Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
The Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins (AJCO) graduate program and the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) at Nyack College will co-host a panel discussion featuring Dr. George Y. Kohler of Bar Ilan University, Dept. for Jewish Thought in Ramat Gan, Israel and Mr. Jeffrey García, Ph.D.c. of Nyack's College of Bible and Christian Ministry, on Wednesday, September 10 from noon until 2:00 p.m. at the Nyack New York City campus at 2 Washington Street in Manhattan, Room 2034. Their topic will be “Jewish and Christian perspectives on wealth and the responsibility for the poor.
Dr. Kohler completed a postdoctoral fellowship at the University of Frankfurt and earned an MA and a Ph.D. in Jewish Thought from Ben Gurion University of the Negev. He is the author ofReading Maimonides’ Philosophy in 19th Century Germany, Vol. 15 of the Amsterdam Studies in Jewish Philosophy series, as well as several other books published in Germany.
Jeffrey García is a lecturer in Nyack's Bible Department and a Ph.D. candidate at New York University. A recipient of the NYU McCracken Fellowship, he is also a 2005 summa cum laudeNyack graduate. He has published most recently for the Biblical Archeology Society’s Bible History Daily, "Is Queen Tsadan to Be Identified with Queen Helena of Adiabene?” with Dr. R. Steven Notley (Director of Nyack’s AJCO program).
For more information on the September 10 event, contact the Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins office at 646.378.6148 or the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement office at 845.675.4582.
- FEB 25: Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- FEB 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- FEB 28 Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Browse Blog Archive>>