Nyack Graduate Librettist for Opera, The Outlaw and the King
Nyack alumnus David Herrstrom (’68) has written the libretto for an opera by Mark Zuckerman, which will be presented at Rutgers University on Friday, December 15, 7:30 PM. Act I of the two-act The Outlaw and the King, centered on the relationship of King Saul, David, and Jonathan, will be performed by the Opera Workshop at the Mason Gross School of the Arts, Rutgers University, Schare Recital Hall, Maryott Music Building in New Brunswick, NJ.
If you’re interested in seeing The Outlaw and the King but can’t make the performance Friday, you may attend the dress rehearsal at 5:30 PM the previous evening, Thursday, December 14. For more information, including the libretto and bios of the singers, go to http://www.mazicmusic.com/OutlawAndKing.htm.
Admission is free. For directions, visit www.masongross.rutgers.edu
- December 3 Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled for Spring 2015
- DECEMBER 4: Trinity Church Wall Street Choir Series Features Nyack NYC Chorale
- Memorial Concerts Honoring Professor Emeritus Ralph Ellenberger (1934-2014)
- Leadership Rockland Multicultural Communities Day Kicks Off at Nyack College
- Chamberfest at Nyack Rockland School of Music
- Nyack Rockland Colloquium Series Features Dr. K. Kale Yu
- Fall Concerts at Nyack College
- NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
- Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
- Nyack Students Up For The Challenge
- The Jubilee Chorus Performs at The Bowery Mission
- Auditions for Spring 2015 Production of "The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon"
- OCTOBER 30: CSGE Colloquium Series on Environmental Sustainability
- NY Times Hails Rear Admiral R. Timothy Ziemer (NC '65) as "The Malaria Fighter"
- RELEASE: Official Statement on Ebola Update - Week October 27
- Browse Blog Archive>>