Remembering Elizabeth M. Aines, Nyack Alumna and Presidents' Assistant
A loyal servant and friend of Nyack College, Elizabeth M. Aines (’50) passed away on November 1, 2006. For the past three years, she lived at Shell Point in the Assisted Living and Memory Care unit at the Fort Myers, FL residence.
The Middlebury, VT native served in the Navy during World War II. With the benefit of the GI Bill, she attended and graduated from Nyack Missionary College with a bachelor’s degree in Christian Education. Her role as a campus leader was evident in the list of activities beneath her yearbook photo. She was Junior Class Vice President, Fall’49; Concert Tour; Glee Club; Jewel Gatherers, Treasurer ’48; Missionarian, Features Editor; and World Prayer Band, Vice President, ’49. She later earned a Masters Degree from New York University.
Betty, as she was fondly known, continued a nearly three decade-long relationship with Nyack as an administrative assistant to three presidents: Dr. Harold Boon, Dr. Thomas Bailey, and Dr. David Rambo, before retiring in 1986.
Her brother, Ronald Aines, shared in a recent letter that “Betty lived a life of single purpose, ‘to serve God through consistent work at Nyack Missionary College and as a witness to Him before all with whom she came in contact.”
A memorial service and internment will be planned for the summer of 2007 in Middlebury, Vermont, where her parents and grandparents are buried. Contributions in her memory can be designated for the Permanent Endowment Fund and sent to Nyack College, 1 South Boulevard, Nyack, NY 10960.
- Nyack College Partners With the Luis Palau Evangelistic Association
- Vote for Nyack's Joel Pompa, Young Christian Leaders Scholarship Nominee
- Friday, Jan. 30: Andrew Palau at Nyack College Rockland
- February 9: Andrew White in Concert at Nyack College Rockland
- Photographer Babita Patel Captures the Spirit of Nyack's Hudson Link Graduation
- C&MA Metro District Grant Supports Training for Emerging Leaders at Nyack/ATS
- RELEASE: Nyack College Degrees to 24 Fishkill Correctional Facility Grads
- Nyack College Represented at NYC Police Commissioner Bill Bratton's Meeting With Clergy
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Teams Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary
- Celebrating the Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- LoHud Trumpets Nyack's Upcoming Social Justice Celebration
- RELEASE: Nyack's Social Justice Celebration Marks 10th Anniversary
- Nyack Welcomes New Manhattan and Rockland Campus Students With Orientations
- Nyack Baseball Team Collecting Baseball Gloves for Sports Clinic in Mexico
- Browse Blog Archive>>