Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall Dedicated at Nyack NYC Campus
After several years of serving Nyack College in the search for a new Manhattan campus home, team members of the New York City office of CBRE, the commercial real estate firm, became intimately acquainted with the mission and vision of the college and its leadership. A unique friendship grew.
Mr. Gerry Miovski and Mr. Christopher Mansfield, both CBRE senior vice presidents demonstrated their singular appreciation for Nyack College by investing in the institution. Recently, their philanthropy resulted in the naming and dedication of the Miovski and Mansfield Families Music Hall on the 22nd floor of the Battery Park campus where the School of Music is housed. Pictured above (l-r) at the ceremony are Dr. David Jennings, Hannah Jennings, Cindy Jennings, Emma Miovski, Gerry Miovski, Morgan Miovski, Bonnie Miovski, Emily Mansfield, Sang Mansfield, Benjamin Mansfield, Chris Mansfield, Dr. David Turk, and President Michael Scales.
Says Associate Dean of Student Development, Charles Hammond, “Attending the music hall dedication was just another example of why it's so great to be a part of this institution of Christian higher education. Gerry, Chris, and their families were visibly touched by the ceremony and I was likewise very inspired by the tribute of the Music Hall.”
Nichole Knott-Craig, Alliance Graduate School of Counseling’s associate director of admissions reported that the audience offered a standing ovation to Mr. Gerry Miovski, Mr. Chris Mansfield and their wives and children. It was clearly an emotional time for the campus community and the donors. One of Mr. Miovski's daughters said, "Wow, it's so cool that my Dad has a music hall named after him!"
Ms. Knott-Craig shared, “Overall the event was more than just a dedication. It was a representation of Nyack's friendship with two generous individuals who blessed Nyack College's NYC campus with a means to move forward with the Miracle in Manhattan. It not only was a great encouragement to all present but a genuine reminder that the "Miracle in Manhattan" is a confirmation that Nyack's best days are ahead of us.”
- TONIGHT IN ROCKLAND: Nyack's WNYK 88.7FM Launch Party
- Coming to Nyack: A Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) Program for Youth
- Every Day A Gift Concert: Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Classic Luncheon Speaker
- 15 Years Later...We Still Remember
- Go Fish...Again!
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary to Be Highlighted on "Pursuing God" Broadcast
- Register for the Nyack Leadership Speaker Series Lecture With Peter Irvine
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Alumni Jazz Musicians RSVP ASAP For This Homecoming Gig
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Browse Blog Archive>>