NYACK NYC: Forgive Us...Confessions of a Compromised Faith--Book and Panel Discussion
Forgive Us: Confessions of a Compromised Faith, a book presentation and panel discussion on the text written by co-authors, Dr. Soong Chan Rah and Lisa Sharon Harper took place on Thursday, November 6 at the Nyack College Manhattan campus at 2 Washington Street in room 2241.
Dr. Mayra Lopez Humphreys, director of Nyack’s School of Social Work served as moderator for the event. Authors Rah and Harper addressed church-inflicted wounding of various groups in society and the need for the evangelical community to repent and lament for the absence of inclusivity. The discussion also focused on the Christian historical narrative with esteemed Nyack College faculty panelists.
Panelists included (l-r) Ms. Marcia Herrera, adjunct professor of social work; Dr. Cleotha Robertson, assistant professor of Old Testament; Dr. Vilma Balmaceda, associate professor of political science; Dr. Louis de Caro, assistant professor of church history; and authors Dr. Soong Chan Rah and Ms. Lisa Sharon Haroper.
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Feb 22: Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- TODAY: Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- February 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium Series
- Athletes Leadership Conference at Nyack College
- How a Nyack Sports Hero Was Celebrated
- First Hudson Link/Nyack College Graduation at Taconic Correctional Facility
- January 29-31: Deeper Life Series Speaker is Dr. Jonathan Shaw
- "Dan Bailey Day" at Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>