Anti-Human Trafficking Art Exhibit with Susan Clinthorne and Sally Thielen at Nyack Rockland
The Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) presents, "Broken," The LostandFound Awareness Art Exhibit on Monday, October 6 and Tuesday, October 7 at the Rockland County campus in Presidents Hall located in Shuman Hall at 185 South Highland Avenue in Nyack. Come meet and enjoy the work of the artists pictured above (l-r) Susan Clinthorne, Robert Thielen, and Sally Thielen. There is no charge for admission and all are welcome to enjoy the following on both days:
Open House (Meet the artists!): 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Special Presentation by the Artists: 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm
The Ms. Clinthorne, an Ann Arbor, MI resident says, “I am so fortunate to have the privilege of being an artist. It helps me look more closely at the world and from different viewpoints. As a visual artist, I am deeply affected by what I see. Through my work I can share my discoveries with others. As an art instructor, the Arbor Art Center allows me to share my love of watercolor and pastels. And, as a docent at the University of Michigan Museum of Art (UMMA) I can share my enthusiasm for art with all ages. One of my core beliefs is that everyone can make the world a little better by using the skills and interests they were born with.”
Sally Thielen has exhibited her work nationally and internationally, and has work on permanent display in many prominent museums including the Museum of Craft, The Museum of Folk Arts in Moscow, the Chicago Field Museum, The Museum of Ethnology and Anthropology in St. Petersburg, Russia, and the Art Center of Tokushima, Japan. Mrs. Thielen and her husband, Robert are the co-authors of a book, Dibaajumowinan.
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- SEPT 29: ATS Celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Update on Nyack's Seminary Branch in Puerto Rico
- September Alumni Spotlight on WNYK: Pastor Greg Haueter
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Nyack Night at the Borderline Music Festival
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- Browse Blog Archive>>