Anti-Human Trafficking Art Exhibit with Susan Clinthorne and Sally Thielen at Nyack Rockland
The Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) presents, "Broken," The LostandFound Awareness Art Exhibit on Monday, October 6 and Tuesday, October 7 at the Rockland County campus in Presidents Hall located in Shuman Hall at 185 South Highland Avenue in Nyack. Come meet and enjoy the work of the artists pictured above (l-r) Susan Clinthorne, Robert Thielen, and Sally Thielen. There is no charge for admission and all are welcome to enjoy the following on both days:
Open House (Meet the artists!): 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Special Presentation by the Artists: 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm
The Ms. Clinthorne, an Ann Arbor, MI resident says, “I am so fortunate to have the privilege of being an artist. It helps me look more closely at the world and from different viewpoints. As a visual artist, I am deeply affected by what I see. Through my work I can share my discoveries with others. As an art instructor, the Arbor Art Center allows me to share my love of watercolor and pastels. And, as a docent at the University of Michigan Museum of Art (UMMA) I can share my enthusiasm for art with all ages. One of my core beliefs is that everyone can make the world a little better by using the skills and interests they were born with.”
Sally Thielen has exhibited her work nationally and internationally, and has work on permanent display in many prominent museums including the Museum of Craft, The Museum of Folk Arts in Moscow, the Chicago Field Museum, The Museum of Ethnology and Anthropology in St. Petersburg, Russia, and the Art Center of Tokushima, Japan. Mrs. Thielen and her husband, Robert are the co-authors of a book, Dibaajumowinan.
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- MAY 31: Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Celebrating the School of Nursing's "Surviving Six"
- Class of 2017....You Did It!
- The Nyack College Fishing Club's Big Catch
- Non-Profit Awards Dr. Jackie Washington Fellowship for Ecology Project in Costa Rica
- Seventh Year for Woman...Rite of Passage Ceremony
- Meet the 2017-2018 NYC Campus Student Government Officers
- The Forum....Issue #6
- Nyack's Wakefield Wins CACC Conference Golf Championship
- Jonathan Demme, a Nyack Organizational Leadership Guest Speaker
- Nyack Honor Society Students Celebrated
- Summer 2017 Research Grants for Nyack Faculty Announced
- Issachah Savage Conducts Masterclass for Nyack Music Students
- Browse Blog Archive>>