October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
Mayra Lopez-Humphreys, director of the Nyack College Master in Social Work program and associate professor in the Department of Social Work has facilitated a partnership with Community Connections for Youth (CCFY) and will present the South Bronx Community Connections (SBCC) report, “More Community Re-Investment, Less Youth Incarceration on Friday, October 17 from 8:30-11:00 a.m. in Room 2241 of Nyack College's Manhattan campus at 2 Washington Street, New York, NY.
South Bronx Community Connections (SBCC) is the first independently evaluated juvenile justice intervention built entirely on the strengths of local grassroots faith and neighborhood organizations. The initiative, launched with a 3-year $1.1 million grant from the New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) diverts youth who have been arrested from formal court intervention by connecting them to a network of positive adults and activities in their neighborhoods.
CCFY has invited a dynamic panel of speakers. The first panel will consist of the individuals involved in the implementation of the project, including Rev. Rubén Austria and Nancy Jacobs, Executive Director Emeritus of the Center for Research & Evaluation at John Jay College of Criminal Justice.
The second panel, moderated by Vincent Schiraldi, Senior Advisor to the Mayor's Office of Criminal Justice, will include Ana Bermudez, Commissioner of the NYC Department of Probation, Felipe Franco, Deputy Commissioner for the Division of Youth and Family Justice at the NYC Administration for Children's Services (ACS), Elizabeth Glazer, Director of the Mayor's Office of Criminal Justice, Elayna Konsta, Chief Executive Officer, Office of Safety and Youth Development for the NYC Department of Education. They will discuss the implications of the evaluation for the field of juvenile justice.
A link will be posted on the Nyack College website on the day of the event to acess the live stream broadcast of the event.
For more information, contact Lydia Sierra, Development Director at Lydia@cc-fy.org or call 718-309-7800. Help spread the word about this exciting event. Let us and others know you will be attending or watching online. Send a tweet to @CC4Y, visit CCFY on Facebook or online at http://cc-fy.org/category/projects/sbcc .
- OCT 23-25: Dave Powers Returns for Spiritual Formation's Prayer Summit 2017
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary Alumni at Metro District Conference "Expectation"
- Movement Day New York City
- Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- NOV 8-9: Nyack Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- NOV 4: Dr. Anna Flores-Locke to Present at American Counseling Association Event
- WNYK's October Alumni Spotlight: Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight
- First 2017-2018 Issue of The Forum is Released
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- Browse Blog Archive>>