9/11 Thirteen Years Later
Thirteen years have passed since September 11, 2001.
Still Manhattan and the nation recall that horrific day in American history.
The 8:46 a.m. hush in the city and a ceremony reading names of the deceased again took place today paying tribute to the lives lost at the hands of evil.
With Nyack’s New York City campus then located at 361 Broadway, the tragedy was too close for comfort, but it did not deter members of the campus community from offering prayer and comfort to the distraught and hopeless.
Nyack Rockland Campus Associate Dean of Students, Mrs. Wanda Velez, though not on the city campus that day, feels the ache even today as she recalls the loss of her dear friend, Manuel Del Valle, Jr., a 32-year-old, a seven-year New York Fire Department firefighter from Engine Company 5 on 14th Street.
She posted on her Facebook wall: “I was blessed to have him as a friend for many years. He always was so great to my family. We miss you Manny! Let's spread love bravely today as we remember the many we lost.”
Tonight Nyack’s city campus will observe a Convocation Service at the Broad Street Ballroom at 6:00 p.m. Administrators, faculty, staff, and students will gather at the 41 Broad Street venue to observe the annual tradition. This year for the Manhattan campus, convocation occurring on this date brings a dual reason for gathering together for reflection and tribute--remembering those gone but not forgottten.
- New Edition of The Forum Published
- March 29: The Amasi Trio in Concert
- OPENING MARCH 31: Nyack's Spring Play: The Importance of Being Earnest
- MARCH 31: Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Nyack College Opera Workshop Presents Verdi's "La Traviata"
- MARCH 25: Dr. Guy Waters - Plenary Speaker for Evangelical Theological Society Conference
- Nyack Alumna, Kathia Benitez Is Director of sustainNU program at Northwestern University
- Alliance Graduate School of Counseling Reunion at NYC Campus
- Bach's 332nd Birthday Bash
- The Gates Way to Medieval Times
- March 18: Hudson River Pianofest 2017 at Nyack College
- President Michael G. Scales to Begin New Term on CICU Board
- Udo Middelmann Returns to Nyack College for Colloquium on Civic Engagement
- Nyack School of Music Students on Harry Connick Jr. Show
- What Is Love? Nyack Rockland Artists Answer the Question
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Founder/CEO Evelyn Bautista-Miller Is CSGE Colloquium Speaker
- ATS Missions Retreat at Mount Crescent House
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- Fifth Anniversary Celebration & Silent Auction to Benefit Empower Program
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- Browse Blog Archive>>