Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
The Nyack College Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) will host its Sixth Annual Nyack Scholar’s Symposium, “In Search of Global Sustainability.” The two-day event will be held on Wednesday, November 5 at the New York City campus, 2 Washington Street in Manhattan and on Thursday, November 6 at the Rockland County campus at 1 South Boulevard in Nyack.
The plenary speaker will be Dr. Kevin Danaher, a co-founder of Global Exchange (1988), co-founder of FairTradeUSA (1997), founder and executive co-producer of the Green Festivals (2001), and founding executive director of Friends of SF Environment (2012). Described by The New York Times as the “Paul Revere of globalization’s woes,” Dr. Danaher’s analytical expertise, sense of humor, and blunt eloquence make him an exceptionally dynamic speaker. He has written or edited 11 books and co-authored The Green Festival Reader: Fresh ideas from Agents of Change (PoliPoint Press, 2011) with Alisa Gravitz. With Shannon Biggs and Jason Mark he co-wrote Building the Green Economy: Success Stories from the Grassroots (PoliPoint Press, 2010). Dr. Danaher’s plenary address will address, “The merging of spirituality and science can save humanity form itself.”
CSGE director, Dr. Vilma Balmaceda says, “We anticipate that our moderators and responding panelists on both campuses will stimulate a dynamic scholarly dialogue. It is our hope that this event will continue to go beyond the boundaries of our campus community and grow our audiences to include the communities and neighbors near our New York campuses in Manhattan and in Rockland County."
The Symposium will also include breakout sessions featuring presentations from Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary faculty and students.
Visit www.nyack.edu/csge for more Symposium details and upcoming events.
- FEB 25: Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- FEB 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- FEB 28 Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Browse Blog Archive>>