HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
The Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program (Arthur O. Eve HEOP) at Nyack College is a five-year grant program subsidized by the New York State Education Department.
For more than two decades, HEOP has been integral in helping to fulfill the commitment of the Nyack College Rockland campus to provide a means for traditionally underserved, low-income students to obtain admission, as well as academic and financial support, in their quest to earn a college degree. Nyack College boasts more than 2,000 HEOP graduates from the Rockland Nyack College campus.
In July 2014, Nyack College was funded another five years of HEOP grant subsidy at the Rockland campus and welcomed more than two dozen first-year students. Nyack College HEOP now distinguishes itself by being the only institution among HEOP-participating colleges in the entire state of New York to receive a second HEOP grant for a sister college site. The first HEOP class of students launched at the New York City campus with the 2014-2015 academic year.
The HEOP program is under the umbrella of Nyack’s Division of Student Success, led by Associate Dean Gwen Ames (pictured above with 2014 Nyack grads, twin brothers (l-r) Emmanuel and Gabriel Rojas).
The 2014-2019 HEOP funding includes a Math Success Initiative that will encourage complete math remediation by the beginning of the HEOP student’s second college year; to provide professional tutoring and departmental networking with college faculty to ensure success in required college level math courses.
Allocation of funds to support research partnerships between faculty and HEOP students in an effort to encourage strong research skills and graduate school admissions as well as preparation for the world of work. This initiative will be executed through partnership with Dr. Vilma Balmaceda, Director of the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement.
- FEB 25: Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- FEB 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- FEB 28 Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Browse Blog Archive>>