NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
Forgive Us: Confessions of a Compromised Faith, a book presentation and panel discussion on the text written by co-authors, Dr. Soong Chan Rah and Lisa Sharon Harper took place on Thursday, November 6 at the Nyack College Manhattan campus at 2 Washington Street in room 2241.
Dr. Mayra Lopez Humphreys, director of Nyack’s School of Social Work served as moderator for the event. Authors Rah and Harper addressed church-inflicted wounding of various groups in society and the need for the evangelical community to repent and lament for the absence of inclusivity. The discussion also focused on the Christian historical narrative with esteemed Nyack College faculty panelists.
Panelists included (l-r) Ms. Marcia Herrera, adjunct professor of social work; Dr. Cleotha Robertson, assistant professor of Old Testament; Dr. Vilma Balmaceda, associate professor of political science; Dr. Louis de Caro, assistant professor of church history; and authors Dr. Soong Chan Rah and Ms. Lisa Sharon Haroper.
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Alumna Alyssa Cruz Presents on Technology-Infused and Data-Driven Lesson Planning
- #GivingTuesday for Nyack's Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico
- Three Nyack Warriors on 2017 Men's Soccer All-Academic Team
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>