Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
After several years of serving Nyack College in the search for a new Manhattan campus home, team members of the New York City office of CBRE, the commercial real estate firm, became intimately acquainted with the mission and vision of the college and its leadership. A unique friendship grew.
Mr. Gerry Miovski and Mr. Christopher Mansfield, both CBRE senior vice presidents demonstrated their singular appreciation for Nyack College by investing in the institution. Recently, their philanthropy resulted in the naming and dedication of the Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall on the 22nd floor of the Battery Park campus where the School of Music is housed. Pictured above (l-r) at the ceremony are Dr. David Jennings, Hannah Jennings, Cindy Jennings, Emma Miovski, Gerry Miovski, Morgan Miovski, Bonnie Miovski, Emily Mansfield, Sang Mansfield, Benjamin Mansfield, Chris Mansfield, Dr. David Turk, and President Michael Scales.
Says Associate Dean of Student Development, Charles Hammond, “Attending the music hall dedication was just another example of why it's so great to be a part of this institution of Christian higher education. Gerry, Chris, and their families were visibly touched by the ceremony and I was likewise very inspired by the tribute of the Music Hall.”
Nichole Knott-Craig, Alliance Graduate School of Counseling’s associate director of admissions reported that the audience offered a standing ovation to Mr. Gerry Miovski, Mr. Chris Mansfield and their wives and children. It was clearly an emotional time for the campus community and the donors. One of Mr. Miovski's daughters said, "Wow, it's so cool that my Dad has a music hall named after him!"
Ms. Knott-Craig shared, “Overall the event was more than just a dedication. It was a representation of Nyack's friendship with two generous individuals who blessed Nyack College's NYC campus with a means to move forward with the Miracle in Manhattan. It not only was a great encouragement to all present but a genuine reminder that the "Miracle in Manhattan" is a confirmation that Nyack's best days are ahead of us.”
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>