Remembering Elizabeth M. Aines, Nyack Alumna and Presidents' Assistant
A loyal servant and friend of Nyack College, Elizabeth M. Aines (’50) passed away on November 1, 2006. For the past three years, she lived at Shell Point in the Assisted Living and Memory Care unit at the Fort Myers, FL residence.
The Middlebury, VT native served in the Navy during World War II. With the benefit of the GI Bill, she attended and graduated from Nyack Missionary College with a bachelor’s degree in Christian Education. Her role as a campus leader was evident in the list of activities beneath her yearbook photo. She was Junior Class Vice President, Fall’49; Concert Tour; Glee Club; Jewel Gatherers, Treasurer ’48; Missionarian, Features Editor; and World Prayer Band, Vice President, ’49. She later earned a Masters Degree from New York University.
Betty, as she was fondly known, continued a nearly three decade-long relationship with Nyack as an administrative assistant to three presidents: Dr. Harold Boon, Dr. Thomas Bailey, and Dr. David Rambo, before retiring in 1986.
Her brother, Ronald Aines, shared in a recent letter that “Betty lived a life of single purpose, ‘to serve God through consistent work at Nyack Missionary College and as a witness to Him before all with whom she came in contact.”
A memorial service and internment will be planned for the summer of 2007 in Middlebury, Vermont, where her parents and grandparents are buried. Contributions in her memory can be designated for the Permanent Endowment Fund and sent to Nyack College, 1 South Boulevard, Nyack, NY 10960.
- SEPT. 18: Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack College
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- On the Passing of Mrs. Dianna Sanders
- Nyack NYC Student Leadership Development Retreat
- 2014 Global Engagement Lecture Features Director of REALIS Christian Center in Kiev, Ukraine
- College of Arts and Sciences Convenes Its Faculty/Staff Retreat
- Nyack History Professor Receives Columbia U Libraries Research Award
- Coming Soon: Nyack NYC and Rockland Student Orientations
- A Sunday Best: Nyack's Own Brightnie Jones
- Browse Blog Archive>>