Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
Dr. K. Kale Yu, assistant professor of history at Nyack College will be the featured speaker at Session 3 of the Rockland campus Colloquium Series on Wednesday, November 19 at 4:00 p.m. in Presidents Hall (Shuman Hall), 185 South Highland Ave., Nyack, NY.
His topic, “Environmental Christian Ethics: A Christian approach to ecology and sustainability,” will examine the ways in which current perspectives of ecology have negotiated society's approaches to their relationship with the environment.
"Through the ways we understand the environment, our experience helps us to map the shifting ecological terrain, and to develop understandings of how larger processes related to economics has impacted the dynamics of our treatment to ecological issues," says Dr. Yu. Within this context, this paper addresses the Christian ethics of ecological interdependence as a way to bridge the dualistic identification of ecology and humanity. By challenging existing mechanistic approaches to the environment, a Christian ethic attempts to provide a basis for a negotiation of our understanding of ecology in light of Christian reflections on our inter-connectedness, while failure of that attempt leads to an encounter not only the rejection of engaging global sustainability but also the reinforcement of a larger, political and economic ideology.
All are welcome.
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- SEPT 29: ATS Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Update on Nyack's Seminary Branch in Puerto Rico
- September Alumni Spotlight on WNYK: Pastor Greg Haueter
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Nyack Night at the Borderline Music Festival
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- Browse Blog Archive>>