Anti-Human Trafficking Art Exhibit with Susan Clinthorne and Sally Thielen at Nyack Rockland
The Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) presents, "Broken," The LostandFound Awareness Art Exhibit on Monday, October 6 and Tuesday, October 7 at the Rockland County campus in Presidents Hall located in Shuman Hall at 185 South Highland Avenue in Nyack. Come meet and enjoy the work of the artists pictured above (l-r) Susan Clinthorne, Robert Thielen, and Sally Thielen. There is no charge for admission and all are welcome to enjoy the following on both days:
Open House (Meet the artists!): 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Special Presentation by the Artists: 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm
The Ms. Clinthorne, an Ann Arbor, MI resident says, “I am so fortunate to have the privilege of being an artist. It helps me look more closely at the world and from different viewpoints. As a visual artist, I am deeply affected by what I see. Through my work I can share my discoveries with others. As an art instructor, the Arbor Art Center allows me to share my love of watercolor and pastels. And, as a docent at the University of Michigan Museum of Art (UMMA) I can share my enthusiasm for art with all ages. One of my core beliefs is that everyone can make the world a little better by using the skills and interests they were born with.”
Sally Thielen has exhibited her work nationally and internationally, and has work on permanent display in many prominent museums including the Museum of Craft, The Museum of Folk Arts in Moscow, the Chicago Field Museum, The Museum of Ethnology and Anthropology in St. Petersburg, Russia, and the Art Center of Tokushima, Japan. Mrs. Thielen and her husband, Robert are the co-authors of a book, Dibaajumowinan.
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico...Firm and Persevering!
- Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
- 2017 Seed to Harvest Seminar Hosted by Donna Baptiste Ministries
- '08 ATS Alumnus and Young Adults Pastor Adds Executive Director Role to Ministry
- Faculty Recital Features Dr. Tammy Lum
- Nyack Dean to Azusa Pacific Director: Coast to Coast Mentoring
- Nyack Warriors Basketball Podcast
- A Nyack College Cast Revives Lin-Manuel Miranda's "In the Heights"
- Puerto Rico Seminary Community Outreach to Families
- NOV 15: WMCA Radio 570AM Networking Breakfast at Nyack New York City Campus
- Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Nyack School of Music Students Perform at Market Street Mission
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Hosts Colloquium Series
- Prayer Summit 2017 With Dave Powers
- Browse Blog Archive>>