubert, Schumann, Brahms and Rachmaninoff. Ms. Zimmermann, Artist-in-Residence in the School of Music the Nyack College Manhattan campus, completed her studies at the world-renowned Tchaikovsky Conservatoire in Moscow with Dmitri Bashkirov, where she studied with Lev Naumov, Vera Gornostaeva and Vadim Sukhanov. Her concerts have frequently been televised throughout Russia, Lithuania and Germany.
Admission to each event is free. For more information contact the Nyack School of Music at 845.675.4687 or email email@example.com.
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>