Remembering Elizabeth M. Aines, Nyack Alumna and Presidents' Assistant
A loyal servant and friend of Nyack College, Elizabeth M. Aines (’50) passed away on November 1, 2006. For the past three years, she lived at Shell Point in the Assisted Living and Memory Care unit at the Fort Myers, FL residence.
The Middlebury, VT native served in the Navy during World War II. With the benefit of the GI Bill, she attended and graduated from Nyack Missionary College with a bachelor’s degree in Christian Education. Her role as a campus leader was evident in the list of activities beneath her yearbook photo. She was Junior Class Vice President, Fall’49; Concert Tour; Glee Club; Jewel Gatherers, Treasurer ’48; Missionarian, Features Editor; and World Prayer Band, Vice President, ’49. She later earned a Masters Degree from New York University.
Betty, as she was fondly known, continued a nearly three decade-long relationship with Nyack as an administrative assistant to three presidents: Dr. Harold Boon, Dr. Thomas Bailey, and Dr. David Rambo, before retiring in 1986.
Her brother, Ronald Aines, shared in a recent letter that “Betty lived a life of single purpose, ‘to serve God through consistent work at Nyack Missionary College and as a witness to Him before all with whom she came in contact.”
A memorial service and internment will be planned for the summer of 2007 in Middlebury, Vermont, where her parents and grandparents are buried. Contributions in her memory can be designated for the Permanent Endowment Fund and sent to Nyack College, 1 South Boulevard, Nyack, NY 10960.
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Browse Blog Archive>>