Anti-Human Trafficking Art Exhibit with Susan Clinthorne and Sally Thielen at Nyack Rockland
The Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) presents, "Broken," The LostandFound Awareness Art Exhibit on Monday, October 6 and Tuesday, October 7 at the Rockland County campus in Presidents Hall located in Shuman Hall at 185 South Highland Avenue in Nyack. Come meet and enjoy the work of the artists pictured above (l-r) Susan Clinthorne, Robert Thielen, and Sally Thielen. There is no charge for admission and all are welcome to enjoy the following on both days:
Open House (Meet the artists!): 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Special Presentation by the Artists: 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm
The Ms. Clinthorne, an Ann Arbor, MI resident says, “I am so fortunate to have the privilege of being an artist. It helps me look more closely at the world and from different viewpoints. As a visual artist, I am deeply affected by what I see. Through my work I can share my discoveries with others. As an art instructor, the Arbor Art Center allows me to share my love of watercolor and pastels. And, as a docent at the University of Michigan Museum of Art (UMMA) I can share my enthusiasm for art with all ages. One of my core beliefs is that everyone can make the world a little better by using the skills and interests they were born with.”
Sally Thielen has exhibited her work nationally and internationally, and has work on permanent display in many prominent museums including the Museum of Craft, The Museum of Folk Arts in Moscow, the Chicago Field Museum, The Museum of Ethnology and Anthropology in St. Petersburg, Russia, and the Art Center of Tokushima, Japan. Mrs. Thielen and her husband, Robert are the co-authors of a book, Dibaajumowinan.
- Every Day A Gift Concert: Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Classic Luncheon Speaker
- 15 Years Later...We Still Remember
- Go Fish...Again!
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary to Be Highlighted on "Pursuing God" Broadcast
- Register for the Nyack Leadership Speaker Series Lecture With Peter Irvine
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Alumni Jazz Musicians RSVP ASAP For This Homecoming Gig
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Browse Blog Archive>>