October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
Mayra Lopez-Humphreys, director of the Nyack College Master in Social Work program and associate professor in the Department of Social Work has facilitated a partnership with Community Connections for Youth (CCFY) and will present the South Bronx Community Connections (SBCC) report, “More Community Re-Investment, Less Youth Incarceration on Friday, October 17 from 8:30-11:00 a.m. in Room 2241 of Nyack College's Manhattan campus at 2 Washington Street, New York, NY.
South Bronx Community Connections (SBCC) is the first independently evaluated juvenile justice intervention built entirely on the strengths of local grassroots faith and neighborhood organizations. The initiative, launched with a 3-year $1.1 million grant from the New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) diverts youth who have been arrested from formal court intervention by connecting them to a network of positive adults and activities in their neighborhoods.
CCFY has invited a dynamic panel of speakers. The first panel will consist of the individuals involved in the implementation of the project, including Rev. Rubén Austria and Nancy Jacobs, Executive Director Emeritus of the Center for Research & Evaluation at John Jay College of Criminal Justice.
The second panel, moderated by Vincent Schiraldi, Senior Advisor to the Mayor's Office of Criminal Justice, will include Ana Bermudez, Commissioner of the NYC Department of Probation, Felipe Franco, Deputy Commissioner for the Division of Youth and Family Justice at the NYC Administration for Children's Services (ACS), Elizabeth Glazer, Director of the Mayor's Office of Criminal Justice, Elayna Konsta, Chief Executive Officer, Office of Safety and Youth Development for the NYC Department of Education. They will discuss the implications of the evaluation for the field of juvenile justice.
A link will be posted on the Nyack College website on the day of the event to acess the live stream broadcast of the event.
For more information, contact Lydia Sierra, Development Director at Lydia@cc-fy.org or call 718-309-7800. Help spread the word about this exciting event. Let us and others know you will be attending or watching online. Send a tweet to @CC4Y, visit CCFY on Facebook or online at http://cc-fy.org/category/projects/sbcc .
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack's Spring Production: The Importance of Being Earnest
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- Browse Blog Archive>>