Nyack Graduate Librettist for Opera, The Outlaw and the King
Nyack alumnus David Herrstrom (’68) has written the libretto for an opera by Mark Zuckerman, which will be presented at Rutgers University on Friday, December 15, 7:30 PM. Act I of the two-act The Outlaw and the King, centered on the relationship of King Saul, David, and Jonathan, will be performed by the Opera Workshop at the Mason Gross School of the Arts, Rutgers University, Schare Recital Hall, Maryott Music Building in New Brunswick, NJ.
If you’re interested in seeing The Outlaw and the King but can’t make the performance Friday, you may attend the dress rehearsal at 5:30 PM the previous evening, Thursday, December 14. For more information, including the libretto and bios of the singers, go to http://www.mazicmusic.com/OutlawAndKing.htm.
Admission is free. For directions, visit www.masongross.rutgers.edu
- TODAY: "A Greener NYC" to Showcase a Nyack School of Music Performance at City Hall
- LAST DAY to Shop for Nyack Warrior Gear Online
- Nyack College Joins the Luis Palau Association CityServe Event in Manhattan
- RELEASE: Steinway Piano Dedication With Author/NY Times Reporter James Barron
- C&MA Church Planter Among Those Murdered in Guinea
- Alrick Brown's Award-winning Kinyarwanda Screening & Panel at Nyack NYC
- Dean Ron Walborn Interviewed on Unseminary.com
- RELEASE: October 20 Unearthing Magdala, An Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins Conference
- Report on AJCO-CSGE Panel: Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- 9/11 Thirteen Years Later
- Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
- HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
- India Trip for Nyack School of Nursing Combines Study With Outreach
- A Call to Prayer September 1-7 by C&MA President John Stumbo
- True Confessions or A Half Century-Old Mystery to be Unveiled at Homecoming 2014!
- Browse Blog Archive>>