Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
Dr. K. Kale Yu, assistant professor of history at Nyack College will be the featured speaker at Session 3 of the Rockland campus Colloquium Series on Wednesday, November 19 at 4:00 p.m. in Presidents Hall (Shuman Hall), 185 South Highland Ave., Nyack, NY.
His topic, “Environmental Christian Ethics: A Christian approach to ecology and sustainability,” will examine the ways in which current perspectives of ecology have negotiated society's approaches to their relationship with the environment.
"Through the ways we understand the environment, our experience helps us to map the shifting ecological terrain, and to develop understandings of how larger processes related to economics has impacted the dynamics of our treatment to ecological issues," says Dr. Yu. Within this context, this paper addresses the Christian ethics of ecological interdependence as a way to bridge the dualistic identification of ecology and humanity. By challenging existing mechanistic approaches to the environment, a Christian ethic attempts to provide a basis for a negotiation of our understanding of ecology in light of Christian reflections on our inter-connectedness, while failure of that attempt leads to an encounter not only the rejection of engaging global sustainability but also the reinforcement of a larger, political and economic ideology.
All are welcome.
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Save the DAte for Nyack's School of Music Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Browse Blog Archive>>