Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
After several years of serving Nyack College in the search for a new Manhattan campus home, team members of the New York City office of CBRE, the commercial real estate firm, became intimately acquainted with the mission and vision of the college and its leadership. A unique friendship grew.
Mr. Gerry Miovski and Mr. Christopher Mansfield, both CBRE senior vice presidents demonstrated their singular appreciation for Nyack College by investing in the institution. Recently, their philanthropy resulted in the naming and dedication of the Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall on the 22nd floor of the Battery Park campus where the School of Music is housed. Pictured above (l-r) at the ceremony are Dr. David Jennings, Hannah Jennings, Cindy Jennings, Emma Miovski, Gerry Miovski, Morgan Miovski, Bonnie Miovski, Emily Mansfield, Sang Mansfield, Benjamin Mansfield, Chris Mansfield, Dr. David Turk, and President Michael Scales.
Says Associate Dean of Student Development, Charles Hammond, “Attending the music hall dedication was just another example of why it's so great to be a part of this institution of Christian higher education. Gerry, Chris, and their families were visibly touched by the ceremony and I was likewise very inspired by the tribute of the Music Hall.”
Nichole Knott-Craig, Alliance Graduate School of Counseling’s associate director of admissions reported that the audience offered a standing ovation to Mr. Gerry Miovski, Mr. Chris Mansfield and their wives and children. It was clearly an emotional time for the campus community and the donors. One of Mr. Miovski's daughters said, "Wow, it's so cool that my Dad has a music hall named after him!"
Ms. Knott-Craig shared, “Overall the event was more than just a dedication. It was a representation of Nyack's friendship with two generous individuals who blessed Nyack College's NYC campus with a means to move forward with the Miracle in Manhattan. It not only was a great encouragement to all present but a genuine reminder that the "Miracle in Manhattan" is a confirmation that Nyack's best days are ahead of us.”
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- MAY 31: Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Celebrating the School of Nursing's "Surviving Six"
- Class of 2017....You Did It!
- The Nyack College Fishing Club's Big Catch
- Non-Profit Awards Dr. Jackie Washington Fellowship for Ecology Project in Costa Rica
- Seventh Year for Woman...Rite of Passage Ceremony
- Meet the 2017-2018 NYC Campus Student Government Officers
- The Forum....Issue #6
- Nyack's Wakefield Wins CACC Conference Golf Championship
- Jonathan Demme, a Nyack Organizational Leadership Guest Speaker
- Nyack Honor Society Students Celebrated
- Summer 2017 Research Grants for Nyack Faculty Announced
- Issachah Savage Conducts Masterclass for Nyack Music Students
- Browse Blog Archive>>