Official Nyack College Statement Regarding Unknown Man on Campus September 23
On Tuesday, September 23, two separate students reported encountering an unknown man walking on our residential campus in South Nyack, NY. Their conversations were pleasant, but to them he appeared to be suspicious. There was a soccer match on campus that day and it was unclear if this individual may have been a fan from the visiting team. Campus Security was notified and they were alerted to keep an eye out for this individual.
On October 2, while reviewing campus security video footage for another matter, the described individual was identified on footage inside several Nyack College buildings and attempting to open locked doors in our Campus Center and men’s dorm on the date that he was originally reported being seen – September 23.
The South Nyack Police Department was immediately contacted and began a thorough investigation. Apparently, a surveillance camera at a neighboring property also confirmed that the described individual was present on their property on September 23.
We have no evidence that this individual has been back on Nyack College property since September 23 and surveillance camera footage has captured no additional images of him entering buildings. No property was found to be stolen and there were no incidents of this individual attempting to harm anyone.
Flyers and email with pictures of the unknown individual and instructions on steps to take if you see him have been distributed on campus. Campus digital signage has also been utilized to distribute the picture of this gentleman. Residence Life staff held meetings with all resident students earlier this week to provide an update with accurate information so that rumors surrounding this event could be corrected. This has provided an opportunity for everyone in our community to be reminded of steps that we can all take to maintain a safe and secure community.
- New Edition of The Forum Published
- March 29: The Amasi Trio in Concert
- OPENING MARCH 31: Nyack's Spring Play: The Importance of Being Earnest
- MARCH 31: Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- Browse Blog Archive>>