October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
Mayra Lopez-Humphreys, director of the Nyack College Master in Social Work program and associate professor in the Department of Social Work has facilitated a partnership with Community Connections for Youth (CCFY) and will present the South Bronx Community Connections (SBCC) report, “More Community Re-Investment, Less Youth Incarceration on Friday, October 17 from 8:30-11:00 a.m. in Room 2241 of Nyack College's Manhattan campus at 2 Washington Street, New York, NY.
South Bronx Community Connections (SBCC) is the first independently evaluated juvenile justice intervention built entirely on the strengths of local grassroots faith and neighborhood organizations. The initiative, launched with a 3-year $1.1 million grant from the New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) diverts youth who have been arrested from formal court intervention by connecting them to a network of positive adults and activities in their neighborhoods.
CCFY has invited a dynamic panel of speakers. The first panel will consist of the individuals involved in the implementation of the project, including Rev. Rubén Austria and Nancy Jacobs, Executive Director Emeritus of the Center for Research & Evaluation at John Jay College of Criminal Justice.
The second panel, moderated by Vincent Schiraldi, Senior Advisor to the Mayor's Office of Criminal Justice, will include Ana Bermudez, Commissioner of the NYC Department of Probation, Felipe Franco, Deputy Commissioner for the Division of Youth and Family Justice at the NYC Administration for Children's Services (ACS), Elizabeth Glazer, Director of the Mayor's Office of Criminal Justice, Elayna Konsta, Chief Executive Officer, Office of Safety and Youth Development for the NYC Department of Education. They will discuss the implications of the evaluation for the field of juvenile justice.
A link will be posted on the Nyack College website on the day of the event to acess the live stream broadcast of the event.
For more information, contact Lydia Sierra, Development Director at Lydia@cc-fy.org or call 718-309-7800. Help spread the word about this exciting event. Let us and others know you will be attending or watching online. Send a tweet to @CC4Y, visit CCFY on Facebook or online at http://cc-fy.org/category/projects/sbcc .
- Nyack Students Perform in Annual Music Marathon
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Isa Agape: A WNYK Interview and Worship & Praise Night Leader
- Telling the Nyack Story
- Graduation for Fishkill Cohort 905
- Dr. Elaine Chao, Nyack Honorary Degree Recipient, Named to President-elect Trump's Cabinet
- Good Reads in Forum Issue #2
- WNYK Airs Interviews With West Side Story Cast and Crew
- Accreditation for MA in Marriage and Family Therapy at Alliance Graduate School of Counseling
- Thinking of You With a Grateful Heart...
- Preparing for Christmas and Giving Thanks
- Wall Street Journal College Rankings List Puts Nyack Among Top 20 in the U.S. for Campus Environment
- A West Side Story Who's Who
- Nyack Alumna and Author Linda Graf Shares Message on Bitterness
- Final Colloquium in Fall Series Features Film "Inside Man"
- Dr. David Ireland, Nyack Rockland Chapel Speaker
- Nyack Student Stephanie Fisher, a Guest Conductor at Kathleen Battle Event
- School of Music Students Share Joy at Market Street Mission
- Sean Pica of Hudson Link Visits Nyack Students on Rockland Campus
- Career Talk With New York State Trooper at Nyack Rockland
- Nyack Students Among Top Three Presenters at Biology Conference
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Hosts Nyack Scholars Symposium
- Thank You for Voting for Josh and Jackie Blanchard!
- The New Forum--The Voice of Nyack College Students
- Faculty Recital: Dr. Tammy Lum, pianist
- Browse Blog Archive>>