Remembering Elizabeth M. Aines, Nyack Alumna and Presidents' Assistant
A loyal servant and friend of Nyack College, Elizabeth M. Aines (’50) passed away on November 1, 2006. For the past three years, she lived at Shell Point in the Assisted Living and Memory Care unit at the Fort Myers, FL residence.
The Middlebury, VT native served in the Navy during World War II. With the benefit of the GI Bill, she attended and graduated from Nyack Missionary College with a bachelor’s degree in Christian Education. Her role as a campus leader was evident in the list of activities beneath her yearbook photo. She was Junior Class Vice President, Fall’49; Concert Tour; Glee Club; Jewel Gatherers, Treasurer ’48; Missionarian, Features Editor; and World Prayer Band, Vice President, ’49. She later earned a Masters Degree from New York University.
Betty, as she was fondly known, continued a nearly three decade-long relationship with Nyack as an administrative assistant to three presidents: Dr. Harold Boon, Dr. Thomas Bailey, and Dr. David Rambo, before retiring in 1986.
Her brother, Ronald Aines, shared in a recent letter that “Betty lived a life of single purpose, ‘to serve God through consistent work at Nyack Missionary College and as a witness to Him before all with whom she came in contact.”
A memorial service and internment will be planned for the summer of 2007 in Middlebury, Vermont, where her parents and grandparents are buried. Contributions in her memory can be designated for the Permanent Endowment Fund and sent to Nyack College, 1 South Boulevard, Nyack, NY 10960.
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Global Service-Learning 2015
- Peace and Hope Visit Nyack Rockland
- Hudson Link, TEDxSing Sing and Nyack College in New York Times Feature
- Sophia Institute Conference Features Nyack NYC Faculty
- Mandela Day Celebration at Nyack
- Storm Glautier Named CACC Rep to the National Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Browse Blog Archive>>