Fall 2014 Nyack's Scholars Symposium
The Nyack College Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) will host its Sixth Annual Nyack Scholar’s Symposium, “In Search of Global Sustainability.” The two-day event will be held on Wednesday, November 5 at the New York City campus, 2 Washington Street in Manhattan and on Thursday, November 6 at the Rockland County campus at 1 South Boulevard in Nyack.
The plenary speaker will be Dr. Kevin Danaher, a co-founder of Global Exchange (1988), co-founder of FairTradeUSA (1997), founder and executive co-producer of the Green Festivals (2001), and founding executive director of Friends of SF Environment (2012). Described by The New York Times as the “Paul Revere of globalization’s woes,” Dr. Danaher’s analytical expertise, sense of humor, and blunt eloquence make him an exceptionally dynamic speaker. He has written or edited 11 books and co-authored The Green Festival Reader: Fresh ideas from Agents of Change (PoliPoint Press, 2011) with Alisa Gravitz. With Shannon Biggs and Jason Mark he co-wrote Building the Green Economy: Success Stories from the Grassroots (PoliPoint Press, 2010). Dr. Danaher’s plenary address will address, “The merging of spirituality and science can save humanity form itself.”
CSGE director, Dr. Vilma Balmaceda says, “We anticipate that our moderators and responding panelists on both campuses will stimulate a dynamic scholarly dialogue. It is our hope that this event will continue to go beyond the boundaries of our campus community and grow our audiences to include the communities and neighbors near our New York campuses in Manhattan and in Rockland County."
The Symposium will also include breakout sessions featuring presentations from Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary faculty and students.
Visit www.nyack.edu/csge for more Symposium details and upcoming events.
- AGSC's Marriage & Family Therapy Ranked #4 Among Top 25 Counseling Programs in the Northeast
- Nyack Basketball Alumni Compete at IBall National Pro Combine
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
- Remembering Robin Luce
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Browse Blog Archive>>