Nyack Alumna in Remake of Tony-Award Winning "Dreamgirls"
Nyack Communications alumna, Markita Prescott, will appear in a remake of Dreamgirls, the Tony Award-winning Broadway musical. A limited run will be presented at the Kumble Theatre for the Performing Arts at the Long Island University campus on the corner of DeKalb and Flatbush Avenue in Brooklyn.
A May 2006 graduate, Markita is no stranger to the stage or the camera. She has appeared on the long-running television series, The Cosby Show and in many nationally aired television commercials, as well as in off-Broadway productions.
Tony Award winning actor Ben Harney, who co-starred in the original Broadway show, is the director. The seven performances are presented by BAMSS (By All Means Save Some) Theatre Works, a group established as “a concept combining multiple disciplines of theatre with biblical principles in workshop settings to develop vibrant creative community and an understanding of how to serve it.”
Show dates and times are:
November 17 at 7:30 p.m.
November 18 at 2:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
November 24 at 7:30 p.m.
November 25 at 2:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
November 26 at 5:00 p.m.
Tickets are $49; students and seniors with ID, $39; VIP seating with pre-show reception for opening night on Saturday, November 18, $100. For more information, phone the box office at 718.488.1624 or visit www.kumbletheatre.org
- Friday, May 29: Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Nyack NYC Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- Nyack College/ATS Empower 2015
- New York City Fish Count
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Browse Blog Archive>>