Jewish and Christian Perspectives on Wealth and Responsibility to the Poor
The Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins (AJCO) graduate program and the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement (CSGE) at Nyack College will co-host a panel discussion featuring Dr. George Y. Kohler of Bar Ilan University, Dept. for Jewish Thought in Ramat Gan, Israel and Mr. Jeffrey García, Ph.D.c. of Nyack's College of Bible and Christian Ministry, on Wednesday, September 10 from noon until 2:00 p.m. at the Nyack New York City campus at 2 Washington Street in Manhattan, Room 2034. Their topic will be “Jewish and Christian perspectives on wealth and the responsibility for the poor.
Dr. Kohler completed a postdoctoral fellowship at the University of Frankfurt and earned an MA and a Ph.D. in Jewish Thought from Ben Gurion University of the Negev. He is the author ofReading Maimonides’ Philosophy in 19th Century Germany, Vol. 15 of the Amsterdam Studies in Jewish Philosophy series, as well as several other books published in Germany.
Jeffrey García is a lecturer in Nyack's Bible Department and a Ph.D. candidate at New York University. A recipient of the NYU McCracken Fellowship, he is also a 2005 summa cum laudeNyack graduate. He has published most recently for the Biblical Archeology Society’s Bible History Daily, "Is Queen Tsadan to Be Identified with Queen Helena of Adiabene?” with Dr. R. Steven Notley (Director of Nyack’s AJCO program).
For more information on the September 10 event, contact the Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins office at 646.378.6148 or the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement office at 845.675.4582.
- SEPT 23-25: Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Every Day A Gift Concert: Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Classic Luncheon Speaker
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- 15 Years Later...We Still Remember
- Go Fish...Again!
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary to Be Highlighted on "Pursuing God" Broadcast
- Register for the Nyack Leadership Speaker Series Lecture With Peter Irvine
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Alumni Jazz Musicians RSVP ASAP For This Homecoming Gig
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Browse Blog Archive>>