HEOP Continues at Nyack Rockland and Launches at Nyack NYC
The Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program (Arthur O. Eve HEOP) at Nyack College is a five-year grant program subsidized by the New York State Education Department.
For more than two decades, HEOP has been integral in helping to fulfill the commitment of the Nyack College Rockland campus to provide a means for traditionally underserved, low-income students to obtain admission, as well as academic and financial support, in their quest to earn a college degree. Nyack College boasts more than 2,000 HEOP graduates from the Rockland Nyack College campus.
In July 2014, Nyack College was funded another five years of HEOP grant subsidy at the Rockland campus and welcomed more than two dozen first-year students. Nyack College HEOP now distinguishes itself by being the only institution among HEOP-participating colleges in the entire state of New York to receive a second HEOP grant for a sister college site. The first HEOP class of students launched at the New York City campus with the 2014-2015 academic year.
The HEOP program is under the umbrella of Nyack’s Division of Student Success, led by Associate Dean Gwen Ames (pictured above with 2014 Nyack grads, twin brothers (l-r) Emmanuel and Gabriel Rojas).
The 2014-2019 HEOP funding includes a Math Success Initiative that will encourage complete math remediation by the beginning of the HEOP student’s second college year; to provide professional tutoring and departmental networking with college faculty to ensure success in required college level math courses.
Allocation of funds to support research partnerships between faculty and HEOP students in an effort to encourage strong research skills and graduate school admissions as well as preparation for the world of work. This initiative will be executed through partnership with Dr. Vilma Balmaceda, Director of the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement.
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Nyack Night at the Borderline Music Festival
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- Request for Prayer: Hurricane Maria Approaches Puerto Rico
- EMPOWER: Sixth Annual C&MA Certificate Program for Women Kicks Off
- Nyack College "Woman" Students Celebrated at Initiation Ceremony
- SEPT: 18-20 Stephen Fowler, Deeper Life Series Speaker
- SEPT 18: Interview of Building 429's Jason Roy to Re-air on WNYK 88FM
- Fall 2017 Colloquium Series Hosted by Nyack's Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement
- Nyack College on U.S. News & World Report 2018 #BestColleges List
- SEPT 28: Biblical Archaeology Society and Nyack's Center for The Study of Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins NYC Event
- Free Coney Island Concert Nyack's Damien Sneed with Gospel Great, Shirley Caesar
- Nyack Rockland Dean's Personal 9/11 Reflection
- ATS Dean in Vietnam to Teach First Seminary Graduate Level Course
- UPDATE: ATS/Nyack Campus in Puerto Rico
- Diversity Matters: Race, Ethnicity, & The Future of Christian Higher Education
- Listening Party for ISAIAH VELEZ
- Jesus Week Appreciation Banquet, Sept. 7 @6:30 PM
- Youth Pastors Fellowship at Nyack College NYC
- Dan Bailey Named to the CACC Hall of Fame
- An NCLEX-RN Exam Victory for Class of 2017 Alumnae
- Nyack College - A Borderline Music Festival Sponsor
- Andrew Iwaskow, Nyack Alumnus Named Executive VP at Tailored Brands, Inc.
- Browse Blog Archive>>