October 17: Nyack's School of Social Work and Community Connections for Youth Release Report
Mayra Lopez-Humphreys, director of the Nyack College Master in Social Work program and associate professor in the Department of Social Work has facilitated a partnership with Community Connections for Youth (CCFY) and will present the South Bronx Community Connections (SBCC) report, “More Community Re-Investment, Less Youth Incarceration on Friday, October 17 from 8:30-11:00 a.m. in Room 2241 of Nyack College's Manhattan campus at 2 Washington Street, New York, NY.
South Bronx Community Connections (SBCC) is the first independently evaluated juvenile justice intervention built entirely on the strengths of local grassroots faith and neighborhood organizations. The initiative, launched with a 3-year $1.1 million grant from the New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) diverts youth who have been arrested from formal court intervention by connecting them to a network of positive adults and activities in their neighborhoods.
CCFY has invited a dynamic panel of speakers. The first panel will consist of the individuals involved in the implementation of the project, including Rev. Rubén Austria and Nancy Jacobs, Executive Director Emeritus of the Center for Research & Evaluation at John Jay College of Criminal Justice.
The second panel, moderated by Vincent Schiraldi, Senior Advisor to the Mayor's Office of Criminal Justice, will include Ana Bermudez, Commissioner of the NYC Department of Probation, Felipe Franco, Deputy Commissioner for the Division of Youth and Family Justice at the NYC Administration for Children's Services (ACS), Elizabeth Glazer, Director of the Mayor's Office of Criminal Justice, Elayna Konsta, Chief Executive Officer, Office of Safety and Youth Development for the NYC Department of Education. They will discuss the implications of the evaluation for the field of juvenile justice.
A link will be posted on the Nyack College website on the day of the event to acess the live stream broadcast of the event.
For more information, contact Lydia Sierra, Development Director at Lydia@cc-fy.org or call 718-309-7800. Help spread the word about this exciting event. Let us and others know you will be attending or watching online. Send a tweet to @CC4Y, visit CCFY on Facebook or online at http://cc-fy.org/category/projects/sbcc .
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- MAY 31: Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Celebrating the School of Nursing's "Surviving Six"
- Class of 2017....You Did It!
- The Nyack College Fishing Club's Big Catch
- Non-Profit Awards Dr. Jackie Washington Fellowship for Ecology Project in Costa Rica
- Seventh Year for Woman...Rite of Passage Ceremony
- Meet the 2017-2018 NYC Campus Student Government Officers
- The Forum....Issue #6
- Nyack's Wakefield Wins CACC Conference Golf Championship
- Jonathan Demme, a Nyack Organizational Leadership Guest Speaker
- Nyack Honor Society Students Celebrated
- Summer 2017 Research Grants for Nyack Faculty Announced
- Issachah Savage Conducts Masterclass for Nyack Music Students
- Browse Blog Archive>>