Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
Dr. K. Kale Yu, assistant professor of history at Nyack College will be the featured speaker at Session 3 of the Rockland campus Colloquium Series on Wednesday, November 19 at 4:00 p.m. in Presidents Hall (Shuman Hall), 185 South Highland Ave., Nyack, NY.
His topic, “Environmental Christian Ethics: A Christian approach to ecology and sustainability,” will examine the ways in which current perspectives of ecology have negotiated society's approaches to their relationship with the environment.
"Through the ways we understand the environment, our experience helps us to map the shifting ecological terrain, and to develop understandings of how larger processes related to economics has impacted the dynamics of our treatment to ecological issues," says Dr. Yu. Within this context, this paper addresses the Christian ethics of ecological interdependence as a way to bridge the dualistic identification of ecology and humanity. By challenging existing mechanistic approaches to the environment, a Christian ethic attempts to provide a basis for a negotiation of our understanding of ecology in light of Christian reflections on our inter-connectedness, while failure of that attempt leads to an encounter not only the rejection of engaging global sustainability but also the reinforcement of a larger, political and economic ideology.
All are welcome.
- Jan 30-Feb 1: Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Udo Middelmann: Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- Browse Blog Archive>>